Betrayal

Betrayal TV show on ABC: cancel or renew?Network: ABC
Episodes: 13 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: September 29, 2013 — January 19, 2014.
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Hannah Ware, Henry Thomas, Chris Johnson, Wendy Moniz, Braeden Lemasters, Elizabeth McLaughlin, Stuart Townsend, and James Cromwell.

TV show description:
Based on the Dutch drama series Overspel, this dramatic series revolves around a beautiful photographer who begins an affair with the lawyer for a powerful family.

Following a chance meeting between professional photographer Sara Hanley (Hannah Ware) and top attorney Jack McAllister (Stuart Townsend), the two discover they have an instant and undeniable attraction. Unfortunately, they’re both already married. Sara and Jack realize something is missing in their marriages, and fight against the realization that they’ve met their soulmates in one another.

Sara is married to Drew Stafford (Chris Johnson), a successful prosecutor with political aspirations, and they have a seven-year-old son, Oliver, together.

Unbeknownst to Sara, Jack is the in-house counsel to a powerful and shady entrepreneur, Thatcher Karsten (James Cromwell). Jack is married to Thatcher’s daughter, Elaine (Wendy Moniz). She’s is a smart and determined woman who’s trying to make her Chicago café a success on her own terms — while still being a good mother to their 16-year-old twins, Valerie (Elizabeth McLaughlin) and Victor (Braeden Lemasters).

As Sara and Jack struggle with their feelings and their guilt, Thatcher’s brother-in-law is murdered, and all evidence points to Thatcher’s mentally-challenged son, T.J. Karsten (Henry Thomas).

Things become even more complicated when Sara’s husband becomes the prosecuting attorney in the high-profile murder case, a case that could secure his political future. Jack will be the lawyer for the defense.

The lovers quickly find themselves in an impossible situation -– on opposite sides of a murder investigation.

Series Finale:
Episode #13 — “…A Better Place”
In the aftermath of Sara’s shooting, the two families are forced to confront decisions they’ve made, as well as look to the future.
First aired: January 19, 2014.

What do you think? Do you like the Betrayal TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

856 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. peggy says

I love this show. But I hate how they show this show a few months and then don’t show it for several months. Just like Dallas and Revenge. It is kind of like reading a book half way and then not reading the other half for 6 months. I hate this.

2. Patricia says

I am very impressed by this show, it leaves me in anticipation of what is going to happen next. The cast are incredibly talented and I give to them their due. Please renew this show for further episodes and Season 2. I am a lifetime watcher but switch to ABC for this show alone. Good Luck and thank you to the cast members, you have me riveted.

3. Sylvia Leal says

Please don’t cancel this show!!! I’m a big fan!!! Love the show and its actors and actresses!! Incredible story…it’s been a long time that I have loved a drama series. Every Sunday…I do everything i need to do…just to be ready to watch my show Betrayal!! Please don’t take this show away.

4. E says

Actors aren’t needed for reality and talk shows so they cost less to produce. They don’t need writers and wardrobe people etc. When there is a good show, good actors and good plot, right away the network wants to cancel the show.

5. says

PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL BETRAYAL….VERY DISAPPOINTED TO THNK THIS IS A POSSIB ILITY!!! I AM WRITING THIS ON BEHALF OF MYSELF AND SEVERAL FRENDS AND FAMILY MEMBERS. WE LOVE THIS SHOW & LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING IT EVERY WEEK!!! GREAT CAST, ACTING, WRITING. ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS PRODUCED IN A LONG TIME. HOLDS OUR ATTENTION FROM THE MINUTE EACH EPISODE BEGINS. THE HOUR GOES BY TOO QUICKLY AND CANNOT WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT WEEK TO WATCH THE NEXT EPISODE PLEASE CONSIDER RENEWING IT FOR A SECOND SEASON WHICH WOULD BE GREAT!! GOOD SHOWS LIKE THIS ARE REALLY APPRECIATED.

• Dawn. Jessup. Pa says

Hello I am the biggest betrayal fan going. Everyone download the watchabc app tell them in feedback that u want season two !!! Also. Go to peoplechoiceawards vote everyday fav new tv drama. I do !!!!! We can save this show !!!!

6. Esther says

It’s about time we get a good show and not all these stupid reality shows. PLEASE DO NOT cancel this show – best drama ever!! Love the brilliant cast.

7. Kim says

I love this show! Please don’t cancel. It’s so different from other shows on TV. Its awesome that there are so many new shows out this season that AREN’T reality shows. Reality TV is getting old, boring, and looking as cheap as they are to produce! There are way too many!

8. Anna-Maria says

I think it is really good – would like it if there was season 2 I am enjoying it immensely it is well written and the cast is brilliant.

9. Johnnie Hardy says

I think Betrayal should be renewed. I wonder if the television networks are considering the people who watch online…due to a very busy schedule…I love being able to watch my favorite shows…I would love to not have to watch the commercials but I do understand that some have to be endured.