Beauty and the Beast: Season Two Ratings

Beauty and the Beast ratingsDespite having The Vampire Diaries as a lead-in, the ratings for The CW‘s Beauty and the Beast declined quite a bit last season. How will the show do this year? Will it be cancelled or renewed for a third season? Stay tuned to find out.

On Beauty and the Beast, a beautiful detective (Kristin Kreuk), navigates her evolving relationship with a handsome doctor (Jay Ryan) who becomes a terrifying beast. Others in the cast are Austin Basis, Brian White, Max Brown, and Nina Lisandrello.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s likelihood of staying on the air. The higher the ratings (particularly the 18-49 demo), the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available — typically the following morning, around 11:30am EST/8:30am PST. Refresh to see the latest.

5/8 update: Beauty and the Beast has been renewed for a third season.

Final season averages: 0.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 800,000 viewers.

Last year comparison: The first season of Beauty and the Beast averaged a 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.61 million total viewers.

Note: These are the final national numbers (unless noted with an “*”). These are different from the fast affiliate numbers which are just estimates of the actual ratings. The final nationals are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you still like the Beauty and the Beast TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a third season?

Madge October 14, 2013 at 12:32 am

RENEW FOR 3rd SEASON! I love the new Beast and how conflicted Vincent is about Cat and vice versa. This is definitely a show that deserves to stay!

Celina October 13, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Yes please don’t cancel this show. It’s one of the best shows and ratings don’t mean anything. You have all of us fans watching it and that’s all you need. Keep it on for a third season. You can’t cancel this show and please don’t disappoint your fans.

DLady October 13, 2013 at 1:51 am

I hope to keep the show on by letting others know. It’s a great show! It’s awesome to see how the characters develop in each episode.

I didn’t know about “Beauty and The Beast.” I stumble upon the show on Netflix. I’ve enjoyed every episode.

Please don’t cancel!

Debbie October 11, 2013 at 6:45 pm

Don’t even think about NOT renewing this for a 3rd Season! The numbers don’t take in the delay for a Saturday showing, so let’s not put these figures in stone! This first episode took a little getting used to, not warm and fuzzy, there is definitely more grit and scary moments, but variety is the spice of life and Vin/Cat still have that spice going, even if Vincent doesn’t remember her!

Clary October 10, 2013 at 10:58 pm

Please let there be a season 3 for beauty and the beast! Me loves the show :(

Alex October 10, 2013 at 10:52 pm

Me loves Beauty and the beast so much! Its my fav show on tv

Amy October 10, 2013 at 10:47 pm

PLEASE EVERYBODY PLEASE WATCH BEAUTY AND THE BEAST MONDAY AT 9 ON THE CW! WE NEED HIGH RATINGS FOR A SEASON 3!!!! :)

yvonne October 10, 2013 at 8:33 pm

I love this show! It needs more publicity because it is a really great show. I will be very disappointed if it gets cancelled!

Ashley October 10, 2013 at 10:53 am

Beauty and the Beast Is my FAV, Please CW let there be a season 3! :(

Jen October 10, 2013 at 10:48 am

PLEASE LET THERE BE A SEASON 3 FOR BEAUTY AND THE BEAST!!!!

Samantha October 9, 2013 at 1:02 am

I’m glad my DVR was set so I didn’t miss it! Wasn’t advertised very well that the day had changed…love this show! Hope it lasts forever!

katy October 9, 2013 at 12:59 am

I absolutely love beauty and the beast! If it ends up cancelled I will have lost all interest in television and will be getting rid of it forever! This is one show where you can’t predict what’s gonna happen from one moment to the next like most shows our there today. I’m already questioning humanity but if this show goes then so does my faith in humanity. Please don’t take away the one positive in my life at this time.

susanP. October 8, 2013 at 10:11 pm

PLEEEEAASSSSEE do not cancel i’m trying to get all my friends and family to watch I love, love this show………..please please do not cancel BEAUTY AND THE BEAST

Phoebe October 8, 2013 at 9:43 pm

The series grew on me in season one. A little awkward at first, but they can’t all be Breaking Bad now, can they? The first episode of season two shows great promise. Different mood, different Vincent. Intriguing. I’ll keep watching.

MERCEDES October 8, 2013 at 11:58 am

Personalmente pienso que “Beauty and the Beast” es una serie muy interesante, que tiene un poco de todo: emoción, acción, sorpresa, risa, sonrisa, amor, tensión, tragedia… y sobre todo “ingenio”, mucho “ingenio”. Por eso creo que a medida que avance cada vez serán más los espectadores enganchados a BATB. Yo recomiendo esta serie. Un saludo.