Betrayal: Has It Been Cancelled? Will There Be Season Two?

Betrayal canceled? season two?ABC has been searching for a ratings hit to fill the Sundays at 10pm timeslot. Turns out that Betrayal isn’t that show but could it still return for a second season? Has it already been cancelled?

Betrayal revolves around professional photographer Sara (Hannah Ware) and top attorney Jack (Stuart Townsend) who, despite being married to other people, have a torrid affair. Things become even more complicated when Sara’s husband and Jack end up on the opposite sides of a murder trial. The rest of the cast includes Henry Thomas, Chris Johnson, Wendy Moniz, Braeden Lemasters, Elizabeth McLaughlin, and James Cromwell.

The series debuted in September and got off to a slow start with a 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.16 million total viewers. The numbers got even worse in week two, dropping more than 24%. In week three, they dropped another 26%.

Should Betrayal be cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

In short, the ratings were awful but the network didn’t pull the series off the air and a rep even said that ABC was sticking with the show. Why? Likely because they’d already cancelled another new drama, Lucky 7, and fellow freshman Once Upon a Time in Wonderland was also tanking.

Though Betrayal’s ratings have leveled off, that doesn’t mean that ABC is any more satisfied with the numbers and there’s just no way that they’re bring it back for a second season. It’s still on the air because they didn’t have anything to take its place.

The network has released their plans for early 2014 and, to no surprise, Betrayal isn’t part of them. That’s not an outright cancellation but, realistically, there’s as much hope of this show coming back as there being a second season of Pan Am or GCB.

ABC has taken to calling Betrayal a limited series which wouldn’t have stopped them from making a second season had the ratings been stronger. Hopefully for the fans who have stuck with it, the show will end in a satisfying way and won’t not leave a bunch of unresolved storylines.

What do you think? Do you like Betrayal? Would you like to see a second season or does the show deserve to be cancelled? Why didn’t it catch on?

Anonymous January 20, 2014 at 9:47 pm

Love the show! Don’t Cancel

Carol January 20, 2014 at 9:46 pm

I love this show!! How does it not have higher ratings? It’s filled with mystery, love, tension, and all the other good things in a drama series!! And no, the end of season one leaves you hanging completely!! Ugh! Please at least bring it back for another season and end it the right way if you still don’t get your ratings!!

Ann January 20, 2014 at 9:34 pm

Don’t cancel Betrayal……we need Season 2…..too many unanswered questions. GREAT SHOW!

Bianca January 20, 2014 at 9:13 pm

LOVE IT!!!!!! Don’t cancel!!!!

Barb January 20, 2014 at 9:12 pm

AWESOME, AWESOME SHOW. Please don’t cancel it. Loved the cast.

Tracy January 20, 2014 at 9:07 pm

Bring it back please love it it was one too late At night for most

maria January 20, 2014 at 9:04 pm

I really loved the show!

adnamA January 20, 2014 at 8:57 pm

I think the timeslot IS what killed it. 10pm Sunday is a dead-end. A place for re-runs or something. Not a first season trying to reached viewers ( the majority of the world do have a job/school to deal with Monday morning). It’d be sad to see it go because I do think it’s a good crime drama! I hope it gets one more chance, at a better time slot!

Janette January 20, 2014 at 8:55 pm

I enjoyed the show. Each adult character has interest, power, courage and intrigue in their own way. Sad to see the Karsten go. I liked the actor who played Karsten. I hope there is a second season.

Mary Ellen January 20, 2014 at 8:46 pm

I have no idea why the ratings on BETRAYAL were so low! It is an awesome show, has a lot of substance and great plot, the characters pull you in and make you wish you were a part of it! It is so much better than silly sitcoms that need to go instead! Please bring it back for a second season!

Juli January 20, 2014 at 8:45 pm

I thought the show was great ! I always enjoyed having Betrayal to watch Sunday nights.

Anonymous January 20, 2014 at 8:38 pm

I love Betrayal! It was my favorite following Revenge. PLEASE BRING IT BACK!

Nancyjean Morrison January 20, 2014 at 8:24 pm

I liked watching the show. It had many realistic ideas. If it did end , I liked how they did it. I would say Sarah was meeting her husband at the end of the show.

susie January 20, 2014 at 8:24 pm

I love Betrayal. Please don’t cancel. I love Sara and Jack together. I need to know who came to the table to meet her.

Michele Gierlach January 20, 2014 at 8:20 pm

I totally agree with every single comment above, especially Beverly!! I love Sunday nights. Revenge and Betrayal are the best 2 back to back shows out there!!!