Betrayal: Has It Been Cancelled? Will There Be Season Two?

Betrayal canceled? season two?ABC has been searching for a ratings hit to fill the Sundays at 10pm timeslot. Turns out that Betrayal isn’t that show but could it still return for a second season? Has it already been cancelled?

Betrayal revolves around professional photographer Sara (Hannah Ware) and top attorney Jack (Stuart Townsend) who, despite being married to other people, have a torrid affair. Things become even more complicated when Sara’s husband and Jack end up on the opposite sides of a murder trial. The rest of the cast includes Henry Thomas, Chris Johnson, Wendy Moniz, Braeden Lemasters, Elizabeth McLaughlin, and James Cromwell.

The series debuted in September and got off to a slow start with a 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.16 million total viewers. The numbers got even worse in week two, dropping more than 24%. In week three, they dropped another 26%.

Should Betrayal be cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

In short, the ratings were awful but the network didn’t pull the series off the air and a rep even said that ABC was sticking with the show. Why? Likely because they’d already cancelled another new drama, Lucky 7, and fellow freshman Once Upon a Time in Wonderland was also tanking.

Though Betrayal’s ratings have leveled off, that doesn’t mean that ABC is any more satisfied with the numbers and there’s just no way that they’re bring it back for a second season. It’s still on the air because they didn’t have anything to take its place.

The network has released their plans for early 2014 and, to no surprise, Betrayal isn’t part of them. That’s not an outright cancellation but, realistically, there’s as much hope of this show coming back as there being a second season of Pan Am or GCB.

ABC has taken to calling Betrayal a limited series which wouldn’t have stopped them from making a second season had the ratings been stronger. Hopefully for the fans who have stuck with it, the show will end in a satisfying way and won’t not leave a bunch of unresolved storylines.

What do you think? Do you like Betrayal? Would you like to see a second season or does the show deserve to be cancelled? Why didn’t it catch on?

Canceled and renewed TV show

1,061 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. says

Thats par for the course for ABC. They love to cancel shows. Betray is one of my favs. but I must be a jinx. I better stop watching Revenge, Scandals and Nashville because they will be cancelled soon too!!! Why do they evn bothe putting them on the air? Wha a waste of time!! geeze!!!

2. says

Please do not take off Betrayal. My reasoning’s are there are so many loose ends. TJ for example, He`s off to go see the Golden Gate bridge and work in a garage, he doesn’t have good health and has hooked up with the wrong crowd. I`d like to see how he ends up. Elaine, she hasn’t found happiness. What`s going to happen with Elaine and Jack`s son? Drew, I`d love to see whether or not he wins Congress and if he moves to NY, by himself! And Sarah and Jack, oh how they need to get back together, they are meant for one another. Please please do not take this show off. Its a great show and on a great night!

3. Kelli Lewis says

Please dont cancel it……. I want it back for a second season. I cant watch it at 10pm on sundays but I do watch the day after on comcast on demand

4. Vera says

I loved the show. It bothered me how it concluded. Especially if it doesn’t return. Who did she choose. I really enjoyed the show and hope it returns. I don’t know why it didn’t catch on fire.

5. JoAnn says

I LOOK FORWARD TO SUNDAY NIGHT
    ABC SHOWS WITH REVENGE AND MY ALL TIME FAVORITE BETRAYAL THE CHEMISTRY BETWEEN THE PERFORMERS IS SPOT ON! I HOPE ABC WILL CONSIDER KEEPING BETRAYAL ON THE AIR, MAYBE THEY NEED ANOTHER TIME SLOT.

6. sarah says

I love betrayal and I hope that ABC is going to come out with a second season of betrayal. There are so many things that needs to be answerd. What is going to happen with sarah ? Who did sarah eat dinner with last please? don’t cancel betrayal ABC I love that series

7. beverly says

Please bring this show back. I love this show. U can hardly wait until Sunday. I especially live Jack. I think he is so sexy. He truly seem to love Sara. You could take some of those other stupid shows off. Like two and a half men, mom, how I met your mother, two broke girls and mike and molly. And put betrayal in one of those slots.

8. Buns says

Loved this show; however, agree with another viewer. ABC tends to cancel shows too quickly. Investing in them is difficult when you know they won’t be back!