Beauty and the Beast: Season Two Ratings

Beauty and the Beast ratingsDespite having The Vampire Diaries as a lead-in, the ratings for The CW‘s Beauty and the Beast declined quite a bit last season. How will the show do this year? Will it be cancelled or renewed for a third season? Stay tuned to find out.

On Beauty and the Beast, a beautiful detective (Kristin Kreuk), navigates her evolving relationship with a handsome doctor (Jay Ryan) who becomes a terrifying beast. Others in the cast are Austin Basis, Brian White, Max Brown, and Nina Lisandrello.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s likelihood of staying on the air. The higher the ratings (particularly the 18-49 demo), the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available — typically the following morning, around 11:30am EST/8:30am PST. Refresh to see the latest.

5/8 update: Beauty and the Beast has been renewed for a third season.

Final season averages: 0.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 800,000 viewers.

Last year comparison: The first season of Beauty and the Beast averaged a 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.61 million total viewers.

Note: These are the final national numbers (unless noted with an “*”). These are different from the fast affiliate numbers which are just estimates of the actual ratings. The final nationals are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you still like the Beauty and the Beast TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a third season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

478 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Rhonda says

I agree with everyone on here. I love Beauty and The Beast. The new season is great it leaves me guessing will Vincent and Cat get back together or what is going to happen.
    Hope the show gets another season.

2. Patricia M says

This show has a huge following world wide and gets great ratings in many countries. Season 2 is better quality and has really developed a great story line that can build a strong foundation for even bigger returns. So please don’t cancel the show.

3. Annie says

If BATB gets cancelled then that’s if for me with The CW, i’ve been addicted to this show since day one, the fans are amazing and really support the show. The CW should advertise it like it does the other shows on their network, Beauty and the Beast won 2 peoples choice awards this year beating all the other CW shows in their category. Just cause the ratings in the US are bad doesn’t mean people around the world are not watching cause they are. Its sad really that a show hangs in the balance cause of Neilson ratings, in this day and age of online viewing, ITunes, Hulu etc. So yes I will be bitterly disappointed if this show gets the axe.

4. Lovedine says

If I had magical powers I would make everyone’s Television tune into the CW every Monday night for BATB. Our ratings would surely go up. LOL! I’m going to have to boycott the CW if they keep cancelling my favorite shows. BATB is my favorite show right now- on any network.

• Emma says

I totally agree I love this show! I almost cried when they went on that short hiatus. And the CW always cancelling all my favorite shows its ridicules! I fall in love with one and then they cancel! They just need to give this one a chance! I VOTE 3RD SEASON!

5. linda says

please don’t cancel the cw’s beauty and the beast i love that show i REALLY want a third season!!!!!!!!! i would me so sad asnd disappointed if the show would be cancelled!!!!!!!
    i love seeing jay ryan on beauty and the beast!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Angie says

please do not cancel this show!!! It’s got so much potential… so many things that haven’t been explored yet. I just love it and so do all my friends….

7. Bonnie says

I watch this show every week. Give it a chance to build a following. It keeps getting better each year! Please give us a third season!

8. Keeley says

I will be very disappointed if this show is cancelled. Look forward to watching it every week. Great show and deserves the chance for season 3

9. Jasmine says

I love beauty and the beast! I look forward to it every week and this week is no different! I will be so disappointed if it is cancelled! It is such a great show!!