Big Shots: ABC Pulls the Series, Will It Be Back?

Big ShotsABC is moving some shows around for the November sweeps period and, as part of that, is pulling freshman drama Big Shots.

Big Shots follows the lives of four businessmen who are successful in business but whose personal lives are a bit of a mess. The series stars Michael Vartan, Dylan McDermott, Christopher Titus, and Joshua Malina. Big Shots debuted on September 27, 2007 and six episodes have aired thus far. The premiere attracted a mediocre 11.6 million, losing about nine million from the premiere of Grey’s Anatomy that preceded it. The ratings have been slipping ever since and the most recent episode attracted just 7.3 million. (Numbers based on overnight ratings.)

Its no surprise that ABC is pulling Big Shots for at least part of the November sweeps. Women’s Murder Club will take its place for a special Thursday night airing on November 15th. Then, on November 22nd, October Road will kick off it’s second season before settling into it’s Monday night timeslot a few days later.

It looks like Big Shots may return to Thursday nights on November 29th. If the writers’ strike continues for very long, ABC will certainly want to make use of any current scripted content that’s already been completed.

However, Big Shots is one of the few freshman shows that were not given orders for additional scripts or episodes in advance of the impending strike. That fact alone puts the series’ future in question. It’s not known how many of Big Shots’ 13 episode order have been completed or scripted. One way or the other, the show’s production will probably be shutting down in a few weeks at most.

As the writers’ strike goes on, ABC will be faced with some serious economic decisions. They’ll have to decide how long they want to keep paying actor and production expenses for a mid-to-low rated show that’s not even in production. At this point, it’s looking doubtful that Big Shots will survive. Stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

L Seiter September 10, 2008 at 10:59 am

bring big shots back!!!!!!!!!! I love it

Jim July 31, 2008 at 12:55 pm

BRING THEM BACK!!! It’s agreat great show. 2hell with reality shows!!

Jackie July 7, 2008 at 4:12 pm

Please bring Big Shots back!! This is the only show my husband and I watch together!! We think it is sooo good!! Actually we look forward to it! Don’t cancel it!

sherron nelson June 2, 2008 at 10:39 am

I can’t believe with all the B.S on T.V that creepee teen show on cw where rich teen kids . Having sex and screwing over each other is kool and fun and aways the right thing to do! We the adults can’t have a great show were theirs women real women , who look beautiful have careers family believe in marriage. Then of course theirs these handsome, smart, sexy, and most of them care about . The in their lives. oh yeah, and it’s funny as heaven! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!! BEING IT BACK .

SIGN ONE OF THOUSAND REAL WOMEN. S.N M

Rocklin Ca. Fans May 28, 2008 at 12:20 am

“Big Shots” This is rediculous.. Cashmier Maffia, October Road. I have never watched much TV and after this past season I am not going to try. For the first time ever myself and people everywhere were saying; “There are so many great shows on TV now” awesome, and then gas prices skyrocket, Real Estate dives heavy towards hell, people are staying in and the networks are canceling all that they have in quality television shows while all the news stations are cutting back on sports coverage and increasing their weather coverage. “WHY?” I ask, I can see and feel the weather, I don’t need anyone to tell me if I was hot or cold earlier in my day.. I need to know the score of the game being played across the country and then stay home save money and watch a decent show on cable that I still can afford to pay for, but hey wait.. They canceled all the decent shows. “What the Heck??? Bring them back please… and stop waisting all the time of loyal viewers.

KEITH May 7, 2008 at 2:06 pm

BIG SHOTS WAS ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS GOING FOR THE CERTAIN AGE GROUP OF PROFESSIONAL MEN IN A LONG TIME. I HOPE IT COMES BACK.

Teresa February 13, 2008 at 9:55 am

Just to let you know I have really enjoyed watching the show I really look forward to Thursday nights, and now they are going to take it off that really upsets me it is a very good show.

Paflowergarden February 7, 2008 at 7:57 pm

This show is the greatest. Please don’t take it off because I reallyl enjoy it and it’s just beginning to get interesting

Paula G February 4, 2008 at 8:26 pm

Please don’t cancel Big Shots. It is one of the best shows they have on this season. Why don’t they cancel one of those reality shows.

Erick J. February 1, 2008 at 4:00 pm

If this show gets taken off of the air, I will refuse to watch ABC. This is the best show on TV…….Dirty, Sexy, Money is good, too. But, BIG SHOTS is waaaaaaaaay better….

G January 12, 2008 at 7:26 am

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE? THIS SHOW IS GREAT AND IT’S A SHOW MY HUSBAND AND I WATCH TOGETHER.DON’T CANCEL PLEASE.

Anonymous January 11, 2008 at 11:46 pm

Removing this show would be a horrible decision – the storyline was just getting good! KEEP BIG SHOTS ON AIR

Gordon January 11, 2008 at 3:46 am

This is the ONLY tv show i watch LIVE. Everything else i download, and i’ll tell you. After i’ve watched the show, i download it TOO. Its that good, and if ABC cancels it, they’re only further proving they’re asleep at the wheel. Advertisers should take their money and bank on a different network. Clearly, ABC doesn’t care about putting your message in a good show.

Leah January 8, 2008 at 6:43 pm

Bring Big Shots back it was a great show. I hope that ABC makes a good decsion and brings it back. Funny Funny Funny, Love it.

Kim Mak January 6, 2008 at 4:39 pm

I absolutely love this show! I hope ABC reconsiders and places it back in the lineup. It is awesome and very entertaining.