Best Friends Forever: NBC Cancels Future Airings

canceled episodes best friends forever NBC has pulled Best Friends Forever, their low-rated sitcom from the schedule. While the show hasn’t been officially cancelled, there’s no chance that it will be renewed for a second season.

Following a pair of best gal pals who are reunited after a divorce, Best Friends Forever stars Lennon Parham, Jessica St. Clair, Stephen Schneider, Luka Jones, and Daija Owens.

The sitcom debuted on April 4th to poor ratings with a disappointing 1.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 3.94 million total viewers. The second episode fell a whopping 25% in the demo and week three dropped another 11%. This week’s installment held steady but a 0.8 rating with 2.7 million viewers is still a terrible performance for a network show.

On our NBC ratings report card, Forever ranks 19th out of 20 scripted shows this season, beating only The Firm and Bent. In terms of demo ratings, it receives a “D-” and that’s pretty horrible considering the state of the most of the rest on NBC’s schedule.

Should BFF have been given a better chance?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

NBC has issued a press release indicating that Forever will be replaced on the schedule with additional original installments of Betty White’s Off Their Rockers, for at least the next two weeks. The senior citizen hidden-camera show currently fills the 8pm timeslot as well.

There are only two unaired episodes of Forever remaining. With such low ratings, there’s no way that the series will be going back into production.

Parhmam, who’s also an executive producer on the show, tweeted, “BFF Fans: Wanted to let you know that our show is being taken off the air until the summer… Hoping to post ep 5 & 6 online asap… Jessica St. Clair and I CANNOT thank you enough for the love and support of our little show. You guys are truly the best.”

What do you think? Are you sorry to see Best Friends Forever go? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season instead? Is it a better show than some of the other NBC sitcoms?

Megan May 6, 2012 at 9:47 pm

I freaking love this show!!!! Reminds me of my best friend and I… So sad!!!! Please bri g it back!!! :(

Ray May 4, 2012 at 8:11 pm

It’s a great show! Another potentialy great series isn’t give a chance to bloom.

Jen May 3, 2012 at 9:35 pm

This show is HILARIOUS!! I am shocked and disappointed it’s cancelled. Hope it comes back on another network that will give it a fair chance!

Kate May 2, 2012 at 6:19 pm

LOVED this show. I am soo sad to see it go. NBC cant commit to anything so why shoul they expect viewers? I hope they can find another network and a better home for this great show.

Bethany April 30, 2012 at 3:48 am

Thank heavens I have cable and NetFlix. This was probably the best show NBC has put on the air in years. My BF and I watch the show each and every week, even watching it more than once each week to be sure we don’t miss any jokes. My BF is not that into comedy, and he LOVES the way this show portrays the dynamic of everyone. Of course the first thing I said when I saw how good this show was, was that it was sure to be canceled. Since the only shows that go off the air quickly are the best ones they have to offer.

I will say a devoted fan of NBC only as long as they don’t dare touch Days of Our Lives. If that goes off the air for any reason then I am done with them altogether. NBC has an eye for excelent programing. However, that being said they don’t seem to have an eye for keeping said shows on the air. More and more I don’t even bother checking to see what is on NBC in the evenings. Before long I will forget that they have pm programing at all if they keep giving up on shows like this one. Guess they don’t actually like to have viewers.

lucy April 29, 2012 at 11:13 pm

I am really surprised and I feel cheated! This is a show that me and my friends like watching.. male and female it seemed to be a hit. Why put out so many shows at once? Lennon Parham is totally hilarious! Sad to see it go

christy April 28, 2012 at 10:54 pm

Are we watching different shows?? Haha. We absolutely loved it anf i can honestly say I’m totally bummed. Not that many good comedys out there. it was awesome

BG April 28, 2012 at 6:32 am

Nothing NBC puts out is givien a fair shot by the public And it’s NBC’s fault. I laugh when they try something new cuz you know ratings will automatically stink

Wick April 28, 2012 at 6:30 am

Watched the pilot, would rather play Russian Roulette with five bullets in a 6 chambered revolver. Good Riddance to Horse Shit.

thomas daly April 28, 2012 at 4:57 am

30 ROCK SMASH AND WHITNEY are good shows

Joe April 28, 2012 at 3:32 am

I enjoyed the episodes that I watched so far but oh well.

Matt S. April 27, 2012 at 10:37 pm

I say instead of getting peoples hopes up having liked these place filler shows.. Networks should just call them a Mini-series. That way networks won’t get such evil reputations and viewers will hopefully not get disappointed when they don’t come back next season.

Tha Critic April 27, 2012 at 8:28 pm

Yeah, judging by the ratings reports I can’t say that I’m surprised. From the pilot, I didn’t believe it would last.

RecceR April 27, 2012 at 6:46 pm

It was doomed from the start, so there was no point to ever giving it a chance. Both this series and ‘Bent’ were destined to just burn off and be cancelled. NBC only aired them in the spring because there was free space before the summer. It’s just like NBC’s past burn-off comedies like ‘Love Bites’ and ‘Friends With Benefits.’ They really should stop ordering so many comedies when they don’t have the room or the capability to give them good marketing (not that NBC bothers to market their shows anyways). Unfortunately, I think they have about eight comedies in-development and will probably pick up at least half (they had 6 new comedies this TV season).

Mikey April 27, 2012 at 5:54 pm

I always try to give new shows a chance. This one was seriously horrible. Plus, I pretty much just see that actress as the “Marshall’s lady”