Big Shots: ABC Pulls Struggling Drama Yet Again

Big ShotsAfter a brief return to ABC primetime, Big Shots has been dropped from the schedule once again.

In a typical season, this move wouldn’t come as much of a surprise as Big Shots has consistently lost a significant percentage of its Grey’s Anatomy lead-in audience. But this season, with the dwindling amount of original scripted programming, the networks have been leaving shows on the air that might otherwise have been cancelled.

Big Shots ran for seven consecutive weeks, was replaced for two and then returned for one. The November 29th return attracted a weak six million viewers; a 2.6 million drop from the previous episode.

For the remainder of December, ABC is replacing Big Shots with repeats of Private Practice. Considering that Practice is a spin-off of Grey’s, the network is likely expecting to see better numbers for the reruns than original episodes of Big Shots.

ABC’s January schedule hasn’t been announced as yet. Will the unaired episodes of Big Shots see the light of day in 2008? Stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

Anonymous October 5, 2008 at 7:40 pm

put big shots back on

Rossie July 20, 2008 at 5:44 pm

Big Shots is the Best Ever – I cannot believe the ABC execs can pull out something so great with such great chemistry. Instead we have a bunch of crappy reality shows. You have lost me forever! Seems the only good thing on tv was Desperate Housewives and Big Shots and Greys Anatomy ….How can you guys not see this is a show that will eventually bring in the masses. First, it certainly touched on intelligent folk first!

acw July 1, 2008 at 4:25 am

Big Shots is a great show…I too can’t believe it won’t be returning. Please bring it BACK. NO I didn’t like anything that was supposed to replace it. No I didn’t watch the reruns of Private Practice. It’s not all that. Look how well the house wives did…Big Shots was the Male version that I looked forward to every week. The writers strike messed up a lot of people on their TV viewing schedule. GIVE IT ANOTHER CHANCE. I’ll keep looking for the return…P L E A S E?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Rachel June 23, 2008 at 6:15 pm

this is the best show ever!!!!! Please have it come back! my whole family absoloutly loves it and looks forward to it all the time!!!!!!

Nicole May 22, 2008 at 8:26 pm

I can’t believe that Big Shots was cancelled. The Thursday night line-up was awesome. Ugly Betty, Grey’s and Big Shots. I’d be set for the rest of the week. This show deserves another chance,

Hany and Alice February 12, 2008 at 7:31 pm

We couldn’t believe it when we heard that Big Shots was being cancelled. This show has such great story lines; especially following Grey’s Anatomy. That was a GREAT show lineup – Ugly Betty, Grey’s and Big Shots. Wouldn’t it be wise to see how the show fairs not that the writer’s strike is over? Alot of viewers were probably channel surfing knowing that pretty much all of the shows were in reruns. There aren’t many shows on that are worth watching. I thnk the execs should reconsider their decision and give Big Shots alittle more time. They might be surprised…..