Beauty and the Beast: Season Two Ratings

Beauty and the Beast ratingsDespite having The Vampire Diaries as a lead-in, the ratings for The CW‘s Beauty and the Beast declined quite a bit last season. How will the show do this year? Will it be cancelled or renewed for a third season? Stay tuned to find out.

On Beauty and the Beast, a beautiful detective (Kristin Kreuk), navigates her evolving relationship with a handsome doctor (Jay Ryan) who becomes a terrifying beast. Others in the cast are Austin Basis, Brian White, Max Brown, and Nina Lisandrello.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s likelihood of staying on the air. The higher the ratings (particularly the 18-49 demo), the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available — typically the following morning, around 11:30am EST/8:30am PST. Refresh to see the latest.

5/8 update: Beauty and the Beast has been renewed for a third season.

Final season averages: 0.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 800,000 viewers.

Last year comparison: The first season of Beauty and the Beast averaged a 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.61 million total viewers.

Note: These are the final national numbers (unless noted with an “*”). These are different from the fast affiliate numbers which are just estimates of the actual ratings. The final nationals are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you still like the Beauty and the Beast TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a third season?

Kathy in FL August 5, 2014 at 8:45 am

Hard to believe anyone would not like B&TB. Even harder to think people want others to lose their favorite shows. Don’t watch if it’s that bad or not the subject matter you enjoy, but don’t act like your opinion is better than the fan’s. Great show, great fans . When it does get cancelled it won’t be Jay and Kristin’s fault. Keep up the good work. We really do love it.

kira August 4, 2014 at 11:22 pm

all #BATB fans please join vincat on facebook just type in vincat on there only for #BATB fans that is is

melissa August 4, 2014 at 5:19 pm

I don’t have a tv in my home but I do watch the show on my computer. I love the show and think it would be a shame to cancel it.

kira August 4, 2014 at 9:04 pm

there is a site that you can stream and it helps with the ratings that we need to keep the show on tv #BATB fans been fighting to keep show on tv please help the site is called freetvall.com and i have group on facebook called vincat please join the group the site is on the group and you can talk to others on the group about Vincent and Catherine…

cursie July 30, 2014 at 3:44 pm

I´m from Slovakia and I love this show! We have only season one in tv here, but I watched the whole season two online. This show absolutely deserves a third season. Unfortunately the writers forgot the essence of the show in season two a little bit. They have the BEST onscreen chemistry and they are not using it at all! I know that TVD fans with Damon and Elena chemistry won´t agree with me. But be honest, where else did you seen the characters kissing each other so realisticly as Vincent and Cat in season one?! Bring back the writers of season one and you will have much more viewers than 1.6 mil.

kira August 4, 2014 at 11:19 pm

i have group on facebook called vincat please join the group

erin July 28, 2014 at 12:39 pm

BATB is only getting 13 episodes and finale season according to mark not enough people are watching it

kira July 28, 2014 at 12:45 pm

mark never said that about BATB ok because i am fellowing him on twitter too…..

erin July 28, 2014 at 1:31 pm

Kira
Ok Well Mark only said 13 episodes

kira July 28, 2014 at 7:40 pm

it is like that with every show there always 13 then more and it will be more because all the #BATB fans are fighting for more and there are groups on facebook and twitter this show should be on tv it is the best show on thecw others show boreding and stupied on there. and the ratings will go up …..

des July 21, 2014 at 1:42 am

It is worth renewing. Keep the show until at least 7 season

erin July 21, 2014 at 10:55 am

BATB Raitings are really bad and the third season will be the last season according to the VP Mark Pedowitz only 13 episodes and that it and no more so I am begging you to stop watch BATB its a horrible show and I hate it

Vicki July 24, 2014 at 12:26 am

You know bulling is the last desperate act of the weak. I’m sorry they took your show off the air, but just get over it. Beauty and the Beast is the best show on the CW.

Anonymous July 24, 2014 at 11:49 am

BATB Is a horrible show I don’t like it so I go for the abc family shows The Fosters Twisted PLL SWICHED AT BIRTH CHASING LIFE EVEN THOU I DON’T HAVE THE TIME TO WATCH IT BECAUSE SUPERNATURAL IS ON AT THE SAME TIME

AS MARK PEDOWITZ SAID THERE IS ONLY 13 EPISODES ON BATB AND THAT IS THE FINAL SEASON AND I AM SURE THAT NO ONE WILL WATCH IT AND SAME GOES WITH HOD HOD SHOULD’VE BEEN RENEWED WITH A FULL SEASON 4 THEN 10 EPISODES AND FROM THEIR NO ONE WILL WATCH IT ITS JUST LIKE NITKIA

Me July 28, 2014 at 7:05 am

What is your problem, actually? How many episodes have you watched from this ‘horrible’ show to start hating it? Such deep feelings for a show???? Do you know that this show is one of the most sold shows internationally. And to disappoint you even more, the show has much more fans that you can imagine.

Rebecca Ross July 19, 2014 at 11:12 am

Interesting comments, some of which are made by people who really haven’t been watching it. It IS a love story between Cat & Vincent who both kick ass to save each other. Their two sidekicks, Tess & JT have very much been a part of the story. Glad it was renewed for a 3rd season. I love it! Based on spoilers, Cat & Vincent will grow as a couple, along with their friends and other characters. Keep watching!

Tiaha July 19, 2014 at 12:29 am

Definitely worth renewing! :)

Techie July 15, 2014 at 9:20 pm

Like all shows, BATB have great/good/blah/bad episodes. But overall the show is good. I think they became aware that the show needed new life … the storylines were going too long and they gave us just what we needed with the final episodes for this season. It will be interesting to see how they bring us Season 3 … with the closing plots from Season 2 as a spring board. … glad that it was renewed.

Vanessa July 14, 2014 at 5:42 pm

Totally inlove with this tv show… Hope you guys would still continue the next season three.

Juanita July 9, 2014 at 3:59 pm

Love the show, hope they will renew for ten years. Beautiful love story, Vincent and Kat.
Please keep the show . Want to see more, people need to watch the show to see the love story. If people know what love is!

erin July 9, 2014 at 11:23 am

Decline it its horrible show it doesn’t deserved to be renewed at all I canot believe that all of you guys are seriously watching this

Kathy July 9, 2014 at 1:55 pm

And you care for what reason???

Anonymous July 9, 2014 at 2:23 pm

BATB doesn’t attract viewers and not interesting at all abc family has good shows on Mondays in the summer lineup I only saw the first season and it scares me too much

Mel August 25, 2014 at 1:01 am

There may not be many good shows on Monday nights but l sure enjoy watching BATB it’s my favorite show to watch and l did’nt find anything to be scared about also I’m glad they renewed for a third season . But to each there own

Keisha July 9, 2014 at 1:08 am

I absolutely love this show.. Please renew it. I love the plot … The relationship with Cath and Vincent .

Vicki July 8, 2014 at 12:15 am

I’ve loved this show, and have been a loyal fan, but I’m sad to say I’m a little disappointed with the direction it’s going.
The show is Beauty and the Beast and is supposed to be about how they save each other. Now macho Catherine really doesn’t need anyone to save her. The show is totally about Kristin Kreuk and Jay Ryan and the rest of the cast are really nothing more than footnotes.
I watched the show to see a love story not a one sided audition for Ms. Kreuk to be in the new Bond movie. We all know she can kick ass, is beautiful, smart and everything we want in our super heroes, but, I also wanted it be more about the beast. Jay Ryan is a terrific actor and should be given a chance to showcase his abilities.
I don’t want the show to be cancelled and I’ve wrote several times to the CW requesting that they save it and give it a 3rd season, however, if this trend continues I won’t be watching it.

Kathy July 8, 2014 at 1:19 pm

Wondering what episode you are on because the show has gotten better and better. You say it should be about vin/cat but you claim it’s only about them. Soo not true. 2nd season finale was great. Everyone was involved in a big way. Hope you’ll keep watching. And Cat does need to kick butt if she and Vincent plan to save each other….. Love this show.

Tasha July 7, 2014 at 10:54 pm

Please renew I love this show I want to see more