Beauty and the Beast: Season Two Ratings

Beauty and the Beast ratingsDespite having The Vampire Diaries as a lead-in, the ratings for The CW‘s Beauty and the Beast declined quite a bit last season. How will the show do this year? Will it be cancelled or renewed for a third season? Stay tuned to find out.

On Beauty and the Beast, a beautiful detective (Kristin Kreuk), navigates her evolving relationship with a handsome doctor (Jay Ryan) who becomes a terrifying beast. Others in the cast are Austin Basis, Brian White, Max Brown, and Nina Lisandrello.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s likelihood of staying on the air. The higher the ratings (particularly the 18-49 demo), the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available — typically the following morning, around 11:30am EST/8:30am PST. Refresh to see the latest.

5/8 update: Beauty and the Beast has been renewed for a third season.

Final season averages: 0.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 800,000 viewers.

Last year comparison: The first season of Beauty and the Beast averaged a 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.61 million total viewers.

Note: These are the final national numbers (unless noted with an “*”). These are different from the fast affiliate numbers which are just estimates of the actual ratings. The final nationals are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you still like the Beauty and the Beast TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a third season?

Steve Dillion March 7, 2014 at 9:42 pm

Please keep Beauty and the Beast on the air. I love the show. It’s the best on the CW!

Steve

Kimberly March 7, 2014 at 7:46 pm

Please renew! I watched Season 1 in 2 days on Netflix. About to purchase season 2 on Amazon. I think Vincent is super hot and Cat….that girl can fight!!!!!!

sallie wilkins March 7, 2014 at 3:59 pm

Love this show. The characters have great chemistry and the story is great. Don’t cancel or I will have beast withdrawal. Smile—–

belinda March 7, 2014 at 7:22 am

Beauty and the Beast is the best show on tv. It has everything that you want in a show. If cancelled, I will not watch the CW or CBS 3 channels anymore. PLEASE GIVE US A SEASON 3…….

DP March 6, 2014 at 8:09 pm

I want a season 3 for Beauty and the beast! However, in the US at least it seems like the CW is trying to sabotage the show by having it on Monday nights. Since, this is the show that brought me back as a CW viewer I will leave if it is cancelled. GO TO E-ONLINE US SAVE ONE SHOW ! THERE ARE TWO ROUNDS LEFT! PLEASE KEEP VOTING! Lets face it some of the story plots have frustrated fans this season! Granted it might need a little help but The CW seems to have already given up on BATB as far as minimal advertising. Try going to CW and e-mailing them directly! There is a place for it at the bottom of the page! From what I understand BATB does very well overseas. If the CW is going to sell the shows to other countries I think those fans should matter as well! I am getting the impression the CW only care about the fans when it suits them! After Star-Crossed and some of the other new shows this season the CW should not be turning up there noses at any show with a loyal fan base!

Andi Balukin March 6, 2014 at 7:14 am

Please do not cancel BATB It has been my favorite show since the series began. I watch and re-watch every episode.

JJ March 5, 2014 at 11:49 pm

I watched the first season on netflix and the second season through amazon. I love the cast and characters.They compliment each other so well. PLEASE, PLEASE, let there be a season 3. It just can’t be over yet!

Nikki March 5, 2014 at 10:32 pm

Please renew another season…I have finally caught up on every episode and I adore the whole cast!!!!

Lynda March 5, 2014 at 9:13 pm

I love this show. I hope it stays on for a long time. It’s one of the best on TV.

JOANNE L March 5, 2014 at 3:34 am

CW….PLEEEEEEEASE DON’T CANCEL. B&tB has one of the hottest guys on prime time TV!!! LUVVVV JAY RYAN!!!

boodles1 March 5, 2014 at 12:09 am

Please renew Beauty and the Beast another season. We love it.

Rachel March 4, 2014 at 11:21 pm

Want to save Beauty and the Beast?
Want the show to come back for a 3rd Season?

MAKE IT HAPPEN! Start a crowdfunding campaign. Put up a simple website to raise money for your show-saving efforts. Use the money you raise to set up a larger show-saving operation with greater reach and potential for fundraising. Raise money to fund the show. Raise awareness of the show. Build the fan base and potential viewership. Get fans to commit to watching Season 3 every week. Demonstrate that the fan base is greater than the ratings show — or could be greater in Season 3 because of what you are doing. Get the actors and other players involved.

Make it happen! Do more than wish your favorite show wasn’t about to fall off the face of the planet!

RS March 4, 2014 at 9:20 pm

I feel like Rhett Butler at the Twin Oaks party (paraphrased for lack of memory and the actual book at my finger tips).
Delusional Southern Gentlemen (DSG): Southern gentlemen are better than Yankees. We will win this war in a week.
R: Fact. There are no cannon factories in the South.
DSG: What does that matter, sir, to a gentleman?
R: It’s going to matter a lot to a lot of gentlemen.
And it did.

Delusional B&B fans (DBB): OOOOOO. I love this show soooooo much must renew this show it is the best show eeeeeverrrrr.
RS: Fact. The show’s rating is consistently 0.3 in the target demo (the best indication of renewal) even after the break. That rating is the lowest on the net, since Nikki was ended. It is being pulled for a summer burn off and will not return (for more ratings) until after the decision will be announced. Mr. P. visited the show’s set in Dec. probably (pure supposition) to tell them to end it. There will be no need for a six episode final season because, after the break, there will be six episodes to end it.
DBB: What does that matter, madam, to a true fan.
RS: It’s going to matter a lot to a lot of true fans.
And we’ll see in May if it does.

shelly March 4, 2014 at 7:42 pm

I am obsesed and I have only watched season 1, I just love it! Please don’t cancel. That happened to the last show I watched and it really disappointed me!

Jackie March 4, 2014 at 5:45 pm

Come on season 3!! I never get to watch the night of but I watch on Hulu later! Please don’t cancel!!