Betrayal: Has It Been Cancelled? Will There Be Season Two?

Betrayal canceled? season two?ABC has been searching for a ratings hit to fill the Sundays at 10pm timeslot. Turns out that Betrayal isn’t that show but could it still return for a second season? Has it already been cancelled?

Betrayal revolves around professional photographer Sara (Hannah Ware) and top attorney Jack (Stuart Townsend) who, despite being married to other people, have a torrid affair. Things become even more complicated when Sara’s husband and Jack end up on the opposite sides of a murder trial. The rest of the cast includes Henry Thomas, Chris Johnson, Wendy Moniz, Braeden Lemasters, Elizabeth McLaughlin, and James Cromwell.

The series debuted in September and got off to a slow start with a 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.16 million total viewers. The numbers got even worse in week two, dropping more than 24%. In week three, they dropped another 26%.

Should Betrayal be cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

In short, the ratings were awful but the network didn’t pull the series off the air and a rep even said that ABC was sticking with the show. Why? Likely because they’d already cancelled another new drama, Lucky 7, and fellow freshman Once Upon a Time in Wonderland was also tanking.

Though Betrayal’s ratings have leveled off, that doesn’t mean that ABC is any more satisfied with the numbers and there’s just no way that they’re bring it back for a second season. It’s still on the air because they didn’t have anything to take its place.

The network has released their plans for early 2014 and, to no surprise, Betrayal isn’t part of them. That’s not an outright cancellation but, realistically, there’s as much hope of this show coming back as there being a second season of Pan Am or GCB.

ABC has taken to calling Betrayal a limited series which wouldn’t have stopped them from making a second season had the ratings been stronger. Hopefully for the fans who have stuck with it, the show will end in a satisfying way and won’t not leave a bunch of unresolved storylines.

What do you think? Do you like Betrayal? Would you like to see a second season or does the show deserve to be cancelled? Why didn’t it catch on?

Letitia Desloges January 20, 2014 at 10:24 am

I love Betrayal. It is the first show I watch on Monday morning on my DVR. It used to be Revenge, but no longer.

Amy January 20, 2014 at 10:21 am

Absolutely Love Betrayal soooo much more than Revengeā€¦in my opinion it seemed like Revenge got a lot more TV media time to make viewers more interestedā€¦and I think Betrayal did leave somewhat of a cliff hanger, I will be so disappointed if there isn’t a second season:(

Crystal January 20, 2014 at 9:48 am

I love this show it really keeps you on the edge of your seat. I hope they bring it back! I would watch it again & recommend it to others. The ratings it got were shitty & I don’t understand how it could be rated so low it’s awesome show! Plead bring a second season.

mary January 20, 2014 at 9:40 am

Love this show. Do not cancel. The characters are interesting.

Diane January 20, 2014 at 9:15 am

I loved the series! Sorry it’s not coming back! Good acting, good story, not sure why the low ratings :(.

Sab January 20, 2014 at 8:43 am

I love betrayal. I have been watching it since it started. The season finale leaves you guessing. The fact that it was stated that it was a “season finale” instead of “series finale”
may have some hope.

It seems TV viewers and the Networks are more interested in reality TV which I find every single one of them stupid. Maybe if people weren’t so interested in reality shows then some of the good shows could be watched. They should know that all these shows are not reality. They are scripted or egged on by the producers to make something happen.

What a waste.

Christine January 20, 2014 at 8:34 am

My husband and I look forward to this show. We both love it. PLEASE renew it!

Julie January 20, 2014 at 7:50 am

Love this series! I look forward to watching Betrayal every week. The ending left me perplexed. If you were planning to cancel it, why write it to end that way? Please bring it back!!!!!

Jan January 20, 2014 at 7:44 am

I LOVE this show! And I have to know who showed up to meet Sara at the end!

Margaret January 20, 2014 at 7:35 am

It would be a shame to cancel this show. It has a great cast, intriguing story line,
and lots to look forward to. It’s the only show I tape and look for on Sunday night.

Kim January 20, 2014 at 7:05 am

Love this show! Has to come back for a second season!!

Jamie January 20, 2014 at 7:01 am

Love this show! Bring it back!

Danielle January 20, 2014 at 5:59 am

LOVE this show!!! If abc knew there wasn’t going to be a second season why do that BS with Sarah at the end? Don’t tell me you want us to come up with our own conclusion, cause that’s your job!! I liked Jack but I think she needs to be with her husband and her son. After all that, he never left her side. ABC you suck!!!

Yvonne January 20, 2014 at 7:26 am

Abc sucks if they cancel betrayal !!!!

Crystal January 20, 2014 at 9:50 am

I agree the ending was disappointing if they don’t bring it back. I don’t want to guess who it was! Hopefully ending like this makes more viewers speak up n gets the ratings up to bring it back. I don’t think the ratings are correct. It’s a good show! I’m addicted!

Donna January 20, 2014 at 5:32 am

I actually started liking Betrayal more than Revenge hope Betrayal is renewed.

Yvonne January 20, 2014 at 7:29 am

Yes I love both shows !

kira January 20, 2014 at 5:05 am

please keep betrayel i love this show i watch ever sunday when it come on give it a chance please it is a great show …………