Believe: NBC Sunday Night Drama Cancelled

Believe TV show canceledBo has some amazing abilities but unfortunately they didn’t help save her series. NBC has cancelled the Believe TV show after one season.

Believe revolves around a young girl who has special abilities and the adults who are trying to protect her. The cast includes Johnny Sequoyah, Jake McLaughlin, Delroy Lindo, Kyle MacLachlan, Jamie Chung, and Arian Moayed.

The series got off to a positive start, thanks to its premiere airing on a Monday night after NBC’s top-rated show, The Voice. Unfortunately only about 60% of that episode’s audience decided to tune in to watch the second episode six days later.

The ratings kept falling lower each week. This week’s installment of Believe drew just a 1.0 demo rating with 4.33 million viewers. Those numbers were just too low to justify ordering a second season.

On the positive side, it appears that NBC plans to order all of the remaining four episodes.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Believe hasn’t been renewed for a second season?

Anonymous July 28, 2014 at 12:23 am

first touch is cancelled now believe

Shanell July 27, 2014 at 8:38 pm

This was the best show my husband and I watched. We both are pissed it won’t be on. Please bring it back.

Anonymous July 27, 2014 at 5:18 pm

I really enjoyed watching the show. It was one of my favorite fantasy shows last season.

tony July 27, 2014 at 12:03 pm

reality tv garbage,time slots,network,and to many new shows hitting the air at the same time nobody no’s what to watch and stick with so you have to record everything but not all people can do so they stick to one show and then rateings drop all over the networks ,I lost afew shows over the past couple years thanks to it all an now believe, it’s to a point where I’m getting afraid to get involved in a show because it won’t last,well that’s my rant. now bring back believe!

Joe Kilker July 29, 2014 at 9:07 am

All too true. I know someone on Twitter who won’t start watching a show until it gets into its third or forth season, to get over that critical first season danger point. Even then, there are no guarantees now.

We enjoy ‘Once Upon A Time’, but it has liberal measures of hokum, and expensive hokum at that, so I’m a little surprised it’s survived this long. Sure, it took the tried and tested route of using some well known television names (try employing a cast of unknowns, now), but ‘Believe’ had ‘OUAT’s Jamie Chung *and* Delroy Lindo, Kyle McLachlan… what does it take?

Mayvbe Castor on ‘Episodes’ was right, as well as crazy. Channels should give up planning and just throw content all over the place without warning. It’s not like news isn’t already being mixed with fiction…

Joe Kilker July 26, 2014 at 11:08 pm

Whoa, I shouldn’t slate Sky without just cause (like, for ceasing to broadcast ‘Rescue Me’ a couple of series’ in, even though it continued in the states).

‘Believe’ was on Watch for us, so not sure where the mistake was made…

PANTYSNIFFER July 26, 2014 at 9:29 pm

I too liked the show Believe,
One of the better shows really, I guess the majority
Only like mindless garbage (reality TV)
Morons

Joe Kilker July 26, 2014 at 6:32 pm

Bad as that is, they added insult to injury in the UK because, after watching what seemed very much like the season finale, we settled down for the last episode thinking they must be planning something special to top what went before, only to find Sean suddenly popping up again, and Zoe, seemingly none the worse for wear after the memory wipe.

Then, at the end, we saw everyone in ‘Milton’s loft’, pictures and all, which was burned down by Dani the previous week.

So Sky took an episode from mid-season, and screened it at the end. Lovely.

Michelle Day July 26, 2014 at 9:46 am

I can’t believe those twits have cancelled another show. Moonlight, Dracula, Awake and now Believe. Do they just not care that people actually enjoy these programmes. I still haven’t forgiven them for cancelling CSI Miami pfft!!

Mikaela Misti-Taylor July 25, 2014 at 4:53 pm

I absolutely love watching Believe. Both my mum and would tune in each week to see what would happen to Bo next. I am so sad and disappointed that it won’t be renewed for a season two

brulau July 25, 2014 at 9:35 am

I loved it. Very disappointed that it will not return. It’s not that people don’t like the show, the problem is where the network stuck it. Try it again on a different night/time.

Jo Ann July 24, 2014 at 5:23 pm

Who is the idiot that thought it should run opposite The Good Wife? Probably
the same genious behind American Ninja!

angelo July 24, 2014 at 5:01 pm

yes please bring back this show i love it please bring it back i will do anything to have it back on and im from south africa

Linda Jennings July 24, 2014 at 4:26 pm

I love the series and looked forward to watching as it was on. I hope it will somehow make it back on. ALL of the characters are great and the story kept me on the edge of my chair. Please bring it back.

Stacey July 24, 2014 at 4:25 pm