Blue Bloods: Season Four Ratings

bluebloods32This TV series has managed to survive on Friday nights on CBS but the ratings have been coming down each year. Will Blue Bloods’ numbers be strong enough for the show to be renewed for season five or could it be in danger of being cancelled? We shall see.

Another police procedural series, Blue Bloods revolves around the Irish-American Reagan family and their work as part of the NYPD. The cast includes Tom Selleck, Donnie Wahlberg, Bridget Moynahan, Will Estes, Len Cariou, Amy Carlson, Sami Gayle, Nicholas Turturro, and Marisa Ramirez.

How are your shows doing? Check the season rankings: ABC | CBS | CW | FOX | NBC

3/13 update: This show has been renewed for the 2014-15 season by CBS.

Final season averages: 1.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 11.52 million total viewers.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated charts, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here.

For comparisons: The third season of Blue Bloods averaged a 1.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 10.83 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the Blue Bloods TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a fifth season?

JOHN May 2, 2014 at 11:14 pm

Very well produced, acted and realistic. As do many, I look forward to Friday night TV. only because of Blue Bloods. Other than Hill St. Blues, this is the only “cop” show I record. Perhaps MORE episodes that involve the NYPD’s counter-terrorism unit, the gang unit, air and water patrols, and the political aspects of the NYC Mayor would diversify the show’s appeal. Political intrigue, domestic violence, terrorism, the mob and gangs, and race issues, are more refreshing than episodes containing drugs and bank robbery.

A little spice between Eddie and Jamie would be a good idea. Need to see Erin in the courtroom more. How about a kidnapping of Grandpa to retaliate for Frank’s exceptional diligence ?

CBS, please do not cancel this show !!!

MAGALI April 27, 2014 at 11:54 pm

Please don’t cancel Blue Bloods. It’s one of the best shows om tv! Would agree with the cancellation of other shows presenting disfunctional family or dumb friends. Instead, the show presents good family values, problem solving solutions and absolutely a good influence on our young people. I totally agree that the familly sets higher standards resulting in a better way of life. Watchers may want to emulate them serving their community in a positive way.

Mariali April 27, 2014 at 9:59 pm

I love this show; the cast is outstanding and have positive messages for people and families. We are expecting the 5 th season. Please don’t cancel this show!!!!

Wilma April 27, 2014 at 4:12 pm

Friday night is Blue Bloods. This is a great series. The acting is great, the episodes are well written and it is in NYC , my home town. I love it

carolyn J gunning April 26, 2014 at 5:38 pm

superb acting, we enjoy it so much. continue on your journey.

Anonymous April 26, 2014 at 10:18 am

Wonderful show!

lori April 25, 2014 at 11:17 pm

I look forward to the end of my work week because I know I will have Blue Bloods to watch on television. I don’t watch much television during the week as I have long days and short nights. Friday nights with the Blue Bloods makes every moment a relaxing one. Please don’t cancel as it is the highlight of my weekend. Thank you for listening to my quote.

audrey April 18, 2014 at 7:20 pm

I agree with Barb, I think if the show was on at 9 p.m. instead of 10 p.m. it would be a bonus to the viewers and I think would increase their ratings.

audrey April 18, 2014 at 7:17 pm

I definitely want this series to be renewed as it has become my favorite and am attached to the family. I do think Jennifer Esposito should be back as often as she can . She was the perfect match as a partner for Danny . I do not like the person that replaced her the chemistry was not there. I think it was mean of CBS to treat her the way they did.

Mary April 16, 2014 at 4:57 pm

Blue Bloods is a great show I love it. Donny and Tom make the show it should be renewed for a very long time.

Beth March 31, 2014 at 5:33 pm

I love Blue Bloods and the entire cast. It is the only show that I will watch every week and the only show that is real entertainment as far as I am concerned. The reality shows and the night time soap operas are all junk. I hope and pray that the only thing that people want for entertainment is silly behavior, or sex and violence. Blue Bloods is the only show that has any depth to it and is very entertaining. I do hope it goes into a 5th season.

Lee March 29, 2014 at 5:07 pm

Blue Bloods should be retained.
Otherwise we will be subjected
to kid shows like survival and the
various singing contest shows or
silly shows that only the 25 + kids
Enjoy

Barb March 28, 2014 at 9:12 pm

I really like this show, but I wonder whether the ratings would increase if it wasn’t on at 10:00 P.M. I would really like to see it move to 9:00 or even 8:00.
Keep this one!!

Fay Schmidt March 28, 2014 at 8:12 pm

I think it should be renewed for a fifth season. It’s the only show that I NEVER miss. It’s exciting and yet has the wonderful family feel.

jay March 25, 2014 at 4:39 am

one of the few shows that doesnt promote homosexuality