Betrayal: ABC TV Show Cancelled, No Season Two

Betrayal series finaleMultiple sources are reporting the news that we all saw coming. Betrayal has been cancelled and won’t be back for a second season on ABC.

On Betrayal, the extra-marital affair of two professionals gets even more complicated when their families end up on the opposite sides of a murder trial. The cast includes Stuart Townsend, Hannah Ware, Henry Thomas, Chris Johnson, Wendy Moniz, Braeden Lemasters, Elizabeth McLaughlin, and James Cromwell.

The drama had poor ratings right from the start and then, the numbers got even worse in subsequent weeks. The finale registered just a 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.3 million viewers.

Despite the dismal ratings, the network denied that the show had been cancelled. Thankfully, the last episode provided some measure of closure for the devoted fans who stuck with it.

What do you think? Are you sorry that the show’s been cancelled, that there won’t be a second season of Betrayal?

Anonymous July 24, 2014 at 2:35 am

I’m so sad!! One of my favorites!bring it back pleaseee

Tiffani July 23, 2014 at 9:11 pm

Tiffani says y’all suck. Just f -fucking- yi…. No more ABC for me…. Assholes….

DD July 23, 2014 at 6:09 pm

ABC sucks! They cancel all the good shows they get you addicted to. Thanks a lot ABC!

NataĊĦa July 22, 2014 at 7:04 pm

Bring it back please!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!

Pebble July 22, 2014 at 5:53 pm

O please,like there are no worse shows on tv on the same network,wonder what real reason is…very disappointing anyway.Quess who’s not fan of ABC anymore…

Stacy July 22, 2014 at 3:37 pm

As a mom with 2 busy kids I rarely get to sit down and watch show, however, BETRAYAL was my show, the show I made sure I watched every week, and the hour that it was on went by so fast and I could not wait for the next week’s show. I am so dissapointed that this show has been cancelled. The network should definitely give it another chance; great writers, awesome actors, captivating plot, bring it back!!!

Lakeisha July 21, 2014 at 10:40 pm

Please bring Betrayal back. It is an excellent sereies. Give another chance. The storyline is awesome. Great writers. #bringbetrayal back.

Anonymous July 21, 2014 at 4:28 pm

Never find out who she chose that’s so not fair

elaine nelson July 21, 2014 at 4:04 pm

loved the show
Was really getting interesting

There are worse shows on tv on the same network and are not worth even looking at

Karyn p July 21, 2014 at 3:33 pm

I CANNOT believe you are canceling one of the best night time dramas!! Betrayal. Please please bring it back..This is such a great show. .want to see more!!! Very disappointed in ABC!!

Lori k July 21, 2014 at 12:43 pm

Takes one season to get to no the characters! At least two seasons!

Anonymous July 21, 2014 at 12:07 pm

This sucks i love betrayal

Drea A July 21, 2014 at 12:58 am

Come on ABC!!!!
Betrayal is gone???? So far you have Axed some of the best TV on Sunday nights!
Bring Back Betrayal!! Between all the departures of GMA and the canceling of Good Quality TV!!! (Not a reality fan and I don’t need pointers on how to cook!) You guys are going to loose me too!
Bring back Betrayal and make your viewers happy!

Ann winder July 20, 2014 at 5:40 pm

Omg I cannot believe there will be no 2nd series of Betrayal! It was and has been the best drama on television . I am so disapointed that it won’t be back. I have watched every episode on a Friday evening and have recorded all. Please please please bring back Jack (my heartthrob ) and Sarah. Friday evenings won’t be the same . I can’t believe it was because of bad ratings as all my colleagues and many friends watch this without fail.

Tara P July 20, 2014 at 3:42 pm

Logged into ABC to see when new season would come on. To my surprise to find it was cancelled. This is so disappointing. It was a great show. I’m sure ratings would go up if the advertise during prime times and give it another season.

Lynne July 24, 2014 at 3:09 pm

I just can’t believe that Betrayal has been cancelled. It is the best program that has been on for years. Everyone I know loves it so can’t believe that it’s been axed due to bad ratings . Some of my friends were annoyed because the last few episodes were put on at different times so maybe that is why the best thing on TV was missed by some. There’s so much rubbish on TV at the moment and this was one programme that they actually got right .Give it another chance and give people what they want….