Believe: NBC Sunday Night Drama Cancelled

Believe TV show canceledBo has some amazing abilities but unfortunately they didn’t help save her series. NBC has cancelled the Believe TV show after one season.

Believe revolves around a young girl who has special abilities and the adults who are trying to protect her. The cast includes Johnny Sequoyah, Jake McLaughlin, Delroy Lindo, Kyle MacLachlan, Jamie Chung, and Arian Moayed.

The series got off to a positive start, thanks to its premiere airing on a Monday night after NBC’s top-rated show, The Voice. Unfortunately only about 60% of that episode’s audience decided to tune in to watch the second episode six days later.

The ratings kept falling lower each week. This week’s installment of Believe drew just a 1.0 demo rating with 4.33 million viewers. Those numbers were just too low to justify ordering a second season.

On the positive side, it appears that NBC plans to order all of the remaining four episodes.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Believe hasn’t been renewed for a second season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

1,681 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. says

believe was so much better than all the reality tv shows that are taking over….we will miss it, tv is getting not worth watching, bring it back for a 2nd season.

2. M. Feurer says

We recorded the episodes to watch at a later date… Love it!!! Extremely upset that it has been cancelled.

3. says

Awe man, I just found it on the NBC site, and I love it
    Bring it back and put it in a better time
    Slot, this will fix the issue, not enough
    People have seen this awesome series
    And if the had seen it, I know everyone would
    Get hooked, please give Believe a second
    Chance, or let it air on another network
    Like syfy !!!! bring it back please

4. JO says

I am equally disgusted that Believe was cancelled. Finally a show that I could watch with my 10 year old granddaughter that showed another young person choosing to do good for others. We couldn’t wait to see the next episode. And yet there is so much ridiculous shows still on and continue to be aired. Maybe the writers just weren’t up to the task for long term script or the network didn’t have it in the correct time slot. Pretty sad for NBC.

5. says

I soo looked forward to it even if I missed it for whatever reason I caught up with it on NBS site….maybe NBC shouldnt have put it in such a bad time slot….just sayin !

6. William S. says

And yet one more example of the network heads having zero clue on what we the consumer consider worthwhile entertainment. Fools. It’s the equivalent of letting the underdeveloped run the asylum letting these people decide what we get to watch. Apparently the series was going to take more imagination than anybody at NBC possesses to continue this great family oriented show. Disgusted. Thoroughly.

7. Eddie Ratliff says

It was my new favorite show. Hate to hear that. I had my DVR set to record it. Finally a great new show that was clean and family friendly and they cancel it.

• Anonymous says

I love it!
      I had set my dvr to record every episode.
      I would definitively watch it and recommend it to friends.