Betrayal: Has It Been Cancelled? Will There Be Season Two?

Betrayal canceled? season two?ABC has been searching for a ratings hit to fill the Sundays at 10pm timeslot. Turns out that Betrayal isn’t that show but could it still return for a second season? Has it already been cancelled?

Betrayal revolves around professional photographer Sara (Hannah Ware) and top attorney Jack (Stuart Townsend) who, despite being married to other people, have a torrid affair. Things become even more complicated when Sara’s husband and Jack end up on the opposite sides of a murder trial. The rest of the cast includes Henry Thomas, Chris Johnson, Wendy Moniz, Braeden Lemasters, Elizabeth McLaughlin, and James Cromwell.

The series debuted in September and got off to a slow start with a 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.16 million total viewers. The numbers got even worse in week two, dropping more than 24%. In week three, they dropped another 26%.

Should Betrayal be cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

In short, the ratings were awful but the network didn’t pull the series off the air and a rep even said that ABC was sticking with the show. Why? Likely because they’d already cancelled another new drama, Lucky 7, and fellow freshman Once Upon a Time in Wonderland was also tanking.

Though Betrayal’s ratings have leveled off, that doesn’t mean that ABC is any more satisfied with the numbers and there’s just no way that they’re bring it back for a second season. It’s still on the air because they didn’t have anything to take its place.

The network has released their plans for early 2014 and, to no surprise, Betrayal isn’t part of them. That’s not an outright cancellation but, realistically, there’s as much hope of this show coming back as there being a second season of Pan Am or GCB.

ABC has taken to calling Betrayal a limited series which wouldn’t have stopped them from making a second season had the ratings been stronger. Hopefully for the fans who have stuck with it, the show will end in a satisfying way and won’t not leave a bunch of unresolved storylines.

What do you think? Do you like Betrayal? Would you like to see a second season or does the show deserve to be cancelled? Why didn’t it catch on?

Betty May 11, 2014 at 8:37 am

Absolutely looove this show and my mom also does!!! Please we want second season, please don’t cancel it!!!

Rose May 11, 2014 at 1:37 am

According to the tv guide Betrayal has been cancelled already. Sorry to see it go!!

Sus May 10, 2014 at 5:38 pm

PLEASE don’t cancel! It’s a great show!

Ashley May 9, 2014 at 1:49 am

Please please have a second season!! I need to know more!! I love this show and spent three days watching all 13 episodes again.. I need to see what happens next! It is such a great show!! Thank you for season 1 now bring on season 2!!!

kaye May 8, 2014 at 11:07 pm

one of the best shows on TV. don’t understand why the ratings were bad, its alot better than most of the crap on TV now even the Scandal show. Betrayal had good actors, a good story line. I wish it would come back

Debbie May 8, 2014 at 10:59 am

Love, love, the show.. why would you cancel it?? You left us with cliffhangers, bring back for season 2!! Maybe put on different day

Paul DePaola May 8, 2014 at 12:48 am

What are you guys at ABC doing these days?
Someone thinks a series should be axed because some rating are low…well, CHANGE THER DAY AND TIME to where there is no competition you will get a following!!!
The storyline and acting was GREAT!!

SHAME on you guys at ABC.

BTW bring back PanAm too!!!!

Marcelle May 7, 2014 at 8:44 pm

I love the show. Keep the series going please thank you.

Pietro Conconi May 7, 2014 at 4:08 pm

I Loved it! I vote for a new season

Denise Smith May 7, 2014 at 3:26 pm

I absolutely love the show. The way it ended leaves the doors open for a second season. Please bring it back. I defiantly agree that it is a real to life concept and I absolutely love the woman who plays Sara; she is exquisite. What a match for Jack; played by Stuart Townsend; he’s very sexy!!!

Florence Tushabe May 7, 2014 at 9:35 am

I wish Betrayal Season 2 is released. Sara and Jack will never be happy without eachother. Drew and Ellen too. So its better that Sara and Jack re-connect.

BB May 8, 2014 at 12:04 am

Guess I missed something here…though I never missed an episode. Who is Ellen?

Phyllis Cosgrove May 7, 2014 at 8:03 am

I loved Betrayal I have seen worse shows that stayed on the air hope it is renewed

Sandy Sanford May 7, 2014 at 1:15 am

Please, please bring back “Betrayal” TV series… I love the story line plot and all the characters… It deserves to have another chance, I will tell all my friends…

Alicia May 6, 2014 at 11:13 pm

Loved it! Sad to see it go.

bea May 6, 2014 at 4:44 pm

Betrayal is amazing@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!please do not cancel it……………The story line is so down to real situations that go on in this crazy world…………also not having all the bad language in it, makes it more enjoyable. …………………………….keep the series going…
sincerely, be