Beauty and the Beast (2012)

The CW TV series Beauty and the BeastNetwork: The CW
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: October 11, 2012 — TBD
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Kristin Kreuk, Nina Lisandrello, Brian White, Max Brown, Nicole Gale Anderson, Jay Ryan, and Austin Basis.

current TV show

TV show description:
This TV series is a reimagining of the classic story and the CBS 1987-90 drama of the same name.

Homicide detective Catherine “Cat” Chandler (Kristin Kreuk) is a smart, no-nonsense woman who is haunted by her own tragic past. As a teenager, Cat witnessed the murder of her mother at the hands of two gunmen. Young Cat would have been killed as well but someone — or some thing — saved her. No one believed her but she knows that it wasn’t an animal that attacked the assassins. Though her savior was strange and terrifying, it was also human.

Years have passed, and although she thinks about her mother every day, Cat is a strong and capable police detective. She works alongside an equally talented partner, Tess Vargas (Nina Lisandrello). The two ladies make a good team, and have become close friends. They’ve worked on countless homicide cases together, under the supervision of their tough-but-fair boss, Joe Bishop (Brian White).

Cat has also become close with medical examiner Evan Marks (Max Brown). They’ve developed a fun and flirtatious relationship that could easily turn into something deeper — if Cat would let that happen. However, as her younger sister Heather (Nicole Gale Anderson) has observed, Cat’s romantic inclinations tend toward bad boys.

While investigating a new case, Cat and Tess discover fingerprints that lead them to a handsome doctor named Vincent Keller (Jay Ryan). He was reportedly killed by enemy fire while serving in Afghanistan in 2002. Digging deeper, Cat learns that Vincent is still very much alive. For mysterious reasons that have forced him to live outside of traditional society, Vincent has been in hiding for the past 10 years.

With the help of his childhood friend, J.T. Forbes (Austin Basis), Vincent has been able to guard his terrible secret — when he is enraged, he becomes a terrifying beast, who’s unable to control his super-strength and heightened senses. Cat is stunned when Vincent admits that he was the “animal” who saved her on the night of her mother’s murder. Vincent doesn’t admit the whole truth however. He is emotionally tied to Cat and has been watching over her since that night.

Cat agrees to protect Vincent’s identity in return for any insight he may have into her mother’s murder. Thus begins a complex relationship between Cat and Vincent, who understand that their connection is extremely dangerous for both of them. Cat’s secret obsession with Vincent puts a strain on her relationship with everyone else around her, and Tess is especially troubled by the feeling that Cat is keeping something from her.

Vincent soon becomes a secret but important part of Cat’s detective work. During the years that he’s spent hiding in the shadows, watching over Cat and other innocents, Vincent has learned a lot about the darkest parts of the city and its residents. His sharpened instincts, incredible strength and human compassion become invaluable to Cat as she works to bring criminals to justice.

As she slowly comes to terms with Vincent’s monstrous alter-ego, Cat senses that she can trust him in ways she hasn’t been able to trust any other man. Despite the obstacles between them, she realizes that she’s safer with him than anywhere else.
space

Series Finale

Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

space

What do you think? Do you like the Beauty and the Beast TV series on The CW? Do you think that it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Ricky February 10, 2014 at 6:30 pm

keep Beauty and the beast on for many more seasons!!
We love this show!!
Thanks

Ricky

shirley February 6, 2014 at 12:25 pm

i hope they keep is going make a aother one of beauty and the beast season 3.is get really good to watch.i really like it.

shirley February 6, 2014 at 12:18 pm

i hope them keep beauty and the beast go becuse is get really good to watch season 3 just keep is going too.

Allison December 26, 2013 at 11:47 am

This show is phenomenal. The two main characters are perfect together.
Season two was entirely different from season one but still an amazing story. I hope the writing doesn’t get too sloppy. The filming is beautifully done; the lighting, sets, everything. The two leads are compelling. The supporting cast is somewhat missing in season two and in two episodes, our beloved JT was left out entirely.

They don’t seem to know what to do with the Gabe character, liar, attempted murderer, then hero with pompous musings. Who knows or cares. Then adding a red head woman beast. That may be a very big mistake. She isn’t a compelling character, neither likable or dislikable. She was just to throw in some teen age angst, I suppose.

The only hope is that they don’t constantly fall into the CW Network trap of always throwing in a love triangle.

The hiatus is making me suffer from withdrawal pains. Truly, when I surf the channels, nothing compares to BATB and I am left adrift waiting for it to come back.

felicia koerner February 9, 2014 at 1:10 pm

I love Beauty and the Beast and would hate to see it cancelled. I didn’t much like the second season as I did the first season. In the beginning the writers kept you on edge and not too many people knew about Vincent.

Now everyone knows about him. Their connection is spot on and to see her with Gabe and Vincent with Tori just didn’t sit well with me. Vincent and Cat still have that connection and are meant to be together. If you are going to cancel the show at least let them wind up back together again.

tiffles the beastie December 23, 2013 at 6:26 am

Totally love this show! I love how they fell in love and how they protect each other no matter what the risks are in season 1. Season 2 left me in suspension of constantly wondering and I loved it. I hope they continue having seasons for this show for I know it would break my heart if it is ever cancelled. Keep batb alive!

BKD November 9, 2013 at 2:27 am

Looove this show! I’ve been waiting since I was a kid for a show based on the 80’s Beauty and the Beast old series, and although this one holds it’s fair share of differences with it so far I have not been dissapointed…

Anonymous October 3, 2013 at 12:48 pm

I want it back on. What’s going to happen? I looked forward to Thursday nights.

Sarah September 10, 2013 at 5:52 am

I love this show & especially Vincent. I would be gutted if there wasn’t a second season as I’m addicted!!
It’s brilliant, bit of drama, romance & action aswell as a great story & great acting……
I definately want to see more & more

ME August 22, 2013 at 9:05 pm

I still enjoy this show and do not want to see it cancelled. It is different and I am tired of reality television shows……It is different than the original made for TV.. it has some new qualities… Keep it going..

Thanx!

carol August 8, 2013 at 9:09 pm

love, love, love this show…big mistake to cancel…everyone loves a love story, no matter who the two characters are…..

forgot twitter password July 30, 2013 at 7:52 pm

Great work! This is the kind of info that are meant to be shared across the internet.
Shame on the search engines for now not positioning this post upper!
Come on over and seek advice from my website .
Thanks =)

vasilis vasileiadis July 19, 2013 at 5:41 pm

hey it is me vasilis from athens greece i read patricia’s coments and i disagree with all that what she said for the series.i personaly find the remake of the old series perfect the actor kristin kreuk i a GODDESS and with jay ryan they have the perfect chemist.i like the way that when he is become mad for one reason he turned into the beast.i like that because he is able to walk when he is culme among the people without poeple knows that he is the becoming beast when he is enranged and when is good or hapy he has the human form i like that. i am BIG FUN of that remake which is DIAMONT PERFECT GOLD.kristin kreuk ia as allways the leader of the the series for me ans she will be for ever a GODDESS.by my opinion all the team and espesialy the creator ron koslow he can give the show third fourth and much more seasons because the script is very flexable.and also i want to say to the cw network many thanks for giving to the series second season and i want to belive many more seasons.the kristin kreuk and jay ryan woth it.thank you very much.i want to send my love and my suport to them and espesialy to kristin kreuk.even now when the first season has finist i am watching all the 22 episodes from the beging all the week.every night i am watching 5 episodes one after another.thank you kristin an jay.

Patricia July 15, 2013 at 12:42 pm

I like the old original tv show better from the 1980-1992 anyways his not the original Vincent at all. Even if his good looking.But his not a beast.I don’t think this show isn’t good at all like the original. I missed the original tv show that was canceled. It made me very sad that show was canceled. Too many tv show I love and enjoyed was my favorite. I do have original tv show from the 1980-1990.The beautiful poetry , the musics brings me to tears.The excitement danger , adventure from long time ago was the best.But too bad those type of show doesn’t exist anymore. They censored too many programs this year. It just not the same.I’m sorry that other people like it. I learn things from the original tv show of Beauty and the Beast that looks isn’t everything, deep with in their personality is good kindness heart in that person. I’ve learn to write poetry from the original show since I was young kid. I still have the original poem I wrote when I was young kid at heart. I wanted to believe that I would find someone nice , decent , good looking , kindness, bad boy, write poetry, good talents.But that is over for now. I’m very sorry to be honest its not my favorite at all that show. Please cancel this show dislike it. I hope it never come back at all.

Lisa June 10, 2013 at 11:14 pm

Love the show only wish could watch it all on Roku. Only able to watch Season 1 Eposode 1-3. Would like to see it not cancelled. Like the show.

maygan June 9, 2013 at 6:14 am

Love this series!!! cant wait to watch the 2nd season!!!! definitely should NOT be cancelled!!!!