Betrayal: Has It Been Cancelled? Will There Be Season Two?

Betrayal canceled? season two?ABC has been searching for a ratings hit to fill the Sundays at 10pm timeslot. Turns out that Betrayal isn’t that show but could it still return for a second season? Has it already been cancelled?

Betrayal revolves around professional photographer Sara (Hannah Ware) and top attorney Jack (Stuart Townsend) who, despite being married to other people, have a torrid affair. Things become even more complicated when Sara’s husband and Jack end up on the opposite sides of a murder trial. The rest of the cast includes Henry Thomas, Chris Johnson, Wendy Moniz, Braeden Lemasters, Elizabeth McLaughlin, and James Cromwell.

The series debuted in September and got off to a slow start with a 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.16 million total viewers. The numbers got even worse in week two, dropping more than 24%. In week three, they dropped another 26%.

Should Betrayal be cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

In short, the ratings were awful but the network didn’t pull the series off the air and a rep even said that ABC was sticking with the show. Why? Likely because they’d already cancelled another new drama, Lucky 7, and fellow freshman Once Upon a Time in Wonderland was also tanking.

Though Betrayal’s ratings have leveled off, that doesn’t mean that ABC is any more satisfied with the numbers and there’s just no way that they’re bring it back for a second season. It’s still on the air because they didn’t have anything to take its place.

The network has released their plans for early 2014 and, to no surprise, Betrayal isn’t part of them. That’s not an outright cancellation but, realistically, there’s as much hope of this show coming back as there being a second season of Pan Am or GCB.

ABC has taken to calling Betrayal a limited series which wouldn’t have stopped them from making a second season had the ratings been stronger. Hopefully for the fans who have stuck with it, the show will end in a satisfying way and won’t not leave a bunch of unresolved storylines.

What do you think? Do you like Betrayal? Would you like to see a second season or does the show deserve to be cancelled? Why didn’t it catch on?

nicole May 6, 2014 at 3:42 pm

Keep it. I love this show.

Anonymous May 6, 2014 at 3:19 pm

Love the show!!!!!!

Teresa May 6, 2014 at 3:04 pm

I love this show. It’s very exciting, romantic, and the stars are good looking. The story is very good and keeps your interest.

Anonymous May 6, 2014 at 10:33 am

love the show

Gloria Lovato May 6, 2014 at 12:11 am

I’m so sad that Betrayal, was canceled. I hope they do a second season with a closer. It had its violence but not gory. I really like the storyline. It was for real, I’m tired of these fairy tale stories that you are making them look evil. Bring reality back

maryssa May 4, 2014 at 4:32 pm

I absolutely love this show! I was in love with desperate housewives and couldn’t find a show I liked until betrayal came along! I really wish abc would give this show a second season to at least close on all the drama and sexual tension between all the character’s. I Really Dont Want This Show To Cancel! I love it! !!

Ms. Magnolia May 3, 2014 at 4:08 pm

ABC seems to have a habit of jumping on the cancellation bandwagon before a new show has time to develop. This show’s fans deserve at least a limited season in which issues are resolved and loose ends are tied up. ABC is NOT the only game in town; they need to keep that in mind.

Paul DePaola May 8, 2014 at 12:51 am

Oh how I agree with you!!!
ABC is NOT the only game in town!!!

cyntho May 2, 2014 at 12:56 pm

dont cancel it pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee i like it very much

Sam May 1, 2014 at 4:48 pm

DON’T CANCEL THIS SHOW. IT’S MY SUNDAY NITE PROGRAM!!!!!! I LUV IT!!!

Brow May 2, 2014 at 12:51 am

Stuart Townsend (Jack) has already been seen on the new show Black Box…might have just been a cameo but he was there. Will see if he’s actually one of the regulars. Betrayal is already long gone.

Tiffany May 2, 2014 at 2:48 pm

I’ve been watching Black Box and I haven’t seen him. I looked it up as well and couldn’t find him. Either way I would love to see betrayal back on tv. Love that show!

Nancy April 29, 2014 at 10:38 pm

Totally love this show!!!! The problem is Sunday night, 10pm. People work Monday morning. Put this hit show on a Friday or Saturday and watch the ratings go through the roof. Its amazing, love, sex, intrigue, politics, family issues. Bring it back, PLEASE!!!

Bro April 29, 2014 at 11:35 pm

It was reported as cancelled months ago……for good. Season finale certainly looked and felt like a finale for the show to me. But unfortunately, your wishes would not work at all. Friday nights has long been known as the night where shows go to die. So, Betrayal’s ratings probably would have suffered even more on Friday or Saturday night…so many people are not home on those nights…they are out doing things other that TV watching after a long week.

Joann April 29, 2014 at 2:19 pm

This is ridiculous, betrayal is a hit show! This world has so much new ideas and is constantly revolving and upgrading. So what no one picks Sunday at 10pm to watch this show it doesn’t mean to cancel it cable company’s have on demand. Your own company shows the episodes online. So while your searching for a hit show to fill in the 10pm slot you passed on it already!

Anonymous April 28, 2014 at 9:01 pm

Omg, NOOOOOOO, DO NOT CANCL BETRAYAL! I love this show nd can’t wait for season 2!!!!! Please bring it back!!

Anonymous April 28, 2014 at 8:50 pm

I love Betrayal! This show will have you at the edge of your seat! You just never know what’s gonna happen next! So please don’t cancel this show! Give Betrayal A Chance!

Anonymous April 28, 2014 at 12:17 am

Give it another season

Anonymous April 27, 2014 at 1:02 pm

Bring the show back I loved it…I hate when they do this to a good show

Anonymous April 27, 2014 at 8:54 pm

ABC always does this to good shows. Get you all hooked and then cancel the show. I hated when the cancelled pan am too. Stop canceling good shows!!!

Anonymous April 27, 2014 at 11:18 pm

I love the show. I agree with other comments. You get hooked and then gone.