Bent: NBC Sitcom Cancelled; No Season Two

NBC canceled Bent , no season twoNBC’s new sitcom Bent came and went very quickly. We now know that it’s been cancelled so it certainly won’t be back.

A romantic comedy, Bent revolves around the relationship of a divorced no-nonsense lawyer (Amanda Peet) and the irresponsible womanizing contractor (David Walton) that she reluctantly hires to renovate her kitchen. Others in the cast include Joey King, Margo Harshman, Jeffrey Tambor, J.B. Smoove, Jesse Plemons, and Pasha D. Lychnikoff.

NBC held Bent until late in the season (never a good sign) and ran the six episodes in hour blocks over the course of three weeks.

The belief was that, by airing two episodes together, they would have a better chance of hooking an audience.

It’s hard to know if that strategy worked to any degree but the ratings were terrible. The show aired opposite other popular shows on Wednesday nights and debuted to a 1.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.75 million total viewers. It was fourth place in its timeslot. The second installment dropped 20% to a 0.8 rating with 2.38 million.

The next two weeks saw a low of 0.7 in the demo with 1.93 million. With those numbers, there was just no way that NBC was going to bring it back for a second season.

On our NBC Ratings Report Card, which measures the relative demo performance of TV shows on the network, Bent has an “D-” grade. It’s the lowest-rated sitcom that the NBC aired this season.

What do you think? Do you think Bent is a better show than what the ratings seem to indicate? Would you like to have seen it return for a second season?

Luca March 10, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Bent was a nice sitcom, it surely didn’t deserve to get canceled. I really hope that the netflix business mode will take foot so we didn’t have amazing shows get canceled, like Bent or The New Adventures Of Old Christine for example.

Samantha February 27, 2013 at 1:50 am

I fell in love with the show Bent I was very upset to see that there were no more episodes and I would really love to see it come back!!!

eric February 16, 2013 at 10:26 am

that show was great so was kyle xy bring them back

Kira January 28, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Bent is great, and should totally be given a second chance!

Kevin January 9, 2013 at 9:35 am

Bring on Season 2 PLEASE!!!!!!!!

I thought it was terrific!!!!! Need more Peet!!!!

rowan January 9, 2013 at 2:33 am

I was so shocked to hear this was cancelled. I had never seen this on television or seen an ad for it but it came on hulu when I left it running and walked out of the room and I ended up watching the entire season in one sitting. I would have made this one to record

Jessica January 7, 2013 at 1:38 pm

I started this show this morning and watched all of the season. I searched for season 2 but it was canceled…..This show was great. I laughted out loud many times. I was looking forward to their hook up!!!!

Anonymous January 6, 2013 at 8:56 pm

God bless the internet where people can talk to people and say what they really want to say about anything like bent its a great tv show i have a job where i am at work during prime time so i watch almost all my tvs shows after they come out on dvd or on programs like hulu and wow i saw bent episode one i loaded it by mistake but was taken in by the great cast and after the first episode was hooked wow i just finnished wathing all 6 episodes and wish their was more this may not be a prime time show but it was a great show i would buy it on dvd if their were more of it

Sandy December 22, 2012 at 8:57 pm

I just discovered this show on Hulu. I’m disappointed it won’t be back. I was hooked! It’s nice to see a positive and smart sitcom.

kisel December 16, 2012 at 8:10 pm

really great! just saw it and you need a second season!

Kimberly December 11, 2012 at 12:40 am

Bring it back!! I really liked it a lot!

Jocelyn December 7, 2012 at 7:09 pm

i would of liked a second season.

raina December 2, 2012 at 6:48 pm

bring it back! or at least put out a spoiler for season 2! did they kiss? what happens?!

angela morgan November 20, 2012 at 6:40 pm

Please bring Bent back!! It is a great show with intelligent, pithy dialogue and 2 phenomenal actors , Amanada Peet and her love interest David Walton. The chemistry between those two was scintillating!
There are so many awful shows out there it is disheartening to see the good ones get away. This really is the dumbing down of America!
All the best,
A fan of BENT

Dana November 14, 2012 at 9:25 pm

This show is awesome! It reminded me of Cougar Town, which i also adore watching. BRING IT BACK. ‘Pete’ is too good looking to not be televised.