Being Mary Jane

Being Mary Jane TV show: canceled or renewed?Network: BET
Episodes: Ongoing (90 min. pilot + half-hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: July 2, 2013 — TBD
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Gabrielle Union, Omari Hardwick and Lisa Vidal.

current TV show

TV show description:
This series revolves around successful talk show host Mary Jane Paul (Gabrielle Union). She’s an entirely self-sufficient powerhouse and a single modern woman. She’s devoted to her family but they don’t exactly share her sense of motivation.

Mary Jane finds it’s no easy feat to juggle her professional life and her family life while also searching for “Mr. Right.”
space

Series Finale

Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

space
What do you think? Do you like the Being Mary Jane TV series so far? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Anonymous February 26, 2014 at 11:29 am

I hated that show. Being Mary Jane should be cancelled

joey February 26, 2014 at 5:38 am

I love union in this series she is simply fantastic, margret avery is marvelous, the whole family is wonderful in this, Urban drama, I loved it, Union has embodied love, honesty
and the fact that we all need to see a woman of color on primetime,, why are you always canceling a great show when everyone, is loving this drama series the whole cast is great,
Please do not cancel this series. it would be a big mistake. Mara brock and her husband are wonderful writers. we need to see MJ, find her mate. if we all stick together and continue to speak on these subjects . they will keep this show on, we need this. MJ is powerful. sexy and filled with love passion and real life. GOd bless

InDemandProductions February 18, 2014 at 8:09 pm

Please keep this show!!! It is a breath of fresh air to see african american actors/actresses in a different and more realistic setting. I am currently raising a bi-racial daughter and I am raising her as a black woman (that is how the world will see her and I will not put rose colored glasses on my children) while Tyler Perry films and shows are funny it always amazes me how Black women are portrayed to be so one sided with no real creativity. Thanks to Scandal and now being Mary Jane it shows that black women love, cry, hurt, be successful, be strong, be weak, and many other faucets to being a human in general. This is something that most of the time the media neglects when it comes to minorities. I hear that BET is renewing the show for a 2nd season. I can only hope they will continue to renew this show for years to come.

Yamiley December 30, 2013 at 5:36 pm

Please do not cancel this show. I watched the first episode and was hooked! Haven’t seen it on since.

Adrienne Adams November 11, 2013 at 7:23 pm

Yes! please renew the show! It is very Refreshing to see an African-American female portray a dynamite, young and beautiful, self-sufficient television personality. Love, Love it!

Anonymous November 3, 2013 at 11:24 pm

Positive image of black women with her family problem trying to keep the family together.

Rose October 17, 2013 at 10:46 am

Please bring this show back! There are not enough positive role models on TV for young black women. Give it a chance to get enough people hooked on it!

Alexandra October 13, 2013 at 12:21 pm

Yes, Yes, Yes, please renew ‘Being Mary Jane ‘. Finally, a show revealing the true life of a strong, single woman dealing with issues in the 21st Century. My girlfriends and I truly enjoyed this show! ‘Being Mary Jane’ was so refreshing! It was the talk of the office for weeks! We are so tired of the phony shows were ALL the Heroine ‘s problems are solved in 1/2 hour (minus commercials). ‘BMJ’s time is now!

Demos: Girlfriends / Office Friends *
6 WSF * Ages 33 – 42
4 HSF * Ages 30 – 38
3 ASF * Ages 35 – 55

Denise Rosemond September 30, 2013 at 8:45 pm

please have more episodes, at least let us know what is going on with the show

Rhonda September 29, 2013 at 8:43 pm

I absolutely love this series, The character, Maryjane is so complex. This one is a keeper.

Meloney Kelly September 13, 2013 at 9:07 pm

Please do not cancel this show. I have been waiting for it to show more episodes.

SWEETHING 26 July 31, 2013 at 1:19 pm

YES CAN YOU PLEASE NO CANCELL THIS SHOW TOO THERES NOT ENOUGH YOUNG POWERFUL WOMAN ON TELEVISION.

barbie July 29, 2013 at 1:53 pm

show should be canceled

Toni Clarett July 23, 2013 at 2:02 pm

Love it. More please

Jacqui Steele McCall July 21, 2013 at 6:24 pm

I am looking at Being Mary Jane for the 3rd or 4th time. I am not in to reruns, please
send more episodes! Hungry for women like me!