Black Box: Season One Ratings

Black Box on ABC ratingsABC gave Black Box a straight-to-series order and ordered 13 episodes without seeing a pilot first. They held it until late in the season (typically not a good sign) on Thursdays at 10pm as a replacement for their hit show, Scandal. Will Black Box live up to expectations? Will it be a ratings success and earn a second season or will it be cancelled instead? Stay tuned.

Black Box revolves around a beautiful and brilliant neuroscientist (Kelly Reilly) who’s hiding the fact that she’s bipolar. The rest of the cast includes Ditch Davey, David Ajala, Terry Kinney, Ali Wong, David Chisum, Laura Fraser, Siobhan Williams, and Vanessa Redgrave.

8/7 update: ABC has cancelled Black Box after one season.

Final season averages: 0.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 4.41 million total viewers.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated charts, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here.

What do you think? Do you like the Black Box TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a second season?

Linda July 24, 2014 at 9:03 pm

Love the show, it’s about time we see realistic lives, cannot stand reality shows

Debbie July 24, 2014 at 8:59 pm

We love the show..please renew!!

Amicus July 24, 2014 at 8:41 pm

It won’t be renewed, tonight is the burn-off. Black Box failed because of bad writing that didn’t develop the family dynamics and introduced a braggart of a doctor as a romantic interest, he was brash and unlikable, so people weren’t interested in his story, the use of a Chef for the fiancé was a bad call and he was underutilized….there was no integration of storylines, no hand-off from personal to professional life…..Just badly written.

I will miss Reilly but I won’t miss Black Box.

Janice July 24, 2014 at 8:17 pm

Renew, Renew, Renew.
Did I say this show needs to be Renewed?
Please Renew.

Evelyn July 24, 2014 at 7:42 pm

I love Black Box. It is a very entertaining and educational program. I always look forward to see the next episode to see which new cases are going to be presented. I hope that ABC gives the series a chance and renew it for at least another season.

kellyreillyfans on twitter July 24, 2014 at 5:22 pm

Final episodes tonight- Lets get #renewblackbox trnding!!

linda July 24, 2014 at 3:28 pm

I very much like series. The medical cases are very intriguing. Kelly Reilly has bipolar behavior down pat. I should know; I’m bipolar. The stress from her job and private life feed into her realistic mood swings. She and supporting cast are very well trained on all things medical. The only unrealistic Feature Is if we are being Introduced into Kellys existing life, then she has had and is having far too many mood swings at work not have been caught long before this current point in time. Perhaps this can be fixed by her sessions with her Dr-Redgrave where they emphasize her recent workload and engagement and other tremendous pressures hitting her all at once. Happened to me and I ended up hospitalized

Debra July 24, 2014 at 10:10 pm

I love this show. Kelly Reilly is an outstanding actor, smart, beautiful and the show is fabulous. I wait for it every Thursday!

Frank July 22, 2014 at 10:19 pm

RENEW RENEW RENEW, great show!
Have seen all the episodes as they air. Great time slot, can watch defiance on Syfy, and then this.

Linda July 22, 2014 at 6:06 pm

Black box is a smart show. The name stinks ….. Give the show a chance

Frank July 22, 2014 at 10:21 pm

This is pure speculation but I think it comes from Catherine Black and the fact that the hospital she works at is called the “Box”

Ben July 23, 2014 at 12:31 am

It’s called “The Cube” actually.

Charlotte July 23, 2014 at 4:17 pm

It’s actually a line from the first episode, where Catherine says that the scientists also name the brain ‘the black box’.

Jimmy July 22, 2014 at 3:48 am

Oh my god!!! Show is my life, I really hope it gets renewed!

Kim July 22, 2014 at 1:27 am

I love “Black Box”!!! I hope it is renewed.

Jeanine July 21, 2014 at 8:28 pm

One of my new favorite shows. I hope it will be back.

Carosi July 21, 2014 at 2:35 pm

Love Love Love this show!!! I hope it will be renewed for another season.

IC July 20, 2014 at 11:16 pm

Beautiful show. I love it!

Sarah July 20, 2014 at 8:04 pm

Such an intelligent program. I so hope it will renew.