Black Box: Has the ABC TV Show Been Cancelled?

Black Box TV show canceled or season two?ABC recently cancelled several shows (Mixology, Suburgatory, Betrayal, etc.) and renewed many others (Resurrection, Revenge, The Goldbergs, etc.). What about the new Black Box series that airs on Thursday nights?

The show revolves around a beautiful and brilliant neuroscientist (Kelly Reilly) who’s hiding the fact that she’s bipolar. The rest of the cast includes Ditch Davey, David Ajala, Terry Kinney, Ali Wong, David Chisum, Laura Fraser, Siobhan Williams, and Vanessa Redgrave.

The show debuted on April 24th to a poor 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.87 million viewers. The ratings have gotten even worse as the weeks have progressed. This week’s installment hit a new low with a 1.1 rating and 4.31 million.

While ABC hasn’t cancelled Black Box, they surely will. The ratings have just been too low to be renewed for a second season.

The question now is, “Will all of the episodes air?” There are nine episodes remaining. If the ratings keep going down, the network could easily pull the show and replace it with reruns. Hopefully they’ll either air or release them so the show’s small audience can see them.

What do you think? Do you think that Black Box should be cancelled or renewed for a second season? Do you think ABC should air all of the episodes they have?

Victoria July 25, 2014 at 12:03 pm

Love it!!

Joan July 25, 2014 at 12:01 pm

My husband and I really enjoy this show and think it should be renewed for 2nd season. Please don’t cancel!

loverofblackbox July 25, 2014 at 11:34 am

It is an amazing show with a very talented cast. Please don’t cancel!!

ANGEL July 25, 2014 at 11:12 am

PLEASE RENEW BLACK BOX, IT IS ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS THAT WAS ON THIS SEASON. THE ACTING IS REALY WONDERFUL, KELLY REILLY IS THE BEST AND VERY WELL SUITED FOR HER PART! THE STORYLINE IS THE BEST! LOOKING FOWARD TO MANY OTHER EPISODES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Rachel Hunter July 25, 2014 at 11:04 am

Please do not cancel this series. It is educational as well as enjoyable. It not only teaches us about illnesses that happen to people, but treatments that are available to help or cure these illnesses. It also shows us some of the things that go on in the personal lives of physicians and surgeons. I love the show and feel it would be a shame not to air it another season and not to show all episodes.

becky gainey July 25, 2014 at 11:03 am

Black box is just amazing!!!! I suffer just like catherine on the show. It is amazing to see someome else surviving the highs and lows that I go through. I really got an eye opening with this show. Please do not cancel it. It gives me something to hope for. A better treatment may be in store. The actors have mesmorized me every week. It is a horrible thing havimg to deal with this level of bipolar in real everyday life. Catherine shows me the good and bad ihave experienced. I love this show!!!!!

gloria July 25, 2014 at 10:53 am

Send a request for them to renew Black Box. Maybe we can convince them to keep the show on the air. It’s worth a try.

Ana July 25, 2014 at 10:50 am

Although it might be off with some things, this show really captures the struggle of living with mental illness and having to hide it from those around you for shame or fear . I love the character and show should definitely continue!

Alexis July 25, 2014 at 10:44 am

Black Box cannot be cancelled! It’s a brilliant show! Please don’t take it off the air!

Alesia Poland July 25, 2014 at 10:42 am

Definitely a great series and should be renewed! The plot line keeps you hooked and the actresses and actors play excellent roles, especially the character of Catherine Black. If you did not watch it, I strongly recommend downloading it. Please renew this series ABC, it’s a captivating series! I absolutely loved it!

Gloria July 25, 2014 at 10:31 am

Awesome show!!! It reminds me of House, MD and everyone knows what a long run that show had. Please re-new for future seasons!!!

Gretchen July 25, 2014 at 10:26 am

I was skeptical about this show at first but they definitely got better as they went along. Just watched finale and , naturally, there is a cliffhanger. Hopefully this will mean that it wil be renewed.

Anonymous July 25, 2014 at 10:21 am

Renewed

michele July 25, 2014 at 10:09 am

Please don’t cancel this show. It’s the best show I have watched on a network in years

EMM July 25, 2014 at 10:08 am

As an unfortunate person who comes from a family with mental illness and diagnosed bi-polar myself I can relate to this show. I’ve been a fan since episode 1 & will be very depressed no pun intended (well may be). I think it’s important to air a show about mental illness since its such a missunderstood medical problem more people than we care to admit are dealing with. Those that think its over the top how Dr. Black portrays the illness let me just say there’s no exaggeration. I was raised by a single parent who was very much the same if not worse. The show actually helps me in some weird way deal with issues as a victim of bi-polar and
now one who struggles with mental illness myself