Being Human (US)

Syfy Being Human TV seriesNetwork: Syfy
Episodes: 52 (hour)
Seasons: Four

TV show dates: January 17, 2011 — April 7, 2014
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Sam Witwer, Meaghan Rath, Sam Huntington, Mark Pellegrino, Dichen Lachman, and Kristen Hager.

TV show description:
Based on the BBC show of the same name, this TV series follows a trio of twenty-something roommates who happen to be a ghost, a vampire, and a werewolf. They struggle to keep their dark secrets from the world while also helping each other navigate the complexities of living double lives.

Aidan Waite (Sam Witwer) has been a vampire since the Revolutionary War and now works as a nurse at Suffolk County Hospital in Boston. He likes having in a job where he can do some good and help people. He also finds comfort in helping lay people to rest, helping them find the peace in death that he will never know.

Funny and neurotic, Josh Levison (Sam Huntington) saw his bright future hijacked when he was turned into a werewolf. He had to abandon his family and the life he’d once known with no explanation. He established a lonely existence on the fringes of society, escaping to the woods each full moon for his excruciating transformation into a werewolf.

When he met Aidan, Josh started to relax and was able to begin rebuilding a somewhat normal life. With Aidan’s help, Josh secured a job as an orderly in the hospital. Though it’s nothing close to the future he had in medical school, Josh takes solace that at least he’s working in the medical profession.

Growing up, Sally Malik (Meaghan Rath) was often forced to be tough and, as a result, she became a young woman who wouldn’t take a lot of flack. She’s vivacious, smart, funny and driven. Sally envisioned herself working at the United Nations or, at the very least, going to graduate school. While in college, she fell in love with Danny and they became engaged right after graduation.

Sally and Danny (Gianpaolo Venuta) moved into the townhouse that was to later be occupied by Josh and Aidan. After Sally’s premature death, she begins haunting it as a ghost. Her early demise finds her floundering for answers.

James Bishop (Mark Pellegrino) is armed with power and knows how to use it. Bishop is above the law as lieutenant and leader of a vicious vampire legion in Boston. And though his devoted cronies cater to his every whim, Bishop won’t rest until he’s able to lure Aidan back into his fold of thirsty blood hunters.

Series Finale:
Episode #52 — There Goes the Neighborhood – Part III
Sally makes a major sacrifice to keep two of her roommates from killing each other.
First aired: April 7, 2014.

What do you think? Do you like the Being Human TV series on Syfy? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a fifth season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

83 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Pnutgirl says

Bad Move! Why cancel a show that has such a strong audience? Being Human is a great show and one of the only reasons I watch the SyFy channel at all. After the last episode of Being Human….. bye bye Syfy!

2. Jeanny says

I really like Being Human. One of the best show in a while, and it is always exsiting and action packed. they shouldn’t cancel it. A seson five would be great and extending the story line for the wolf’s. I think the addition of this would of made for a great fith season.

3. Lisa says

Being cancelled to give way to reality tv ( my geek wedding, opposite worlds)….such a horrible trend going on nowadays. A great remake of a BBC show which was able to find its own voice and make something unique.

4. Ray says

I’m extremely disappointed that SYFY cancelled this show!!! It was great!!! Now I only have two shows to watch on this station, BITTEN & LOST GIRL!!!! How sad

5. Penny says

Cancelling this show is a big mistake. I am so tired of networks doing this to good programs. This in particular was a strong show, they need to cancel the a hole that decided to cancel this show and hire someone with good brain cells

6. Gerald says

I enjoy watching the chemistry between this group. One of the best shows that I’ve seen in awhile. Really hate to see it go.

7. Dan says

Being Human has ranked as one of my favorite shows from day one. I will be truly disappointed to see it go. If there is any way to save it, please do so.

8. suzy says

I really enjoyed being human. I loved the relationships that these people had together. Would be nice if it could return and take off some other ridiculous show.

9. Moviegirl says

Any one know they are cancelling this show? This is one of my 2 FAV shows on the SYFY network. I don’t like anything else they have.

NOT HAPPY!!!!!

10. Julie says

I’m terribly upset by the news of Being Human getting cancelled. I think it’s a huge mistake given that our culture is so fascinated with not just Vampires, or Werewolves, or Ghosts but all three. I will miss Josh, Aiden, Sally, and Nora!

11. says

Extremely disappointed in syfy’s decision to cancel Being Human. It is one of the few shows I look forward to watching each week. BAD DECISION SYFY.