Beauty and the Beast: Season Three for CW Series

Beauty and the Beast ratingsIn what will likely go down as the surprise renewal of the season, The CW has ordered a third season of ratings-challenged Beauty and the Beast. The show has performed poorly this season and was even yanked off the schedule a few months ago.

On Beauty and the Beast, a beautiful detective (Kristin Kreuk), navigates her evolving relationship with a handsome doctor (Jay Ryan) who becomes a terrifying beast. Others in the cast are Austin Basis, Brian White, Max Brown, and Nina Lisandrello.

The show is the network’s second-lowest rated series of the season, attracting an average of a 0.2 demo rating and just 770,000 weekly viewers. The show was put on hiatus in March with the remaining six episodes of season two slated to air this summer, beginning June 2nd.

Word is that the season three renewal is a result of strong international sales for CBS (which co-owns the network).

What do you think? Are you glad that Beauty and the Beast has been renewed for a third season or do you think it should have been cancelled.

Cristina August 28, 2014 at 4:32 am

I am glad that the show was renewed. I really don’t understand why it’s not better rated. I really like it. I never get tired watching it. TVD is at the 6th season, it’s better known, maybe that’s the reason why so many viewers and fans…

Anonymous August 30, 2014 at 5:11 pm

I love BATB also and have been watching it ever since it first aired. I am glad they are bringing back a Season 3 and can’t wait until it airs

Chantal August 21, 2014 at 4:10 pm

Love Beauty and the Beast! I would be very disappointed if it was cancelled. The CW has already cancelled other shows I like. If they cut this one, I will have to stop watching the channel all together.

Abby August 7, 2014 at 12:12 am

Waiting for the season 2!!!!!

Tammy August 18, 2014 at 8:49 am

I love this show and I also believe the ratings may not be as accurate as stated. I think the ratings are higher than that. people go to others home and watch shows together. I know because I know a lot of people who have done it. Also some don’t watch tv shows on a weekly basis. I am a prime example of that. I don’t have cable and therefore anything I watch has to either be on the internet or Netflix. I did not start watching the show at first because I was not aware the show was on tv. I first started watching it on Netflix. I hope they don’t cancel it and I hope they consider more episodes for season 3. I don’t watch many shows but I have really enjoyed this one so far.

Dasha Love B&B August 3, 2014 at 11:03 pm

I just finished the show on Netflixs and Im waiting for season 2 to come on Netflix…. This show Is beautiful and off the edge… If they cancelled the show there will be so many disappointed people aka fans and I will be one of them.

Shal July 29, 2014 at 11:45 pm

I am so happy that Beauty and the Beast will run another season. The CW comes up with some awesome shows but as soon as they get you hooked tgey yank the series. I hope they really magnify the love stories that are developing between Cat and Vincent as well as Tess and JT. I want to see how the new agency will use Vincent. Will they force him to be their assassin..Will they allow him and Cat to have a normal life…How is Cat sister going to continue to cope…Will she have a set back…All this is enough to work with and extend tge show three, four, five seasons if done correctly…Also advertise more to get the ratings up….just do what it takes to keep this show on the air.

v keane July 30, 2014 at 1:17 pm

i am glad it’s back it’s a good show

Jan July 28, 2014 at 10:12 am

I don’t normally do this. Posting my name and email, but voting a yes for season three of Beauty and the Beast is a must. I freakin love this series. I am a complete fan of the original too. They do things in the modern that I wish they did in the original like kissing. Whenever I saw the kiss in the original I jumped and screamed with excitement. Imagine my joy when they are together a lot. I love Cat’s but kicking performance. I love Vincent. He’s so protecting. I love it when he always comes for Catherine that never got old for me in the original.

Tracey July 28, 2014 at 6:07 am

I love beauty and the beast series they have me hooked please bring a season 3 would love to see where and what will happen next

starla July 23, 2014 at 11:37 am

Just started watching beauty and the beast on Netflix and from what I watch so far I am totally hooked so glad they renew it for another season cant wait!

Belinda July 25, 2014 at 12:28 pm

That’s howI got hooked on Beauty And The Beast–Netflix. I came late to the party watching this wonderful show and I hope we will get a 4th and 5th season. I am a BEASTIE through and through now.

Anonymous July 26, 2014 at 11:59 am

I hear you loud and clear. I am a BEASTIE also and the show is great

Melinda Pollard July 15, 2014 at 2:39 am

Awesome! Yay! Super excited for season 3!

Anonymous July 11, 2014 at 8:41 am

I am so glad they are doing a season 3 and I wish it were more episodes. I also hope to see a season 4. I think the show is really good and it is the only show I am watching because I generally don’t watch shows. This one I would love to see both a season 3 and 4.

Mel July 10, 2014 at 6:38 pm

I’m glad there having a third season even if it’s only going to be thirteen espodies hopefully they ‘ll. think about more espodies . When will the third season begin in the new year

slc July 10, 2014 at 1:23 am

I am super happy they continued this show…I love watching Beauty and the Beast because it is so good!!!

samantha July 9, 2014 at 10:22 pm

i have a lot to say but please…do a season three! i really wanna see some ass kicking and romance!

samantha July 9, 2014 at 10:19 pm

i think its great to have season 3! I LOVE CAT AND VINCENT TOGETHER!!! im just afraid of cat’s dad or sam or any other beasts! ITS CRAZY! im so excitedd! when is it coming out? BRING IT BACK ITS PERFECT!

beautyandthebeast forever July 9, 2014 at 3:44 pm

I have been a fan big big fan of this series . I play the dvds all the time. I do like this newest version and I am a loyal viewer each monday.