Beauty and the Beast, Hart of Dixie Renewed; The Originals Ordered

CW TV showsThe CW has handed down some more early renewals — ordering a second season of Beauty and the Beast and a third season of Hart of Dixie.

In addition, they’ve picked up their first new series for next season — The Originals. The details are below:

THE CW ANNOUNCES ADDITIONAL EARLY PICKUPS FOR THE 2013-2014 SEASON

The CW Orders First New Series of Next Season with “The Originals”

“Beauty And The Beast” and “Hart of Dixie” Picked Up For Next Season

April 26, 2013 (Burbank, California) – The CW Network has given early pickups to three additional dramas for next season, including the first new series order of the season with THE ORIGINALS, the highly anticipated spin-off of The Vampire Diaries, which was introduced during last night’s episode. The network also gave advance orders for the second season of BEAUTY AND THE BEAST andthe third season of HART OF DIXIE. The pickups were announced today by Mark Pedowitz, President, The CW.

“As soon as we saw last night’s episode of ‘The Vampire Diaries,’ we knew we wanted more of ‘The Originals’ – Julie Plec and Kevin Williamson have done a fantastic job with ‘The Vampire Diaries,’ which is as fast-paced and well-written as ever, and Julie has created an equally compelling world for ‘The Originals,'” said Pedowitz. “We’re also very excited to bring back ‘Beauty And The Beast’ and ‘Hart of Dixie’ for next season – both series continue to be creatively strong and compelling, and their fans are incredibly passionate. I’m very happy to have all three series on the schedule for next season.”

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, starring Kristin Kreuk and Jay Ryan,was this year’s People’s Choice Award winner for Favorite New Drama, and HART OF DIXIE, starring Rachel Bilson,is one of The CW’s top performers on digital platforms, behind only THE VAMPIRE DIARIES.

All three of these series see big lifts in Live+7 Day delayed viewing versus Live + Same Day, with THE VAMPIRE DIARIES jumping 52% increase among adults 18-34 and a 56% gain among women 18-34 once all time-shifted viewing is included. HART OF DIXIE averages a 53% increase among adults 18-34 and a 61% gain among women 18-34, and BEAUTY AND THE BEAST seeing a 43% jump in adults 18-34 and a 45% bump in women 18-34 from the overnight Live+SD to Live+7.

The CW has already given advance orders to ARROW, THE VAMPIRE DIARIES and SUPERNATURAL for next season.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that these two shows have been renewed? Will you check out The Originals?

Brandy February 21, 2014 at 7:01 pm

Glad HoD,BatB got renewed

SNL June 17, 2013 at 1:55 am

CW you are the bomb, renewing Beauty and the Beast, Hart of Dixie, Arrow, Nikita, The Vampire Diaries, already knew about Supernatural they have actually signed up for 2 more seasons and the new program The Originals. Can’t wait to watch them all. Thanks CW you are the best.

carol June 3, 2013 at 4:07 am

when “beauty and the beast season 2″ start

admin June 3, 2013 at 7:01 pm

Next fall.

vasileios vasileiadis May 1, 2013 at 6:44 pm

hey i am vasileios from athens.when i read it on the site (tv series finale) as all the funs of the series i jumped up for happynes.the cw network made me very happy and i feel that i try with all my heart to send the message to the cw that this show has a MAJOR SUCCESS.i new from the begginig seeing the screept that this remake created by ron koslow would have a MAJOR SUCCESS that the original series of 1987.and i think that this show it can go even more than a second season.cathrene can be a pregnend to vincent’s baby a boy or girl which will have much more powers than his father.and an idea of murfield to creat a clones of vincent to hunting him.and as i wrote in my previously messages this screept which ron koslow wrote is a GOLD.i think that the cw will give it for many seasons becides the second.it can goes like smollville and supernatural 10 or twenty seasons.kristin kreuk and jay ryan has become my breath my oxygen my happyly tears and the PARADISE.i want to give my blessys and my thanks to the cw for the dissision to give a second season to my favorite shoe.it has UNIC INGREDIENTS.MAJOR SUCCESS.i have an idea.is it able for the writers and producers to make vincent to be invisible beacause of the serum giving him another ability nad power besides of seeing red?that it would be great because he will be stronger to protect cathrene even better.I AM EXITED for the second season and i hope to see many others. I LOVE THE CW giving a second season for CATHRENE & VINCENT.thank you very much.now i am pleased.

Jean Senner April 30, 2013 at 11:41 pm

I am so happy the CW renewed Hart Of Dixie. The show is like a breath of fresh air as it is not dirty, dark, or full of over the top, drunk, misbehaved young adults. Love this show and everything about it. Good choice CW!!! Finally a show that us “forty something” females can enjoy every week because it is lighthearted and the story plots are fun.

Hope May 5, 2013 at 3:32 pm

THANK YOU, thank you CW for renewing Hart of Dixie. I have found a show that I can TIVO or watch when my kids are around and not worry about gore, profanity and inappropriate behavior. Actual plot lines are compelling even with a small cast. The actors are so talented that they drive you to root for sides that continually change as the story line changes. Hating to see George get hurt again and leaving the George/Zoe saga incomplete for yet another season is KILLING the fans. (Well, the fans in my house.) However, take a page out of the “Bones” series and let them get together, move the drama to other characters/townsfolk. There are things that are just meant to be :)

Debbie April 30, 2013 at 4:47 pm

I am jumping with joy that my favorite CW show, “Beauty and the Beast” has been renewed. My entire family watch this show and we DVR all the episodes. For once, a president of CW, namely, Mr. Mark Pedowitz knows that this show will gain more and more viewers and fans because all the episodes are captivating and intriguing. Of course, the credit goes to the 2 leads, Kristin and Jay who have a dynamic chemistry to attract viewers to follow their timeless love story. Thank you again, Mr. Pedowitz for giving this creative and wonderful show a chance to grow even better. We can’t wait to purchase the Season One “Beauty and the Beast” DVD set when it comes out.

Pepper Braggs April 27, 2013 at 11:24 pm

I love Hart of Dixie -Beauty & the Beast and the Arrow these are in my top favorite shows These shows put CW way ahead of the other networks. I hate reality shows.

Jeri Lynn April 27, 2013 at 3:39 pm

There are no words for how happy I am about Beauty and the Beast:) Thank You CW. This is only the 2nd time that I’ve liked a CW show and it got picked up for another season, so my hopes were not very high. The first was Nikita. All the other CW shows that I liked got the Axe, Ringer, The Secret Circle, Melrose Place, and Hellcats. So I’m pretty much used to liking a CW show then having it cancelled. I am so happy and surprised right now. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you:)

Now I just need Nikita to get another season and a better time slot. The ratings for Nikita are horrible, I imagine it probably makes the network execs nauseous looking at it. So in this situation I wouldn’t be all that upset if it didn’t get renewed. The thing that bothers me is, if ppl would just watch the show, they’d find that it is A REALLY GOOD SHOW. The writing is remarkable every single week. Some(most) series’ have what they call fillers. Which means a cpl episodes are boring. The writing is boring, the episode is boring, etc. Bc it is hard for the writers to fill 22-24episodes without getting to the end of the story they originally had planned for the series. So they have to “fill” episodes with crap, just to stretch the season. That’s why Mike Kelley wants Revenge to be 13ep seasons vs 22-24. Anyhow, my point is, Nikita is NOT like that. They have action packed episodes every week. It’s a shame to see the ratings when u know the work is good. So plz CW renew Nikita and move it to Wednesday or any week day for that matter. Except for Fridays. Friday is literally killing the show.

I read somewhere else Nikita probably would be picked up just bc it’s so close to syndication. I hope that’s true.

erin April 27, 2013 at 12:53 pm

Yes I am glad that Hart of Dixie and Beauty And Beast got renewed
I am upset with the cw network an the cancellation bear they are not considering on renewing GG and 90210
90210 should’ve got renewed for a full season 6