Beauty and the Beast (2012)

The CW TV series Beauty and the BeastNetwork: The CW
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: October 11, 2012 — TBD
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Kristin Kreuk, Nina Lisandrello, Brian White, Max Brown, Nicole Gale Anderson, Jay Ryan, and Austin Basis.

TV show description:
This TV series is a reimagining of the classic story and the CBS 1987-90 drama of the same name.

Homicide detective Catherine “Cat” Chandler (Kristin Kreuk) is a smart, no-nonsense woman who is haunted by her own tragic past. As a teenager, Cat witnessed the murder of her mother at the hands of two gunmen. Young Cat would have been killed as well but someone — or some thing — saved her. No one believed her but she knows that it wasn’t an animal that attacked the assassins. Though her savior was strange and terrifying, it was also human.

Years have passed, and although she thinks about her mother every day, Cat is a strong and capable police detective. She works alongside an equally talented partner, Tess Vargas (Nina Lisandrello). The two ladies make a good team, and have become close friends. They’ve worked on countless homicide cases together, under the supervision of their tough-but-fair boss, Joe Bishop (Brian White).

Cat has also become close with medical examiner Evan Marks (Max Brown). They’ve developed a fun and flirtatious relationship that could easily turn into something deeper — if Cat would let that happen. However, as her younger sister Heather (Nicole Gale Anderson) has observed, Cat’s romantic inclinations tend toward bad boys.

While investigating a new case, Cat and Tess discover fingerprints that lead them to a handsome doctor named Vincent Keller (Jay Ryan). He was reportedly killed by enemy fire while serving in Afghanistan in 2002. Digging deeper, Cat learns that Vincent is still very much alive. For mysterious reasons that have forced him to live outside of traditional society, Vincent has been in hiding for the past 10 years.

With the help of his childhood friend, J.T. Forbes (Austin Basis), Vincent has been able to guard his terrible secret — when he is enraged, he becomes a terrifying beast, who’s unable to control his super-strength and heightened senses. Cat is stunned when Vincent admits that he was the “animal” who saved her on the night of her mother’s murder. Vincent doesn’t admit the whole truth however. He is emotionally tied to Cat and has been watching over her since that night.

Cat agrees to protect Vincent’s identity in return for any insight he may have into her mother’s murder. Thus begins a complex relationship between Cat and Vincent, who understand that their connection is extremely dangerous for both of them. Cat’s secret obsession with Vincent puts a strain on her relationship with everyone else around her, and Tess is especially troubled by the feeling that Cat is keeping something from her.

Vincent soon becomes a secret but important part of Cat’s detective work. During the years that he’s spent hiding in the shadows, watching over Cat and other innocents, Vincent has learned a lot about the darkest parts of the city and its residents. His sharpened instincts, incredible strength and human compassion become invaluable to Cat as she works to bring criminals to justice.

As she slowly comes to terms with Vincent’s monstrous alter-ego, Cat senses that she can trust him in ways she hasn’t been able to trust any other man. Despite the obstacles between them, she realizes that she’s safer with him than anywhere else.

Series Finale:
Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

What do you think? Do you like the Beauty and the Beast TV series on The CW? Do you think that it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

201 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Jane says

Do not cancel this show, I live in NZ and know nothing about the cw and what they are about but I know that this programme is the best thing on tv and it would be a disaster if it did not get a second season and a third and fourth. Please take the views of other people other than those in America in to account and keep this show. There is a reason we ate so passionate about it – because it is good and could be amazing for years to come if you give it a chance

2. Deanna says

i do agreed that beauty and the beast is best show that i ever watch on tv love
    so much please do not cancell the make the second season we the fans love that
    show we love beauty and the beast

3. Barrie Shandel says

I love this series! Why would they ever cancel it only to replace it with crap? When its released on Dvd/Blu Ray I will be buying every episode!

4. Tammy Karns says

I love this show so much. I am so addicted to it, it can’t end, their must be a 2nd season. It is too great of a show to get cancelled. Amazing cast.

5. Meme says

Love this show, it is grounded even though it has a bit of sci-fi, but Vincent is still human, and wants to be normal. Why do people & critics think they need to get rid of any tv series that is not built around total sex and violence.

6. sarah says

I love this show! It is one of the most romantic ones that I have seen in a long time. Such a great adaptation of the original fairy tale. Please continue this show forever, or at least for another 4 or 5 seasons!!

7. Tammie says

I absolutely LOVE the show. The writers are so intelligent in writing a story that draws on emotions of the fans each week. I find myself sitting at the edge of my seat and cannot wait til next Thursday to come around again each week. The last episode when they admitted finally their true feelings for each other I was so ecstatic. I want to run and call up to see if anyone was as excited as me unfortunately I don’t know anyone else who also watches. I am a TRUE FAN and CAN’T WAIT to wait to see what happens next. PLEASE PLEASE DON’T CANCEL MY FAVORITE SHOW!!! Thank you.

8. Amber says

Love the show can not wait for more hoping for many seasons to come and a happier ending then the old series where Cat dies.

9. ashley says

i was in love with the secret circle until they cancelled it.. and then i started watching beauty and the best and it an amazing show .. i love it it would be a shame if the cw ends this show after one season :( its a great show

10. brenda says

i love the show
    im looking forward to next season my friends and i come over just to watch this show please dont take it off the air.

11. Susan says

I used to watch Ringer and the Secret Circle until they were cancelled. I am now watching Beauty and the Beast and am told that it will follow in the steps of Secret Circle as well. If this happens, I will only be watching The Vampire Diaries until its end and then I’m through with the CW shows. Many shows that I’ve really gotten to enjoy have been cancelled after just a single season and some have been cancelled with more seasons but without conclusions. The Gate, Kyle XY, Ringer, Secret Circle and perhaps Beauty and the Beast? Apparently, these shows get cancelled because of the lack of viewership among the American people. It doesn’t matter whether you watch it religiously in another country, it doesn’t count! I’ll be so very heartbroken if BatB doesn’t continue! It won’t matter to the CW if I stop watching their shows either because I’m Canadian. This is all so very sad! :(

12. Chris says

There are only a handful of TV shows I enjoy watching, and BATB is ranking 2nd on my personal scale. This show is fresh, though based on and “old” epic series. There are so many possibilities left to explore, like, give Vincent a new identity, and assign Cath to a witness protection program for example. I would definitely like to see much more of these two, so I’m also joining the crowd of viewers who’s really hoping for a second (and more) seasons of BATB. Go Beastie!!

13. Cathy says

Beauty and the Beast is the most addicting TV show right now. It DEFINITELY needs a SECOND season, and more! In its short run, it has won the People’s Choice Award, has a growing number of seriously involved devoted and excited followers, and it just keeps getting better. I myself never watched CW until I stumbled upon BATB while I was flipping channels. And there are a lot of shows out there, but in my opinion, only a handful are worth watching. And BATB tops the short list!! So, I am joining the watchers who want a second season, and hopefully a very, very long run. There are so
    many angles of this show that are worth exploring – and the writers so far have been up to the task!