Beauty and the Beast: Season One Ratings

Beauty and the Beast ratingsWith a great lead-in, Beauty and the Beast has the best chance of any new CW show this season of getting solid ratings. Will it survive or, like last year’s Secret Circle, or will it be cancelled?

Following a young beautiful homicide detective and her handsome-yet-scarred protector, Beauty and the Beast typically airs Thursday nights on The CW network. The cast includes Kristin Kreuk, Jay Ryan, Nina Lisandrello, Brian White, Max Brown, Nicole Gale Anderson, and Austin Basis.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Beauty and the Beast will be cancelled or renewed for a second season.

Final season averages: 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.61 million total viewers.

Episode 01-22: Thursday, 05/16/13
0.5 in the demo (0% change) with 1.26 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 0.61 in the demo with 1.61 million.

Episode 01-21: Thursday, 05/09/13
0.5 in the demo (0% change) with 1.29 million (+5% change).
Season averages: 0.61 in the demo with 1.63 million.

Episode 01-20: Thursday, 05/02/13
0.5 in the demo (0% change) with 1.23 million (-1% change).
Season averages: 0.62 in the demo with 1.65 million.

UPDATE: The CW has renewed the series for a second season.

Episode 01-19: Thursday, 04/25/13
0.5 in the demo (-17% change) with 1.24 million (-22% change).
Season averages: 0.63 in the demo with 1.67 million.

Episode 01-18: Thursday, 04/18/13
0.6 in the demo (0% change) with 1.59 million (+6% change).
Season averages: 0.63 in the demo with 1.69 million.

Episode 01-17: Thursday, 03/28/13
0.6 in the demo (0% change) with 1.50 million (-13% change).
Season averages: 0.64 in the demo with 1.70 million.

Episode 01-16: Thursday, 03/21/13
0.6 in the demo (+20% change) with 1.72 million (+20% change).
Season averages: 0.64 in the demo with 1.71 million.

Episode 01-15: Thursday, 03/14/13
0.5 in the demo (0% change) with 1.43 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 0.64 in the demo with 1.71 million.

Episode 01-14: Thursday, 02/21/13
0.5 in the demo (0% change) with 1.52 million (+9% change).
Season averages: 0.65 in the demo with 1.73 million.

Episode 01-13: Thursday, 02/14/13
0.5 in the demo (-17% change) with 1.40 million (-5% change).
Season averages: 0.66 in the demo with 1.74 million.

Episode 01-12: Thursday, 02/07/13
0.6 in the demo (-14% change) with 1.48 million (-17% change).
Season averages: 0.67 in the demo with 1.78 million.

Episode 01-11: Thursday, 01/31/13
0.7 in the demo (0% change) with 1.72 million (-4% change).
Season averages: 0.68 in the demo with 1.80 million.

Episode 01-10: Thursday, 01/24/13
0.7 in the demo (+17% change) with 1.79 million (+13% change).
Season averages: 0.68 in the demo with 1.81 million.

Episode 01-09: Thursday, 12/13/12
0.6 in the demo (+20% change) with 1.59 million (+13% change).
Season averages: 0.68 in the demo with 1.81 million.

CW TV show ratingsEpisode 01-08: Thursday, 12/06/12
0.5 in the demo (-17% change) with 1.41 million (-7% change).
Season averages: 0.69 in the demo with 1.84 million.

Episode 01-07: Thursday, 11/29/12
0.6 in the demo (0% change) with 1.52 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 0.71 in the demo with 1.90 million.

Episode 01-06: Thursday, 11/15/12
0.6 in the demo (-14% change) with 1.56 million (-15% change).
Season averages: 0.73 in the demo with 1.96 million.

UPDATE: The CW has given the show a full season of episodes.

Episode 01-05: Thursday, 11/08/12
0.7 in the demo (+17% change) with 1.84 million (+8% change).
Season averages: 0.76 in the demo with 2.04 million.

Episode 01-04: Thursday, 11/01/12
0.6 in the demo (0% change) with 1.70 million (-10% change).
Season averages: 0.77 in the demo with 2.09 million.

Episode 01-03: Thursday, 10/25/12
0.6 in the demo (-14% change) with 1.88 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 0.83 in the demo with 1.88 million.

UPDATE: The CW has ordered three additional scripts.

Episode 01-02: Thursday, 10/18/12
0.7 in the demo (-42% change) with 2.00 million (-28% change).
Season averages: 0.95 in the demo with 2.39 million.

Episode 01-01: Thursday, 10/10/12
1.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.78 million total viewers.
Season average: 1.20 in the demo with 2.78 million.

Year-to-year, compared to The Secret Circle’s premiere in the same post-Vampire Diaries timeslot, the network was down by 8% in the demo (vs a 1.3 rating) and down 8% in viewership (vs 3.05 million). While these numbers were still very good, Beauty and the Beast won’t survive if its numbers fall like Secret Circle’s did.

What do you think? Do you like the Beauty and the Beast TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Amazon.com Widgets

Kelly February 27, 2013 at 11:08 pm

Love Beauty and the Beast!!! I have to watch it on CWTV.COM because it’s in the same time slot a GREY’S ANATOMY on ABC!! Too bad you can see how many view you get on your website of a show!!! I watch it as soon as it’s up on the website every week!!! These channels need to realise that most people work evenings now of days. Some have no other choice but to catch it on the website and then they want to punish the ones who love the show but can’t watch it in it’s original time slot!! That’s just dirty in my book!!

eddieo February 27, 2013 at 8:38 pm

love beauty and the beast KEEP THE SHOW ON…PLEASE

Janet February 27, 2013 at 11:54 am

I just started watching Beauty and the Beast and I love it. CW, please don’t cancel this show!!

BATB Fan February 26, 2013 at 7:52 pm

BATB needs better advertising campaigns and if necessary should be moved to another day in the schedule for Fall 2013. However under no circumstances should it be cancelled, it is a phenomenal show, brimming with potential and has a very loyal following internationally.

The CW has just announced the dates for its season finales – Beauty and the Beast will air up until May, while the Carrie Diaries will finish in early April. Let’s hope that is an indicator the BATB will be renewed while CD may face cancellation (a big sorry for the fans of that show!). Max Brown who plays Dr Evan in the show has stated the show’s status is still uncertain, in a recent Digital Spy interview but stated that this is often the case at this point in the season. The Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, Arrow and arrow have already been renewed with Arrow being the only freshman among them. However Arrow is based on a DC Comics property so it already has a fan-base who will follow it. Beauty and the Beast needs time to build up a following. Here’s hoping the CW gives it a chance.

Rochelle February 26, 2013 at 5:12 pm

Please!!!! Jay Ryan!!!!!and Kristen Kreuk!!!!!!! our so great in this show. They make it what it’s become. It’s so simple and powerful. it’s so funny!!!!! JT is such a funny guy. I have to see this show last. Every woman deserves a man like Vincent. please!!!!!keep theses actors on the show please. let this show stay. We beasties will be heart broken if y’all take it away from us. :( So please let this show go on !!!!!!!

Shean February 26, 2013 at 9:06 am

I just don’t understand why CW network will not renew the BATB and they said the rating is low in fact it is a phenominal show all over the world and millions of beasties fan will be sad if they will cancel the show…:-( CW network you should give us a chance to enjoy the BATB show for the second season.

Julie February 25, 2013 at 5:40 pm

love this show don’t want to see it go I like the story line how he was genetically enhanced instead of born looking like a beast this has so much more going for it. I don’t get to see it the night it is released but I buy the episodes on the next morning

Krystal February 25, 2013 at 1:34 pm

This is a wonderful show which deserves to go on for a long time! Beautifully drawn characters, great story, everything a loyal B&B fan could ask for … and let’s not forget gorgeous photography, the cityscapes are awesome… Such a high quality program, why would anyone even think of cancelling it in favor of the junk that permeates television these days? Please, please, keep B&B going for those of us who love it!!!

Lydia Wood February 24, 2013 at 8:10 pm

Give this series a chance and at least one more season. We are so quick to cancel a show..

Debra February 24, 2013 at 6:00 pm

I love this show and I definitely want a second season. The show keeps getting better with every episode. The chemistry between the two leads is the best I have watched in a very long time.

Dave February 24, 2013 at 12:06 pm

I tend to like cult television shows. Firefly, TVD, Buffy etc. I am currently watching TVD, Arrow and Beauty and the Beast on the CW. Of the three I watch I have to be honest, I look the most forward to Beauty and the Beast. It is the one that is most likely to surprise me. Arrow has great action, TVD great characters but I am enjoying watching the growth of BATB. It has a fun combination of action, mystery, conspiracy and sexual tension. There are always great one liners. I highly recommend anyone out there who enjoys these elements, open your mind and give it a try. The show now is a lot different that what you saw in the pilot. Just my two cents. The mythology is not one of those so complicated you have to be in on it from the beginning. Just sit back and enjoy the hour.

BATB Fan February 24, 2013 at 1:00 am

Beauty and the Beast is a phenomenal new show and the storyline keeps getting better and the chemistry between the two leads gets stronger each week. Comparing it with the Secret Circle, I would have to say Beauty and The Beast is in a much better than the SC was mid-season. I felt the Secret Circle had lost a lot of its mystery and and just ended up being quite silly – I found I couldn’t invest in the characters at all.

In contrast, you can’t help but root for the Beauty and the Beast couple and while the supporting characters still need a little work, I still look forward to each and every episode and feel the show has so much potential.As for The Vampire Diaries and Arrow I have found myself tiring of both of them, TVD is just a series of deaths and one boring love triangle as well as Arrow which in my opinion is losing steam.

Anonymous February 25, 2013 at 12:13 am

I completely agree!!!!! TVD has completely loss my attention with all these deaths!! I understand the need to get rid of a character sometimes, but this show requires someone to die in each episode now. I’m not exactly sure what route Arrow is taking, but I will continue to watch. BATB better get renewed because I really like it and the paths the show can take are limitless!!!

JenE February 23, 2013 at 10:16 pm

LOVE, love, LOVE this show!! Perfect casting and SUPERB soundtrack choices. FINALLY, the relationship between Vincent and Kat is progressing. Tess and Joe are a little stagnant but I really only care about Vincent and Kat. Do NOT cancel this show!!! The romance is exquisite. Would like to see them build a life together.

Also a fan of Arrow, however. I much prefer B&B.

Laurewa February 23, 2013 at 6:10 pm

I love Beauty and the beast, it’s a great series!!! I hope that there will be many of the others season!!! The series has to begin calmly, but, good advance and there is more and more action(share).. Both main actors are magnificent!!

Jana February 23, 2013 at 5:19 pm

I really enjoy this show, crime with romance , who can ask for anything more.
I really wonder why some good shows being cancelled. Who can guarantee that new show put on the air instead will not be real failure. This show already has it’s fun base and it will only grow if the shows stays good as it is now.