Beauty and the Beast: Season Two Ratings

Beauty and the Beast ratingsDespite having The Vampire Diaries as a lead-in, the ratings for The CW‘s Beauty and the Beast declined quite a bit last season. How will the show do this year? Will it be cancelled or renewed for a third season? Stay tuned to find out.

On Beauty and the Beast, a beautiful detective (Kristin Kreuk), navigates her evolving relationship with a handsome doctor (Jay Ryan) who becomes a terrifying beast. Others in the cast are Austin Basis, Brian White, Max Brown, and Nina Lisandrello.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s likelihood of staying on the air. The higher the ratings (particularly the 18-49 demo), the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available — typically the following morning, around 11:30am EST/8:30am PST. Refresh to see the latest.

5/8 update: Beauty and the Beast has been renewed for a third season.

Final season averages: 0.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 800,000 viewers.

Last year comparison: The first season of Beauty and the Beast averaged a 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.61 million total viewers.

Note: These are the final national numbers (unless noted with an “*”). These are different from the fast affiliate numbers which are just estimates of the actual ratings. The final nationals are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you still like the Beauty and the Beast TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a third season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

479 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. nicholi says

Beauty and the beast started out good for the first season but up till 16th episode in season 2 I have been nothing but disappointed, I mean the writers need more story lines I’m tired of the predictibleness and I’m not saying the romance is bad but geese I feel like I’m watching days of our lives or something, and the characters where are they going, what’s the theme of this season, where’s the Omg moments, I really would love to see this show survive but based on these unimpressive story lines I’m gonna have to say adios amigos, I do see the vision you writers wanted for the show though, but I think the cw’s gonna call cut

2. Emily says

I have just recently started watching the second season of Beauty and The Beast and I can’t seem to stop. Please do not cancel it. Beauty and The Beast along with Vampire Diaries are the few TV Shows that are actually worthy of watching. Beauty and The Beast constructs of an amazing plot that rapidly continues to get better. Season two has been amazing, clearly as to my point above; my eyes can’t seem to get enough of the twists of this show, or while I impatiently wait for Cat and Vincent to work things out 😉
    I have faith that this TV show will only continue to get better, that is, if the CW doesn’t make the callous decision to cancel this TV series. I will be very disappointed with the CW if they cancel this show. I have dealt with enough cancelations by the CW. If The CW cancels Beauty and The Beast, Vampire Diaries will be the last show I will ever continue with this TV channel.

I would give Beauty and The Beast 5/5!

3. therese says

I really hope they brings back beauty and the beast for season 3. its different then the first beauty and the beast. there is so many different storylines with this one.

4. Audrey Desrochers says

Please don’t cancel beauty and the beast… this is my favorite tv show and I don’t want it to end!!

5. Tasha says

Please don’t cancel Beauty and the Beast! I honestly watch about 5 CW shows, but this is turning into my favorite. I admit when VinCat broke up the show did kind of drag a little, but after a few episodes it really picked up and I am in love with this show all over again! I can definitely say that it is way better this season than last season. I HAVE to know what happens now since Vincent is in jail. LOVE LOVE LOVE this show. PLEASE DONT CANCEL THIS SHOW ITS THE BEST!!!!!!

6. Tracy says

I like the series and will be disappointed if canceled but as hard as it may be, I will move on. However for the almost 1 million faithful if you decide not to bring it back, at the very least can you have a one hour closing or something? Personally I think the decline comes from it feeling like one really really really long long long drawn out movie. A good one though. Maybe some different cases for the two partners that for a change is a real police detective case would be a nice change up once in awhile. Can still have the character Vincent come in and save the day. Maybe JT can use his brains to come to the rescue of both Cat and Tess. At anyrate it would break up things up a little. Anyway am sure your writers are on it. Either way thanks for the past two seasons. They were fun to watch!

7. says

beauty and the beast is my favorite show on the CW, the other day when it seems like it was gonna get cancel i was like a fish out of water, i literally died. i even stop commenting on facebook. i was so depress, so please bring it back for a third season. i am in Jamaica and i dont get to be in the vote for ratings for your favorite show, so you must know how i feel. i love kristin and jay so much i want to see them all the time. love you vincat.

8. Char says

Please please please do not cancel this show. It is truly an amazing show. It has a bit if everything. Action, suspense, drama and romance. It’s the perfect mix to make the perfect show. Please renew.

9. says

PLEASE, PLEASE DON’T CANCEL BATB!!!!!!!!! IT IS MY FAVORITE SHOW AND I LOVE THE ACTORS. I THINK THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS ON TV RIGHT NOW!!

10. Batb-fan says

I’m normally more into series with less focus on the love and romance-stuff, but Beauty and the Beast is different in a very good way. Finally a series where the characters are actually MATURE enough to talk about interpersonal problems (e. g. Cat can simply ask Gabe in S02E11 if “the window is already closed for her” when he stops her from kissing him, instead of saying nothing, feeling sorry for herself and then complain later about it to Tess, wondering what the reason for Gabe’s behavior might be). In other series, the writers would put us through a lot of the characters pointless guessing and the annoying misunderstandings that normally are the result of the avoided conversation, just to cause some “tension”. I’m very happy that the writers of the beauty and the beast series are not that unimaginative and lazy.

11. Deb says

please don’t cancel beauty and the beast…. its better than the first one from the 80’s… i read an article stating the series had been approved for seasons 2 & 3… looking forward to it…. hoping for season 4 too…. thanks

12. Melody McMaster says

Please do not cancel BATB! It is the only show on television that I look forward to watching.

13. Andi Balukin says

Please do not cancel BATB! It is my favorite show and if it is canceled, I will not watch anything on the CW.