Beauty and the Beast: Season Two Ratings

Beauty and the Beast ratingsDespite having The Vampire Diaries as a lead-in, the ratings for The CW‘s Beauty and the Beast declined quite a bit last season. How will the show do this year? Will it be cancelled or renewed for a third season? Stay tuned to find out.

On Beauty and the Beast, a beautiful detective (Kristin Kreuk), navigates her evolving relationship with a handsome doctor (Jay Ryan) who becomes a terrifying beast. Others in the cast are Austin Basis, Brian White, Max Brown, and Nina Lisandrello.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s likelihood of staying on the air. The higher the ratings (particularly the 18-49 demo), the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available — typically the following morning, around 11:30am EST/8:30am PST. Refresh to see the latest.

4/18 update: This series returns June 2nd.

Last year comparison: The first season of Beauty and the Beast averaged a 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.61 million total viewers.

Note: These are the final national numbers (unless noted with an “*”). These are different from the fast affiliate numbers which are just estimates of the actual ratings. The final nationals are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you still like the Beauty and the Beast TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a third season?

Phoebe January 22, 2014 at 9:16 pm

“Ancestors” was an excellent episode, and upped the stakes for everyone. I’m really enjoying the direction this is going. For anyone who thinks Vincent is acting like an ass, I absolutely agree…which means the writers are doing their job. He has a long way to come back, and I hope BATB is around long enough for him to get there.

Anonymous January 22, 2014 at 3:13 pm

Love the show

Rhonda January 21, 2014 at 10:40 pm

I loved the episode on Jan. 2oth. I think BATB is better than it was before and it is exciting to see how Vincent and Cat are connected some way in the past to each other. It is a good show and I hope they will get a 3rd season.

Diana January 21, 2014 at 9:24 pm

Another awesome episode on #BATB #Ancestors. Each episode gets more and more exciting. #BATB should be renewed for a 3rd Season. One of the best series on the CW.

Maja January 21, 2014 at 3:11 pm

Really great season! Let´s continue fighting for BATB season 3! Netflix should add season 2 soon!

Lisa January 21, 2014 at 11:24 am

I miss so much season 1 VinCat Magic and Love.
But now,s2, everything good is gone and that’s terrible mistake!

Keeley January 20, 2014 at 11:33 pm

Hope to see BATB renewed. Love the show and hope to see if play out. It deserves the chance

Ally Kan January 20, 2014 at 10:40 pm

I love Beauty and the Beast. I love to see Vincent getting jealous for change..

Crystal January 20, 2014 at 4:15 am

I just don’t get how BATB won Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy Show at the People’s Choice this year with the low ratings. Don’t get me wrong I actually like the show but if you look at the other nominated shows, there were 2 others from the CW; Supernatural and Vampire Diaries. Like really, those 2 shows are WAY more popular than BATB, judging from the fan base and the ratings. So how on earth does BATB win an award with the lowest ratings from the CW… what a waste to win an award and only to be cancelled.

Phoebe January 22, 2014 at 9:09 am

The People’s Choice awards are meaningless, unfortunately. They allow multiple votes from individuals, so it’s really a measure of how rabid the fanbase is. Moonlight won favourite drama in its year, and was still cancelled.

Sam Harris January 20, 2014 at 4:01 am

The way the show is going it’s getting ridiculous. I actually am sick and tired of the plot that is why I am seriously disappointed. Even the original show wasn’t as dramatic or dumb. I am very disappointed. I loved the chemistry between the two in the first season and now it’s completely gone like and Vincent has turned in to a cold jerk and the new girl beast sucks!

Juju January 20, 2014 at 4:37 pm

Hate episode 10
Vincent was such an ass, that i am doubting if there is a way for a turning back
Starting to think that Cat deserve much better, and Gabe is a very good option

zharmaine January 16, 2014 at 4:07 pm

I cant get enough of #BaTB everytime I watch it. Its like a drug that makes me high! I want more and more! I can’t imagine how life would be without #BaTB. Season 3 Please. Its the best tv series I have ever watched. #CWBaTB

zharmained January 16, 2014 at 3:59 pm

Diana January 16, 2014 at 9:38 pm

Zharmained, I couldn’t agree with you more. Fabulous series and I’m addicted to #BATB too. Keeping my fingers crossed #BATB is picked up for a Season 3. I’d be lost without continuing to look forward to each new episode. Love the story line and want to see how VinCat find their way back to each other. Very intelligent drama which is well acted and well written. Love Kristin Kreuk and Jay Ryan and the chemistry they have. J.T. and Tess are great. Look forward to each episode.

zharmaine January 16, 2014 at 3:50 pm

#BaTB has to be renewed because they deserve it. Im totally addicted to the show and I cant get Im a VinCat fan. I cannot imagine how life would be without #BaTB.

margot January 15, 2014 at 10:40 am

BABT delete immediately! show ugly and boring with mediocre actors, Ryan JAY has charisma and charm. The rating is too low and the numbers are numbers dear fans!

Diana January 14, 2014 at 9:18 am

Last night’s episode on #BATB #DontDieOnMe was outstanding. It left me wanting more and more of this series. The drama was great and the acting was excellent. This show has everything and is so deserving of a 3rd Season. This show is one of the best series on The CW. So wrong if the show is canceled because another comedy or copy cat series is looking to replace it. Please don’t cancel #BATB – it’s just taking off and let’s see where it’s wings take it. Don’t disappoint the loyal fan base who look forward to each exciting episode on Mondays. Thanks.