Believe: NBC Sunday Night Drama Cancelled

Believe TV show canceledBo has some amazing abilities but unfortunately they didn’t help save her series. NBC has cancelled the Believe TV show after one season.

Believe revolves around a young girl who has special abilities and the adults who are trying to protect her. The cast includes Johnny Sequoyah, Jake McLaughlin, Delroy Lindo, Kyle MacLachlan, Jamie Chung, and Arian Moayed.

The series got off to a positive start, thanks to its premiere airing on a Monday night after NBC’s top-rated show, The Voice. Unfortunately only about 60% of that episode’s audience decided to tune in to watch the second episode six days later.

The ratings kept falling lower each week. This week’s installment of Believe drew just a 1.0 demo rating with 4.33 million viewers. Those numbers were just too low to justify ordering a second season.

On the positive side, it appears that NBC plans to order all of the remaining four episodes.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Believe hasn’t been renewed for a second season?

Clarissa August 3, 2014 at 11:34 pm

My son and I really like this and are sad that it won’t be on anymore.

Jacob C August 3, 2014 at 8:46 pm

I say pull the plug on NBC. They get rid of all the good shows and only show the stupid ones. That would be like HBO getting rid of Game of Thrones or Walking Dead before the shows are over. Imagine how many angry people you would have then. Believe was a great show that was still family friendly. NBC can get lost

Dee Dee August 3, 2014 at 8:32 pm

This was really a positive show. I feel that it should be back on the air. I get tired of seeing shows that have a lot of cursing, bad things, nudity, etc… As soon as a good program comes on, I get into and and I like it, they want to cancel it. Army Wives, even though it is a different network, was the same way. I am running out of things to watch. Give people a chance to watch the show before you take it off the air. Find a better time to show it. I want to see watch the next season. Where are the advertisements? How did you sell this to kids? Where are the notebooks with Bo’s picture on it? Where are the T-shirts, video games, Nike commercials where she helps kids make shots in the air jordans. Sell the show don’t take it off the air. I am really disappointed!

Dawn DuPont August 3, 2014 at 7:01 pm

It’s good to know that there are some of us, (Brad,Kathy, Debbie, Peggy, Joanne, Jeff, Tricia, Michael, Danielle.). that still like good t.v. Hopefully another network will continue with the second series.

Dawn DuPont August 3, 2014 at 6:53 pm

I cannot believe that you are not bringing believe back. the characters were awesome the storyline has a lot to grow into. I hope that there is a network that is willing to bring it back. Please please please.

Tricia August 3, 2014 at 4:37 pm

I have to say i’m getting so sick of network tv. everytime something looks interesting and something i can actually watch w/ my grandson it gets cancelled. At this point most of what i watch is on like TNT, USA or one of what used to be cable networks. at least those networks actually use imagination, taste and originality unlike the regular stations that think it’s better to have supposedly “reality” tv that promote unsportsman like behavior or just being mean and idiotic. or they make something that is so offensive that i couldn’t be bothered. I may be a grandmother but i’m not that old(44) and i certainly would never allow my children, grandchildren or anyone i know watch or ever behave the way so called networks think is good tv. and to think the people watching this or learning from these shows are supposed to run this country soon. Scares me to death.

Alec Boxall August 3, 2014 at 3:01 pm

I am really disappointed that ‘believe’ has been cancelled because I have really enjoyed watching it and thinking once I’ve just watched one I’m excited to see what’s happening next week and I really do want it to come back TV.
Because I’m the type of person who loves watching these types of shows also I’m curios of what Bo will be able to do next!!!!!
Also I think its a real shame to end the series there and not do a season 2……….
So can you please do a season 2?……………..please

Michael August 1, 2014 at 2:05 pm

This show was one of the few shows on TV that the whole family could watch. It had emotions, it had bad choices and a moral at the end of each show. Maybe it was just too positive for NBC. Maybe another network will give it shot. The characters were great and the premise intriguing. I would love to see where Bo’s abilities would take her and how they could be used.

Brad August 1, 2014 at 9:20 pm

I couldn’t agree more, Michael. I’m so sick of reality shows taking over quality shows like Believe. NBC = Nothing But Crap!

Dee Dee August 3, 2014 at 8:40 pm

TV needs to get back to being for family entertainment. They can move all the other stuff to reality tv channels. There are a lot of nights that I do not turn on my tv until the news comes on because there is not much to watch. There are other times where the tv is on and no one is watching it, we just don’t want to miss the news when it comes on so we turn the tv on early. TV is starting to really suck!

Danielle August 1, 2014 at 10:10 am

I agree Jeff, NBC cancels anything good that shows character and morals!! They need some changes. Sometimes I don’t even bother unless it makes it to a second season. One season of 12 episodes IS NOT ENOUGH!! BRING BACK BELIEVE! PLEASE….

Brad August 1, 2014 at 9:47 pm

I couldn’t have said it better, Danielle!

jeff July 31, 2014 at 7:05 am

Maybe they need to fire some of the people making decisions at NBC every quality program they start ,gets cancel after only one season definitely not enough time to determine if a progam is a success or not, obviously they don’t care about thier viewership…. very disappointed with NBC….

Joanne July 30, 2014 at 10:22 am

I agree with Brad, Kathy and Debbie. Bring back Believe.

Brad July 30, 2014 at 11:38 am

I wish Kathy and Debbie were in charge of programming at NBC!

peggy July 29, 2014 at 1:25 am

I finally found 2 reasons for watching TV this year and both have been canceled. Believe sure was a refreshing relief from all the cop shows and the endless groaners of survival shows. I sure hope another network picks it up. Disappointed in B. C.

Brad July 30, 2014 at 11:39 am

Well said.

Brad July 28, 2014 at 4:42 pm

NBC…proving once again what idiots they are!

Debbie LeBlanc July 28, 2014 at 4:08 pm

I think that you should keep airing believe on NBC it was a great show please put it back on

Kathy July 28, 2014 at 10:03 am

Omg please bring it back we gotta know what happens with bo and her daddy

Brad July 28, 2014 at 4:43 pm

Absolutely agree, Kathy. They’ll probably replace it with another lame reality show.