Blood Ties

Blood TiesNetwork: Lifetime
Episodes: 22 (hour)
Seasons: Two

TV show dates: March 11, 2007 — December 7, 2007
Series status: Cancelled/ended

Performers include: Christina Cox, Dylan Neal, Kyle Schmid, Gina Holden, Françoise Yip, Nimet Kanji, Keith Dallas, Eileen Pedde, Brad Turner, and Linda Sorenson.

TV show description:
Toronto-based private investigator Vicki Nelson (Christina Cox) left the police force when she began to lose her eyesight. She ends up partnering with mysterious Henry Fitzroy (Kyle Schmid) who turns out to be a 480-year-old vampire and the illegitimate son of Henry the VIII.

The two slowly become attracted to one another, a situation complicated by Vicki’s long-term relationship with her former police partner and boyfriend, Mike Celluci (Dylan Neal). Once she begins to get involved with Henry, Vicki’s casework slowly shifts from investigating fraud and spousal cheating to combating zombies, ghosts, and demons.

Coreen Fennel (Gina Holden) is hired as Vicki’s assistant in part because of her knowledge of the occult and to keep her quiet about Henry. Other characters include dour coroner Dr. Rajani Mohadevan (Nimet Kanji), sympathetic rookie detective Kate Lam (Francoise Yip), and Mike’s detective partner, philandering Dave Graham (Keith Dallas).

Canceled and renewed TV show

48 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. says

Man…oh Man…WHY!! Why did Blood Ties get cancelled. Of course I have watched True Blood and yea that show rocks, but this show rocks so much more. I love Henry and Edward (True Blood) is cute, but man. I saw this show for the first time just a few days ago and I loved it. I have been staying up late at night to just see the show and whenever I heard that they didn’t have a thrid season going I was mad. I think the people in the Lifetime headquarters need to rethink all of this. Come on people *knock knock* Lifetime people..What gives to cancel everything. This was one damn good show. I rather watch this show then any of the others that you guys have on this channel. If anything..This will probably be the last time I will see this channel if you guys don’t bring back this show. Its just something you in Lifetime made a grave mistake.

2. says

WHEN BLOOD TIES FIRST CAME OUT,PEOPLE DIDN’T KNOW WHAT TO MAKE OF IT AS A SERIES.

NOW,IT IS A HIT. BLOOD TIES HAS A FAN CLUB,PEOPLE ARE LOVING IT AND CAN’T WAIT FOR MORE.

WE THE FANS HAVE TO KEEP IT UP WITH THE PETITIONS AND POSTINGS,OR ELSE THE CANADIAN

NETWORKS AND LIFETIME WILL GIVE UP ON IT ALL TOGETHER.

KEEP UP WITH THE GOOD WORK AND NOT GIVE UP HOPE.

3. says

WISHING AND HOPING WOULD NOT HELP BLOOD TIES,BUT, MAYBE ALL THE PEOPLE WHO SIGN THIS PETITION WILL.

PLEASE BRING BLOOD TIES BACK TO US,THE FANS. WE NEED MORE SERIES OR SEASONS AND MAYBE MORE IN MOVIE SERES WILL BE GREAT AS WELL.

THE FANS AND I WOULD LOVE MORE BLOOD TIES.

4. deana says

I watch alot of Sci Fi show and I have to say this was one of the better vampire shows. I really enjoyed it. It just came out before its time. The vampire movies are just now getting popular. If Lifetime were to bring it back they would really have a money maker. Especially with twilight making a 2nd and 3rd installment.

5. Anonymous says

Please bring back the series! I just finished the last episode and have been googling trying to find out when and where there is to be a 3rd season and now I find out that this was canceled! Please, it’s got everything…love, sci-fi, mystery, and always leaves you wanting more!!!

6. says

Have been watching for a few months and love the show. There is nothing on TV to watch any more – just terrible reality shows. Please bring the series back.

7. Layla-77 says

Please Please Please!!!

Bring it to your consideration of bringing the Blood Ties back, its been so long since i’ve seen a worthy show to watch…even considered to get rid of the sky-box thingy i have, but then seen these series and followed them till the end and because they are indeed unfinished, i even did bit of browsing to see whats the deal…Please, editors, creators, writers, please consider, please BRING OUR LITTLE HOPE TO REALITY, so many people have not commented or voted, but so many of us want the show to continue…We’re just all eager to see a happy ending that will bring that bit of superficial happiness to us…I’m not fan of supernatural stuff that looked unreal, THESE series accomplished the REAL look and kept to historical facts, which is amazing!!!!!

8. Keith says

man I hate when a series you are so interesting in get’s cut down. **** this series was like the only vampire series I ever like buffy the vampire slaughter look like a blondie girl who thinks she is tough. Angel never was interesting in that vampire series because it just had some freakie **** in it. Oh I really hated it when Dark Angel was kicked off that was one of the bad ass series I have both seasons they should of made a third season.

9. Keith says

I enjoy that show I have season one, but not 2. It is a great show other shows i like was Birds of Prey it seems Smallville kick that one to the ground I really enjoyed Charmed.

10. Shazza says

Cmon bring it back! i was CRYING at the end, and i cried harder wen there was no third season! Reality t.v can be found anywhere, but hot vampires and a smexy P.I cant be found everywhere! BRING IT BACK! PLEASE! PLEASE! Lucy has a big point, with twilight being released the hype about this can only get better.

11. Lucy says

Come On Lifetime bring back BLOODTIES now is the time to take advantage with the release and all the ‘hype’ surrounding Twilight movie will only enchance the following and ratings that BLOODTIES already has:) take a lesson from HBO and how they have continued with the series TRUEBLOOD….. so bring back Vicky, Henry and all the cast from the series ‘we miss it’ :(