Being Human (US)

Syfy Being Human TV seriesNetwork: Syfy
Episodes: 52 (hour)
Seasons: Four

TV show dates: January 17, 2011 — April 7, 2014
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Sam Witwer, Meaghan Rath, Sam Huntington, Mark Pellegrino, Dichen Lachman, and Kristen Hager.

current TV show

TV show description:
Based on the BBC show of the same name, this TV series follows a trio of twenty-something roommates who happen to be a ghost, a vampire, and a werewolf. They struggle to keep their dark secrets from the world while also helping each other navigate the complexities of living double lives.

Aidan Waite (Sam Witwer) has been a vampire since the Revolutionary War and now works as a nurse at Suffolk County Hospital in Boston. He likes having in a job where he can do some good and help people. He also finds comfort in helping lay people to rest, helping them find the peace in death that he will never know.

Funny and neurotic, Josh Levison (Sam Huntington) saw his bright future hijacked when he was turned into a werewolf. He had to abandon his family and the life he’d once known with no explanation. He established a lonely existence on the fringes of society, escaping to the woods each full moon for his excruciating transformation into a werewolf.

When he met Aidan, Josh started to relax and was able to begin rebuilding a somewhat normal life. With Aidan’s help, Josh secured a job as an orderly in the hospital. Though it’s nothing close to the future he had in medical school, Josh takes solace that at least he’s working in the medical profession.

Growing up, Sally Malik (Meaghan Rath) was often forced to be tough and, as a result, she became a young woman who wouldn’t take a lot of flack. She’s vivacious, smart, funny and driven. Sally envisioned herself working at the United Nations or, at the very least, going to graduate school. While in college, she fell in love with Danny and they became engaged right after graduation.

Sally and Danny (Gianpaolo Venuta) moved into the townhouse that was to later be occupied by Josh and Aidan. After Sally’s premature death, she begins haunting it as a ghost. Her early demise finds her floundering for answers.

James Bishop (Mark Pellegrino) is armed with power and knows how to use it. Bishop is above the law as lieutenant and leader of a vicious vampire legion in Boston. And though his devoted cronies cater to his every whim, Bishop won’t rest until he’s able to lure Aidan back into his fold of thirsty blood hunters.
space

Series Finale

Episode #52 — There Goes the Neighborhood – Part III
Sally makes a major sacrifice to keep two of her roommates from killing each other.
First aired: April 7, 2014.

space

What do you think? Do you like the Being Human TV series on Syfy? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a fifth season?

gemini May 6, 2014 at 3:38 am

Was completely shocked and upset after I watched the series finale without knowing it was the finale until it ended. I sat through the episode expecting certain characters to come back like in previous episodes, but started worrying the longer I watched. It took the last scene for me to believe and accept that I had just watched the last episode. My husband had me look up news about the show hoping it was not true. He was as bummed out as me, and the show will leave a void. I am grateful that the ptb were kind enough to give the show an ending for closure. There is nothing worse than a show ending with things unfinished, I’m looking at you, Kyle XY and Alcatraz.

Anonymous May 6, 2014 at 11:03 am

Hi the same thing happened to me. I didn’t realize it was the final episode either. Was so very disappointed. I look so forward to watching the characters and I really like them.

Jacques Slabbert May 3, 2014 at 4:09 pm

Even here in South Africa the show is HUGE …. they cancel brilliant shows but crap like the Cardashians, and that now oh so stupid reality shows goes on forever. WTF!!!!

angels May 3, 2014 at 11:34 am

I don’t know why you guys cancelled being human. I loved that show and the characters in it. isn’t there a way that you can keep it going. if not I am not watching scfy anymore. I don’t watch much tv, and that was the only thing that I kept on watching, because I loved it so much

beth April 11, 2014 at 4:21 pm

I think its ridiculous that this is being cancelled it had everything. these networks nred to look at what people watch on other times that is convenient and not what is being watched between 8 & 10 because most people record and warch these later between 11 & 1 which is when they need to be checking the vuewers than but u dont get it goood ones always get cancelled i hope bitten stays for a while if not i will not be watching syfy anymore

v April 9, 2014 at 7:43 pm

When u receive that dumb a** Nelson rating booklet , just do as I did “Tell em” No one watches live Telly anymore.
They need to get their heads out of their butts and wake up out of the stone age. I
Its a Series killing rating system. Live Telly is been gone more then 20 years. They are just trying to find more ways to throw on a bunch of series on air every 4 months and then they get axed around 10 episodes.
I assume this process is necessary to lure more advertisers because they cannot come up with live viewers. Its a necessary scam to keep the lie of the “Live Telly” a live. Then they just forget about the unhappy viewers.

Beth (A "Young Adult" at heart) April 11, 2014 at 8:57 am

I second that! Stupid me had just got out of the stone age and I had just discover this show on NetFlix. I watched the two seasons and was excited to finally be caught up to watch the third in :real time” when I discovered they were going to cancel this show. I felt like I got jipped! NetFlix is fantastic to introduce shows you wouldn’t have otherwise have given a chance when they are on their “real time”. It should count for something for ratings….GRRRR!

Melissa April 7, 2014 at 10:16 pm

I am through watching and liking a series. The ones I really love always get cancelled.

Melissa April 7, 2014 at 10:14 pm

Should have been renewed. I feel very disappointed . Had no idea it was cancelled. Was pretty much the only show I watched on this channel.

Guy April 6, 2014 at 10:58 pm

By FAR the best show on SyFy! It’s the only show I ever watch on that network.

SAVE Being Human April 6, 2014 at 5:06 am

One of the best shows on SyFy!!… Why create something so great and kill it before its time?

buka April 3, 2014 at 3:24 am

Should be renewed, I sometime catch up on episodes on, On Demand! I only watch two shows on the SYFY network, Being Human and Haven. I’m happy that they’re giving us an ending but STILL this is such a great show! So, if they end Haven I no longer have reasons to turn to the SYFY network…

Borrowr April 2, 2014 at 7:40 pm

Why did they cancel bring human. It was one of the better shows on syfy. I hope it’s not be sued of live tv viewing. No one does that any more. We use on demand and other methods but the show gets viewed. Take of some of those silly reality shows who wants to see a show about people painting each other. If being Hunan gets axed whats the life span of Lost Girl and Bitten.

verne April 2, 2014 at 4:11 pm

Someone aughta tell em to wake up cuz its not the 1980,s anymore.
I don’t wanna go back watching live Telly.
Rating system is mostly based on watching the TV live and picking one show over another. Network and rating system hiding their heads n the sand and leaving their viewers with a bad taste n their mouth.. Its a crazy system. It seems they can’t fathom all this new technology.
They’ll penalize the viewers for watching a program on the day that is convenient to the viewer is because they don’t know how 2 advertized without live TV. Before Dvr’s I had VCR’s and I’m here 2 tell you we haven’t watch live TV n 20
years.
There is soooo many ways they could advertize inside of our favorite program and stop all the killing the series and stop 10 episode per season. You’d think they could start thinking like their n 21st century and not the stone age.

Anonymous April 2, 2014 at 12:18 am

Should have been renewed

nikki e April 1, 2014 at 3:14 pm

u can make a complaint to this email please help save the show feedback@syfy.com

Anonymous April 2, 2014 at 8:19 am

Already e-mailed!!

nikki e April 1, 2014 at 3:13 pm

if u really still want the show on air got to syfy.com and click feedback at the bottom of the page cuz I really love this show

Melissa April 7, 2014 at 10:23 pm

Sent message to sy fy about being human