Black Box: Has the ABC TV Show Been Cancelled?

Black Box TV show canceled or season two?ABC recently cancelled several shows (Mixology, Suburgatory, Betrayal, etc.) and renewed many others (Resurrection, Revenge, The Goldbergs, etc.). What about the new Black Box series that airs on Thursday nights?

The show revolves around a beautiful and brilliant neuroscientist (Kelly Reilly) who’s hiding the fact that she’s bipolar. The rest of the cast includes Ditch Davey, David Ajala, Terry Kinney, Ali Wong, David Chisum, Laura Fraser, Siobhan Williams, and Vanessa Redgrave.

The show debuted on April 24th to a poor 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.87 million viewers. The ratings have gotten even worse as the weeks have progressed. This week’s installment hit a new low with a 1.1 rating and 4.31 million.

While ABC hasn’t cancelled Black Box, they surely will. The ratings have just been too low to be renewed for a second season.

The question now is, “Will all of the episodes air?” There are nine episodes remaining. If the ratings keep going down, the network could easily pull the show and replace it with reruns. Hopefully they’ll either air or release them so the show’s small audience can see them.

What do you think? Do you think that Black Box should be cancelled or renewed for a second season? Do you think ABC should air all of the episodes they have?

rita July 26, 2014 at 2:48 pm

Love the black box. Please don’t cancel! As a person suffering from epilepsy it is a great way to bring to light certain neurological issues. The poor ratings have to be from the time of year it premièred. If I hadn’t been able to DVR the series I wouldn’t have been able to catch any of them

Beatrice July 26, 2014 at 2:34 pm

Love the show!

Anonymous July 26, 2014 at 2:23 pm

They need to renew. Great show. If they do not renew, at least release the other 9 episodes, please.

alice wheeler July 26, 2014 at 2:22 pm

Do not cancel. I am fascinated watching her performance. Keep some good things on network television, please

Kaygirl July 26, 2014 at 2:21 pm

Took me a couple of shows to decide if I liked it or not. I like the show a lot and would hate to see it cancelled. There are so many garbage reality shows on that a different kind of series is refreshing. It also brings to light many of the problems those who are bi-polar have to deal with.

Kim July 26, 2014 at 1:51 pm

I hope this show is not cancelled!! I love “Black Box”!!
There are few shows that make the audience think, and this is great!
Please bring it back for a second season!!

Linda July 26, 2014 at 1:37 pm

I think this show is great and deserves a 2nd season!

Misty July 26, 2014 at 3:34 pm

Great show, please don’t cancel give the show a 2nd chance!

Tom July 26, 2014 at 1:24 pm

I think the show is great. The stories and the acting are terrific. Sad if they cxl it. Another good show gone and all the crap is still on!

Jacquelyn July 26, 2014 at 1:11 pm

Please do not cancel Black Box! I agree with everyone who loves the show… and it most certainly cannot end with Catherine being fired by a jealous nurse!

DA July 26, 2014 at 1:10 pm

Love this show!!! I certainly hope it is not cancelled! Agree with others, tired of Housewives of this state, and that state!

Cindy July 26, 2014 at 12:57 pm

Please , Please do not cancel this show! It is fabulous! It takes the understanding of mental health illness to a whole new level! Also, when considering ratings of a new show…do they take into mind the time of year? It aired spring and summer during, many vacations and breaks. People do not usually watch as much TV in the spring and summer months! I’m hooked I hope they keep Black Box coming. I hope they had in some of the complexities of Autism and Asperger’s disorders and Pervasive Developmental Delay (NOS) and the different stages these disorders can present. Yes ! They absolutely show all of the episodes that have not been aired.

Jane July 26, 2014 at 12:39 pm

The Black Box was the best show of the summer season!!! Please do not cancel the wonderful show.

Evelyn July 26, 2014 at 12:36 pm

I find the show growing on me all the time. Kelly is a great actor and the rest of the cast fits in so well. There are so few shows anymore worth watching that I hope this one continues. I love it. My niece is Bi-polar and tells me “Kathryn” portrays it exactly!

Roberta July 26, 2014 at 10:56 am

Please renew this show. The acting is superb & the issues of the dx of bi-polar are
Important for the public to be aware of!!!

The story line is presented in a very personal & professional manner.
Thank you & I hope you do not cancel this show.

sirboss July 26, 2014 at 10:40 am