Being Human (US)

Syfy Being Human TV seriesNetwork: Syfy
Episodes: 52 (hour)
Seasons: Four

TV show dates: January 17, 2011 — April 7, 2014
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Sam Witwer, Meaghan Rath, Sam Huntington, Mark Pellegrino, Dichen Lachman, and Kristen Hager.

TV show description:
Based on the BBC show of the same name, this TV series follows a trio of twenty-something roommates who happen to be a ghost, a vampire, and a werewolf. They struggle to keep their dark secrets from the world while also helping each other navigate the complexities of living double lives.

Aidan Waite (Sam Witwer) has been a vampire since the Revolutionary War and now works as a nurse at Suffolk County Hospital in Boston. He likes having in a job where he can do some good and help people. He also finds comfort in helping lay people to rest, helping them find the peace in death that he will never know.

Funny and neurotic, Josh Levison (Sam Huntington) saw his bright future hijacked when he was turned into a werewolf. He had to abandon his family and the life he’d once known with no explanation. He established a lonely existence on the fringes of society, escaping to the woods each full moon for his excruciating transformation into a werewolf.

When he met Aidan, Josh started to relax and was able to begin rebuilding a somewhat normal life. With Aidan’s help, Josh secured a job as an orderly in the hospital. Though it’s nothing close to the future he had in medical school, Josh takes solace that at least he’s working in the medical profession.

Growing up, Sally Malik (Meaghan Rath) was often forced to be tough and, as a result, she became a young woman who wouldn’t take a lot of flack. She’s vivacious, smart, funny and driven. Sally envisioned herself working at the United Nations or, at the very least, going to graduate school. While in college, she fell in love with Danny and they became engaged right after graduation.

Sally and Danny (Gianpaolo Venuta) moved into the townhouse that was to later be occupied by Josh and Aidan. After Sally’s premature death, she begins haunting it as a ghost. Her early demise finds her floundering for answers.

James Bishop (Mark Pellegrino) is armed with power and knows how to use it. Bishop is above the law as lieutenant and leader of a vicious vampire legion in Boston. And though his devoted cronies cater to his every whim, Bishop won’t rest until he’s able to lure Aidan back into his fold of thirsty blood hunters.

Series Finale:
Episode #52 — There Goes the Neighborhood – Part III
Sally makes a major sacrifice to keep two of her roommates from killing each other.
First aired: April 7, 2014.

What do you think? Do you like the Being Human TV series on Syfy? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a fifth season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

81 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. John says

I’m probably twice as old as all your other posts, at 66 I find this entertaining,thought provoking and even sexy. I’ve been a scifi fan all my life although not science fiction, it satisfies my weird side and should be renewed. Beside the syfy channel has been a little week recently.

2. MaryAnne says

I LOVE this show,. its one of the Great ones.. dont cancel
    they always cancel the BEST shows and keep blah ones.
    oh man!

3. Rick Brawley says

Once again the powers that be cancel a good show that still has”legs” I really don’t understand their way of thinking. You keep all of those other reality shows on the air, is this one cost to much?? Anyway this show will be missed, wish another network would step in..

4. says

I think it should be renewed. SyFy is just coming up with stupid shows that have nothing to do with science fiction. Naked Vegas that belongs off on Playboy, craved on cooking channel. Face Off and Cosplay all need to be some where else. No wonder you can not keep a show viewer attention. BBCA has the best sci-fi show of all times it is Doctor Who and they do not have to come up with cheesy crap. Your parent company NBC should be taking note. Bring back shows like Logan’s Run, A New Stargate, bring over Terra Nova from Fox, and a New Battle Star Galactica. You all are getting away from what this network is supposed to be.

5. Drusilla1v says

This is a great show and should not be cancelled! Syfy has really gone down hill over the last few years. They have too many DUMB reality shows and keep getting rid of good sci fi dramas. I don’t care about people fighting survivor style to live in ‘ the luxurious future’ or Face Off. I miss Eureka, and a bunch of others that they just tossed aside. Monday nights are the only good nights and now they’re dumping one of my favs. Get bent syfy!

6. Rick Brawley says

I sure hope they keep it for season 4!! It is a very good show!! But I learned a hard lesson when NBC canceled Journey Man, thought that so was awesome!! Wish I had the program director’s job!!!! Keep the show

7. Catherine says

I am hoping that Being Human will air another new season in 2013. I watch
    this show on SPACE and I am Canadian . MERRY CHRISTMAS to Sam Witwer, Meaghan Rath, & Sam Huntington
    Love your show