Blue Mountain State: Cancelled; No Season Four

Blue Mountain State canceled season fourThe game is over for Coach Daniels (Ed Marinaro) and his team. There won’t be a fourth season for Blue Mountain State. The Spike TV series has been cancelled.

The comedy series revolves around the on and off-field antics of Pennsylvania college football powerhouse, Blue Mountain State. Coach Daniels has his hands full with the hijynx of his wife (Denise Richards) and students like team captain Thad (Alan Ritchson), quarterback Alex (Darin Brooks), and team mascot Sammy (Chris Romano).

The comedy performed decently for Spike in season one and realized significant gains in season two. The cable channel reported that the series saw a 33% increase with men 18-34, a 50% climb in men 18-24, and a 14% increase with men 18-49.

Total viewership dropped however in season three which kicked off this past September. While some episodes of season two had attracted 1.25 million viewers, at least one episode of season three garnered only half as many viewers. Spike TV aired the last two episodes of the season on November 30th. It turns out they’ll also be the last of the series as well.

Should BMS have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Lionsgate, the studio that produces Blue Mountain State, apparently considered shopping the series to other outlets but it didn’t work out. The cast and crew were recently told that season four wouldn’t be happening.

While it’s been reported that the show was cancelled due to a decline in ratings, producer Eric Falconer says differently. He tweeted, “BMS wasn’t cancelled because of a drop in ratings. Season 3 was actually up 20% + in all male demographics vs S2. It was a budget issue.”

As recently as last week, Falconer was still hoping to hear that the show had been picked up for season four. However, it seems that State was actually living on borrowed time with Spike — even during season three. Last August, Spike TV executive VP Sharon Levy told Variety that the cable channel would be focusing on only non-scripted programming for the immediate future.

Of the cancellation news, Ritchson wrote, “Sad day for #BMS fans.” He followed that up with, “I can’t thank the dedicated cast, crew, and fans enough for all the love and support. Portraying Thad was a dream come true. I’m grateful.”

Brooks thanked the cast and crew and “everyone who made this show possible…a HUGE thank you!! Love you guys!!”

What do you think? Are you sorry that Blue Mountain State has been cancelled? Would you follow the show to another channel? Would you be interested in a BMS movie?

Canceled and renewed TV show

531 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. josh zygner says

I literally watch this show all the time on netflix. I can watch it over and over again and never get sick of it and laugh my ass off everytime. If they make a movie and have all the same actors ill go and see it and buy it when it comes out. Best show ever. It would be in there best enterest if they made more seasons or made a movie out of this show.

2. Tyler says

This show was awesome to bad they don’t make it anymore. If they made a movie and it showed them playing football in a game the
    n yeah I would like to see it

3. Mattchoo says

This was the best show on TV. I laughed my ass off every show. It was a bunch of crap that they cancelled it. I can think of tons more shows that should have be cancelled first. It would be so freakin awesome if they made a movie about BMS, as long as it was the same people that was on the tv show. I bought the DVDs and I watch them all the time. Thx for the laughs. GO GOATS!

4. silyguy says

i think the ball bags that dropped *BMS* are some fareley ******** i looked up to alex moran seeing all that his lazy but got the stuff that everyone whants and at the end he and thad became good “bro beans”… something must happen people BMS is so cool its a sin how tou guys torture us with no season 4.. 5.. and and and… grow some ballz poeple and get another channel..

5. Mcarmen says

This is a great show and I would follow it to any channel, especially movie channel;} I just watched it on Netflix and just wish I would have known about it when it was still airing, may have even flipped to Spike more often.

6. cory says

I love bms probubly one of my favorite tv shows I was so bumbed when I heard they weren’t going to make another season they so should bms is so funny

7. Bobby says

I am very sad to see this show is no more. I just got done watching it on netflix and found this show very hilarious. People need to realize that its impossible to watch all the shows when they are competing with one another. That’s why its great to have hulu+ and netflix to see shows you might not have ever seen. This show was great and I wish some other channel would pick it up so we can start watching it again.

8. jame says

I just watched every season on netflix and I’m sad that its not on anymore. I wish they would put it back on an I don’t care what channel its on id follow. SO BRING BACK BMS.FOR MORE THEN JUST THE FOURTH SEASON WE WANT ALOT MORE THEN JUST THE FORTH. THANKS AN GO BMS!!!!