Being Mary Jane

Being Mary Jane TV show: canceled or renewed?Network: BET
Episodes: Ongoing (90 min. pilot + half-hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: July 2, 2013 — TBD
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Gabrielle Union, Omari Hardwick and Lisa Vidal.

TV show description:
This series revolves around successful talk show host Mary Jane Paul (Gabrielle Union). She’s an entirely self-sufficient powerhouse and a single modern woman. She’s devoted to her family but they don’t exactly share her sense of motivation.

Mary Jane finds it’s no easy feat to juggle her professional life and her family life while also searching for “Mr. Right.”

Series Finale:
Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

What do you think? Do you like the Being Mary Jane TV series so far? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

55 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. joey says

I love union in this series she is simply fantastic, margret avery is marvelous, the whole family is wonderful in this, Urban drama, I loved it, Union has embodied love, honesty
    and the fact that we all need to see a woman of color on primetime,, why are you always canceling a great show when everyone, is loving this drama series the whole cast is great,
    Please do not cancel this series. it would be a big mistake. Mara brock and her husband are wonderful writers. we need to see MJ, find her mate. if we all stick together and continue to speak on these subjects . they will keep this show on, we need this. MJ is powerful. sexy and filled with love passion and real life. GOd bless

2. InDemandProductions says

Please keep this show!!! It is a breath of fresh air to see african american actors/actresses in a different and more realistic setting. I am currently raising a bi-racial daughter and I am raising her as a black woman (that is how the world will see her and I will not put rose colored glasses on my children) while Tyler Perry films and shows are funny it always amazes me how Black women are portrayed to be so one sided with no real creativity. Thanks to Scandal and now being Mary Jane it shows that black women love, cry, hurt, be successful, be strong, be weak, and many other faucets to being a human in general. This is something that most of the time the media neglects when it comes to minorities. I hear that BET is renewing the show for a 2nd season. I can only hope they will continue to renew this show for years to come.

3. Adrienne Adams says

Yes! please renew the show! It is very Refreshing to see an African-American female portray a dynamite, young and beautiful, self-sufficient television personality. Love, Love it!

4. Rose says

Please bring this show back! There are not enough positive role models on TV for young black women. Give it a chance to get enough people hooked on it!

5. Alexandra says

Yes, Yes, Yes, please renew ‘Being Mary Jane ‘. Finally, a show revealing the true life of a strong, single woman dealing with issues in the 21st Century. My girlfriends and I truly enjoyed this show! ‘Being Mary Jane’ was so refreshing! It was the talk of the office for weeks! We are so tired of the phony shows were ALL the Heroine ‘s problems are solved in 1/2 hour (minus commercials). ‘BMJ’s time is now!

Demos: Girlfriends / Office Friends *
    6 WSF * Ages 33 – 42
    4 HSF * Ages 30 – 38
    3 ASF * Ages 35 – 55

6. SWEETHING 26 says

YES CAN YOU PLEASE NO CANCELL THIS SHOW TOO THERES NOT ENOUGH YOUNG POWERFUL WOMAN ON TELEVISION.

7. Jacqui Steele McCall says

I am looking at Being Mary Jane for the 3rd or 4th time. I am not in to reruns, please
    send more episodes! Hungry for women like me!