Big Brother: Summer 2012 Ratings (Thursdays)

CBS Big Brother ratingsIt’s hard to believe that this is the 14th season of Julie Chen and Big Brother. Will this year’s “all-star” coach twist bring in higher ratings for CBS?

Here are the TV show’s ratings for Thursday editions of the Summer 2012 season, the best way to tell if Big Brother is going to be cancelled or renewed for season 15. Big Brother typically airs on Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday nights on the CBS network.

Check out our CBS summer ratings report card to see how this show’s numbers compare with the others on the network.

Final Thursday season averages: 2.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.99 million total viewers.

UPDATE: CBS has renewed Big Brother for a 15th season which will air next summer.

Thursday, 09/13/12
2.0 in the demo (-13% episode-to-episode change) with 5.75 million.
Season averages: 2.15 in the demo with 5.99 million.

Thursday, 09/06/12
2.3 in the demo (+16% episode-to-episode change) with 6.20 million.
Season averages: 2.17 in the demo with 6.01 million.

Thursday, 08/30/12
1.9 in the demo (-17% episode-to-episode change) with 5.45 million.
Season averages: 2.15 in the demo with 5.99 million.

Thursday, 08/23/12
2.3 in the demo (+5% episode-to-episode change) with 6.28 million.
Season averages: 2.19 in the demo with 6.07 million.

Thursday, 08/16/12
2.2 in the demo (+22% episode-to-episode change) with 6.13 million.
Season averages: 2.17 in the demo with 6.03 million.

Thursday, 08/09/12
1.8 in the demo (-10% episode-to-episode change) with 5.03 million.
Season averages: 2.16 in the demo with 6.01 million.

Thursday, 08/02/12
2.0 in the demo (-9% episode-to-episode change) with 5.46 million.
Season averages: 2.25 in the demo with 6.26 million.

Thursday, 07/26/12
2.2 in the demo (0% episode-to-episode change) with 6.11 million.
Season averages: 2.33 in the demo with 6.52 million.

Thursday, 07/19/12
2.2 in the demo (-15% episode-to-episode change) with 6.27 million.
Season averages: 2.40 in the demo with 6.72 million.

Thursday, 07/12/12
2.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 7.18 million total viewers.
Season averages: 2.60 in the demo with 7.18 million.

Compared to last season’s Big Brother debut, CBS was down slightly; by 7% in the demo (vs. a 2.8 rating) and down by 9% in viewership (vs 7.89 million).

What do you think? Do you like the Big Brother TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a 15th season?

Anonymous July 28, 2013 at 9:31 pm

I hate the show please cancel. CANCEL!

Timpossible April 15, 2013 at 8:03 am

Oh for the love of God Puh-leeze cancel this show!!! It has to be one of the dullest and stupidest competitive reality shows out there (including the Bachelor shows). This sorry show should’ve been put out of its misery within the first three seasons, but noooo, we can’t cancel the network presidents wife’s show now can we? Bullcrap!

Tee September 15, 2012 at 8:31 am

I totally agree with PatC. I use to love this show. I stopped watching after the first episode of this season. I didn’t like that the one black person on the show was voted out the first night. I would love to see a more diverse BB.

SSab September 30, 2012 at 9:50 pm

Agreed! I was so disgusted by the first episode that I my heart just wasn’t in it anymore, although I did try to keep an open mind. CBS should know by now that they have a diverse audience and to make such a stupid oversight 14 seasons in is ridiculous!

JoJo September 13, 2012 at 4:23 am

I love BB … Frank was the BEST player and I was disappointed he didn’t make it to the Final Two. He should have won. I think Dan went too far in his lying about his wife, etc. You have to have some integrity and draw the line SOMEWHERE. He knows no boundaries. I think that Shane and Danielle are a cut couple. Their chemistry has been building until now I think they have started a real relationship that will carry on off-screen. Please bring back BB15!

Dawn M. September 12, 2012 at 5:45 pm

I love big brother and really really hope they do not cancel it I only started watching on season 10 but I’ve resent watched older seasons online I love it and I have a 9 year old son who ask loves it we watch it together each night THIS IS THE ONLY SHOW THAT I LIKE THAT I ACTIALLY GET TO WATCH DURING THE SUMMER OTHER THEN BIG BROTHER ITS ALWAYS CARTOONS AND KID SHOWS ITS THE ONLY SHOW WE BOTH REALLY ENJOY SO PLEASE DON’T CANCEL THE ONE AND SHOW I HAVE DURING SUMMERS!! This is my favorite tv show of all

Anne Price September 11, 2012 at 8:08 pm

PLZ dont cancel the show! Although it wasnt the best season I still enjoy watching as does my daughter We spend our summers together watching the show !!!!
tks ANNE

Anonymous August 12, 2012 at 4:40 pm

Love the show my favorite

Lala4mc July 27, 2012 at 9:32 am

This season is a big disappointment!!! Bad idea to have coaches. Casting was pathetic this time! Dullsville! I was a die hard fan, now I could care less.

Kevin Silvestris July 23, 2012 at 5:51 pm

I think that Big Brother is in its final season this summer and after that, CBS may very well cancel Big Brother from the airwaves for good and not be renewed at all.

gradstu July 17, 2012 at 7:13 am

I’ve followed BB from the very first show of the first season. I really enjoyed it until they started bringing back past contestants. I also don’t think I’ll be watching this season because the “Team Coaches” really tool a lot away from the original concept of the show. Whoever said yes to that idea really messed up. Personally, I feel that it was a bad strategic move for the show. Please, Please, Please go back to basics. The show was better before all the changes started taking place. You have just lost a fan.

lukie August 5, 2012 at 6:26 pm

It gets so Boring when you bring back Old Characters that are so full of themselves. Give some new people a Chance.

PatC July 15, 2012 at 11:11 am

The series appears to be bias toward other races. The caucasian race is what it appears to be geared toward. It would be more fun and enjoyable if we could see more Asians, Latinos, Blacks, in all new seasons and not just pile them all in one season and maybe see none in any seasons for 2-3 years. This makes the show boring. It also doesn’t make for true reality. I feel that the producers need to keep in mind that the U.S. doesn’t consist of just the white race. Our country needs to see races coexisting with other races. This would make for a great learning experience for all, especially the young. You are in a superb position to send a great message and learning experience. I think this should be a greater focus for the shows outcome!!

Duane July 14, 2012 at 9:38 am

Used to really like it. Fav. season was when the Tommy Lee look a like won. Don’t want to see previous players! Also. maybe 4-5 older players to keep the older watchers interested. At least they don’t cry or whine. All they do now is bring in eye candy and bonehead personalities.

robycop3 July 14, 2012 at 2:50 am

It’s stunk from day One. Makes me glad I have 160 channels. Hope it tanx soon. Down with all dating/relationship reality shows!