Beauty and the Beast: Season Two Ratings

Beauty and the Beast ratingsDespite having The Vampire Diaries as a lead-in, the ratings for The CW‘s Beauty and the Beast declined quite a bit last season. How will the show do this year? Will it be cancelled or renewed for a third season? Stay tuned to find out.

On Beauty and the Beast, a beautiful detective (Kristin Kreuk), navigates her evolving relationship with a handsome doctor (Jay Ryan) who becomes a terrifying beast. Others in the cast are Austin Basis, Brian White, Max Brown, and Nina Lisandrello.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s likelihood of staying on the air. The higher the ratings (particularly the 18-49 demo), the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available — typically the following morning, around 11:30am EST/8:30am PST. Refresh to see the latest.

5/8 update: Beauty and the Beast has been renewed for a third season.

Final season averages: 0.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 800,000 viewers.

Last year comparison: The first season of Beauty and the Beast averaged a 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.61 million total viewers.

Note: These are the final national numbers (unless noted with an “*”). These are different from the fast affiliate numbers which are just estimates of the actual ratings. The final nationals are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you still like the Beauty and the Beast TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a third season?

Ysa March 19, 2014 at 12:10 am

Please please give it a chance and RENEW!!!!

BeastieFan March 18, 2014 at 10:43 pm

I love this show and will be so disappointed if it gets cancelled. It didn’t start off as a A+ show but has gotten better and better with each episode, and the last episode (esp 16) has it all….comedy, romance, action and of course great chemistry between the two lead roles. What more could you ask for!

Linda March 18, 2014 at 5:41 pm

Please don’t cancel. It’s probablymy favorite show. I know alot of people would be disappointed.

lisa March 18, 2014 at 4:15 pm

no no no this is not true, beauty and the beast is the best show out in 2014 … these numbers are accurate …. #savetheshow #ilovebatb #season3 and much more =)

Gabbie March 18, 2014 at 3:57 pm

This show has to be renewed or i don’t know what ill do with my life #lovebatb #catcent

T**a March 18, 2014 at 2:40 pm

I’m from Austria and the serie has to be renewed!!!
I just love it :)
and Gabe should get a chance with Cat

Anonymous March 17, 2014 at 11:50 pm

I have just came across this show recently this season and I really enjoy it. I do not normally get into TV shows with my work and school schedule so I found it on Netflix and thought it was awesome. Then I found out that it plays on the CW and I have been recording the shows to watch ever since. I was actually looking forward to the episode tonight when I was sadden to find out that I have to wait until May and that the show may not get renewed. That will be terrible.

marlyna March 17, 2014 at 9:03 pm

I really love this shoe and truly don’t want it canceled. Every show I fall in love with gets canceled. Please let me keep this one.

Dee March 17, 2014 at 7:00 pm

Beauty and the Beast should come back for another season !!!!! It’s a great show!!! Romantic!!! It should come back with a BANG!!!!!

ARIELLA March 17, 2014 at 4:18 pm

I LOVE this show…I am going to be sooooo heartbroken if this show is cancelled. Carrie Diaries is gone…! So they cannot take this away from me too! I Dont miss a week of this show….I tune in on my Hulu plus account every week so I can catch up….and With Kat and vincent not knowing where they stand anymore….I have to keep watching.! If this show cancels I am going to slowly lose faith in the CW network!

Tajaii March 17, 2014 at 3:36 pm

Beauty and the beast is a great show I don’t get why the ratings are so low honestly its better than some of these shows that have been renewed so I’m confused

Diane March 16, 2014 at 3:13 am

I enjoyed Beauty and the Beast with Linda Hamilton and Ron Perlman and I love this one even more. Please give it a chance. There are fans following the show – I don’t understand how in this day of TIVO & DVR recording they can determine how a show is watched. I record everything and watch it at my leisure, and I know lots of my friends do the same thing. This show fits in with the other CW shows – I watch quite a few of their programs. Beauty and The Beast is one of my favorites. It’s won Peoples Choice Awards for 2 years I believe. The people must like it – if there is trouble CW should get on the writers not cancel the show.

Anonymous March 17, 2014 at 6:26 pm

Amen! I always record…watching this show is my “reward” for getting all my homework done!

charles Bissmeyer March 13, 2014 at 11:55 pm

I don’t believe the rating system is accurate. And from what I’m reading online, neither do most of the population.

gina bissmeyer March 13, 2014 at 11:54 pm

Mary March 13, 2014 at 7:18 pm

This show has made it so I want to become a detective. I want it to come back. I want to know what exactly was behind Vincent getting charged with murder. I want to know if they are going to be able to figure out what other experiments are going on out there. I do think it would be good to get off the beast kick for awhile and let her get back to her job. I also wish something would of happened with Gabe a little more because Cat always sat around for Vincent but he never had to do that for her. This is one of my favorite shows and it does give a nice balance to the CW shows that are on. Please don’t kick the show off. I keep trying to get new people to watch it. Everyone I knew didn’t want to watch the Vampire Diaries until I told them they really should and now they are addicted to it. Give this show more of a shot and stop having so many episodes where its the same thing. give it some more drama like you do with your other shows.