Black Box: Season One Ratings

Black Box on ABC ratingsABC gave Black Box a straight-to-series order and ordered 13 episodes without seeing a pilot first. They held it until late in the season (typically not a good sign) on Thursdays at 10pm as a replacement for their hit show, Scandal. Will Black Box live up to expectations? Will it be a ratings success and earn a second season or will it be cancelled instead? Stay tuned.

Black Box revolves around a beautiful and brilliant neuroscientist (Kelly Reilly) who’s hiding the fact that she’s bipolar. The rest of the cast includes Ditch Davey, David Ajala, Terry Kinney, Ali Wong, David Chisum, Laura Fraser, Siobhan Williams, and Vanessa Redgrave.

8/7 update: ABC has cancelled Black Box after one season.

Final season averages: 0.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 4.41 million total viewers.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated charts, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here.

What do you think? Do you like the Black Box TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a second season?

Yvonne Smith July 27, 2014 at 9:48 am

I LOVE this show, and hope it will be renewed. I’ve learned so much from it, and the characters are amazing. After that shocking season finale, I am going to be beyond upset if it’s not renewed. FANTASTIC SHOW. PLEASE RENEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pamang July 27, 2014 at 6:24 am

Please DO NOT cancel this show it rocks all the characters are awesome and great story line. Show it another night or other network, but please bring this show back…

BrainJane July 27, 2014 at 3:25 am

Please do not cancel. For a lot of people television opens up their eyes. I’ve had epilepsy since i was 11 (30 now with 2 yeas post left temporal lobe and hippocampus surgery) but could never talk about it, I love these shows incorporating them. Makes it easier to talk about and for people to understand. This show gets as close to the reality of it as a 45 minute show can. I know many people with mental states and this gets others who dont understand or don’t believe to give it a second thought can look more up about it do more for people with these.
The timing for this show was just bad my sister got into this first episode but having kids and end of school year and into summer events there’s no time for tv! Bring it back for the fall season!!!

JoAnn Birchard July 27, 2014 at 2:01 am

This is really a great show and I hope it doesn’t get cancelled. I have been telling my friends about it but most had never heard of it A lot of viewers are busy with outdoor activities in the summer so hoe they give us more episodes this fall.

Clarese Owens July 27, 2014 at 1:59 am

I really enjoy this series, very well written & performed. Do hope it returns to a regular time slot.

Melane July 27, 2014 at 12:25 am

The show is so different from anything else on tv. I am hooked!

Jessica July 26, 2014 at 10:40 pm

Love this show. Watched it from Episode 1 and was hooked.
Please bring it back for a second season!

William July 26, 2014 at 10:34 pm

I’m watching the season finale now. It doesn’t bode well when they air the last two episodes together as 1. I surely hope it gets a renewal notice. I really like the show and the actors.

Stacey July 26, 2014 at 10:27 pm

This show is absolutely one of the best series that has come onto the set in years! If you view the facebook page for Black Box you will see the unbelievable positive response to the show that people have expressed. NO ONE wants it cancelled and everyone wants to see what happens next. The writing is so interesting, brilliant and sexy all at the same time. Bickman is so attractive and Dr. Black is beautiful and very talented. We NEED this type of quality show on the air. How much reality t.v, game shows and variety shows can one take? I really hope this series continues at least next season!!!!!

Dancer July 26, 2014 at 10:23 pm

I loved this show as well! There are too many questions left, they MUST keep going.

Mickey July 26, 2014 at 9:42 pm

I think the show is a brilliant way of teaching the public about issues with the brain. I personally love the show and think that if ABC allows another season, they will see better ratings. I think that if the public still doesn’t give a better rating, it would be because of the discomfort that most people have with mental illness.

Melissa Taub July 26, 2014 at 9:09 pm

I soooooo LOVE this show !!! I so hope they do NOT cancel it. It is by FAR one of my lifetime FAVORITE shows for many reasons !!!

Athea July 26, 2014 at 7:36 pm

Love this show! Please bring it back!

Rose Anne Trudel July 26, 2014 at 6:44 pm

I love this show, please do a second season.

marion July 26, 2014 at 6:18 pm

I love the show ..I can’t wait for more..as good as scandal!!!