Black Box: Has the ABC TV Show Been Cancelled?

Black Box TV show canceled or season two?ABC recently cancelled several shows (Mixology, Suburgatory, Betrayal, etc.) and renewed many others (Resurrection, Revenge, The Goldbergs, etc.). What about the new Black Box series that airs on Thursday nights?

The show revolves around a beautiful and brilliant neuroscientist (Kelly Reilly) who’s hiding the fact that she’s bipolar. The rest of the cast includes Ditch Davey, David Ajala, Terry Kinney, Ali Wong, David Chisum, Laura Fraser, Siobhan Williams, and Vanessa Redgrave.

The show debuted on April 24th to a poor 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.87 million viewers. The ratings have gotten even worse as the weeks have progressed. This week’s installment hit a new low with a 1.1 rating and 4.31 million.

While ABC hasn’t cancelled Black Box, they surely will. The ratings have just been too low to be renewed for a second season.

The question now is, “Will all of the episodes air?” There are nine episodes remaining. If the ratings keep going down, the network could easily pull the show and replace it with reruns. Hopefully they’ll either air or release them so the show’s small audience can see them.

What do you think? Do you think that Black Box should be cancelled or renewed for a second season? Do you think ABC should air all of the episodes they have?

Rosalie Gilcrest August 5, 2014 at 1:05 pm

Didn’t get onto this show until the back-to-back feature and then it was GONE. My daughter has manic-depressive illness (Bipolar) and this show pretty much tells it like it is. Too bad the powers that be don’t look at the content more then the ratings. People who watch will get a different view of this horrible illness and the devastation it causes family and friends as well as the person afflicted.

Anonymous August 5, 2014 at 4:48 pm

So true. We need to inform the public and this show
Is excellent. I love the actors and story lines.

Why is it when there is a good show that has reality and truth in everyday people others go crazy and wont or dont want to understand bi polar and schizophrenia. Sad. I hope the
Show continues.

karen August 5, 2014 at 12:47 pm

This is such a good show, I do hope they do not cancel it. Great stories and so good to watch something different and educational!

Nancy August 5, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Please do not cancel this show! It always keeps me interested! I love the characters!

shafique hamshi August 5, 2014 at 6:32 am

please please don’t cancel this Black Box tv show. it’s really insightful about others mental illness. the cast is great and the story is unexpected. please don’t cancel it, just make it better.

Marlene August 5, 2014 at 1:26 am

PLEASE DIN’T CANCEL BLACK BOX. I LOOK FORWARD EVERY THURSDAY NIGHT TO WATCH THIS SHOW. EVERYONE ON THIS SHOW IS MARVELOUS. TELEVISION TODAY DOESN’T GIVE A SHOW LIKE THIS A CHANCE TO AT LEAST GET TWO SEASONS TO PROVE ITSELF.

rhonda August 4, 2014 at 11:07 pm

Love love the show

Al August 4, 2014 at 10:45 pm

please don’t cancel black box I love that show i DVR it every time it on so I won’t miss any of it Thanks

Jackie August 4, 2014 at 10:27 pm

Please do NOT cancel black Box!!! I love this show – so thought provoking & challenging. Never know what’s going to happen next

Judie August 4, 2014 at 10:20 pm

Please don’t cancel The Black Box ! I enjoy this show very much, it is one of the shows I look forward to Watching. Please.

tiffany August 4, 2014 at 9:42 pm

I love this show please don’t cancel it its the only doctor show I’ve ever really liked

Missy Anderson August 4, 2014 at 8:49 pm

Black Box better not be cancelled!!! Everytime I like something it ends up cancelled!! It’s not fair!!!

Rhonda August 4, 2014 at 6:19 pm

PLEASE DON’T CANCEL BLACK BOX! For once in a long time there’s something intelligent and thought provoking on network TV. I will write ABC daily!

Vanessa August 4, 2014 at 4:09 pm

This show is amazing and real! Please don’t cancel. There is so much other garbage on television that gets renewed and quality tv such as this does not.

Peggy August 4, 2014 at 3:26 pm

There shouldn’t cancel it as I am one of the people who has been watching it faithfully. If they decide to cancel PLEASe release the other episodes. Thank you.

Elizabeth August 4, 2014 at 1:41 pm

Love this show. Even got my husband interested. Please don’t cancel it.