Betrayal: ABC TV Show Cancelled, No Season Two

Betrayal series finaleMultiple sources are reporting the news that we all saw coming. Betrayal has been cancelled and won’t be back for a second season on ABC.

On Betrayal, the extra-marital affair of two professionals gets even more complicated when their families end up on the opposite sides of a murder trial. The cast includes Stuart Townsend, Hannah Ware, Henry Thomas, Chris Johnson, Wendy Moniz, Braeden Lemasters, Elizabeth McLaughlin, and James Cromwell.

The drama had poor ratings right from the start and then, the numbers got even worse in subsequent weeks. The finale registered just a 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.3 million viewers.

Despite the dismal ratings, the network denied that the show had been cancelled. Thankfully, the last episode provided some measure of closure for the devoted fans who stuck with it.

What do you think? Are you sorry that the show’s been cancelled, that there won’t be a second season of Betrayal?

Canceled and renewed TV show

839 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Anonymous says

So disappointed to hear it’s not returning for another season. This was my all time fave!! I’ve watched every single episode from the very beginning and always couldn’t wait for the next one. Please bring it back!!!

2. Shelly morgan says

What a shame . betrayal was fab .watched it every Friday with out fail . please bring out season 2 .

3. Betrayl fan says

I’m also very sorry this has ended, it was such a passionette series in places. Will miss it greatly —— Please re-consider……………….

4. Anonymous says

I’m so upset this show isn’t coming back. I was just rewatching the episodes because I liked it so much and couldn’t wait for it to come back. This is such a let down.

5. Andra Maulding says

I can not believe that ABC did not renew this show. I loved this show!!!!! Maybe decisions like this are causing people to watch TNT, BRAVO, TLC, or Lifetime!! ABC you messed up!

6. Barb says

why do they cancel shows esp. with no real ending? I love this show and am very unhappy it’s been cancelled..can’t understand why.

7. Anonymous says

I am so disappointed that this has been canceled!! Was such a great show me and the roomies loved watching it together every sunday night!! PLEASE COME BACK

8. BRITTANY says

I am so sad this show is canceled. It was definitely one of my favorite shows and shouldn’t have been canceled. I finished the show on Hulu in 3 days. I loved it :(

9. Vashti D says

I’m so , so disappointed this show will not return , I really hoped it would have … Pls reconsider , so many other shows that should be cancelled not this one .
    It was my favorite show … What a shame abc!!!

10. Anonymous says

I so loved this show!!! So sad it was cancelled should of given it another try. Maybe different night or time

11. Jo Ann says

I loved this show I can’t believe it is cancelled…why? I watched this show religiously every week and could wait for each week to come to see what was going to happen next. I am do bummed it got cancelled can’t the network bring it back for another season to see it the ratings go up?? It was my favorite show!