Blue Mountain State: Cancelled; No Season Four

Blue Mountain State canceled season fourThe game is over for Coach Daniels (Ed Marinaro) and his team. There won’t be a fourth season for Blue Mountain State. The Spike TV series has been cancelled.

The comedy series revolves around the on and off-field antics of Pennsylvania college football powerhouse, Blue Mountain State. Coach Daniels has his hands full with the hijynx of his wife (Denise Richards) and students like team captain Thad (Alan Ritchson), quarterback Alex (Darin Brooks), and team mascot Sammy (Chris Romano).

The comedy performed decently for Spike in season one and realized significant gains in season two. The cable channel reported that the series saw a 33% increase with men 18-34, a 50% climb in men 18-24, and a 14% increase with men 18-49.

Total viewership dropped however in season three which kicked off this past September. While some episodes of season two had attracted 1.25 million viewers, at least one episode of season three garnered only half as many viewers. Spike TV aired the last two episodes of the season on November 30th. It turns out they’ll also be the last of the series as well.

Should BMS have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Lionsgate, the studio that produces Blue Mountain State, apparently considered shopping the series to other outlets but it didn’t work out. The cast and crew were recently told that season four wouldn’t be happening.

While it’s been reported that the show was cancelled due to a decline in ratings, producer Eric Falconer says differently. He tweeted, “BMS wasn’t cancelled because of a drop in ratings. Season 3 was actually up 20% + in all male demographics vs S2. It was a budget issue.”

As recently as last week, Falconer was still hoping to hear that the show had been picked up for season four. However, it seems that State was actually living on borrowed time with Spike — even during season three. Last August, Spike TV executive VP Sharon Levy told Variety that the cable channel would be focusing on only non-scripted programming for the immediate future.

Of the cancellation news, Ritchson wrote, “Sad day for #BMS fans.” He followed that up with, “I can’t thank the dedicated cast, crew, and fans enough for all the love and support. Portraying Thad was a dream come true. I’m grateful.”

Brooks thanked the cast and crew and “everyone who made this show possible…a HUGE thank you!! Love you guys!!”

What do you think? Are you sorry that Blue Mountain State has been cancelled? Would you follow the show to another channel? Would you be interested in a BMS movie?

Anonymous December 1, 2013 at 2:27 am

BRING IT BACKKKKKKKK

Logan November 28, 2013 at 1:29 am

It sucks they are not making a season 4. I recently started watching the show on netflix and in 4 days i had all three season finished. I was really hoping they would be making a season 4.

Danny November 27, 2013 at 11:29 pm

Bring back BMS I hate that the series is unfinished

Luke November 20, 2013 at 1:02 am

Bring BMS back! What happened to making the viewers first priority. Don’t you want a great show for viewers it was a kick ass show and season 4 should be made or at least a BMS movie

Anonymous November 19, 2013 at 7:08 pm

I can’t believe that they are not making a fourth season. When I heard they were making it, all my high school friends and my current college friends were very disappointed! We all love that show an watch seasons 1-3 over and over because we love it so much! Huge mistake on their part for not making another season.

rachel November 4, 2013 at 3:40 pm

Very very upset that there will not be a season 4 love this show ….i would love to see it come back on the air. More to come its not finished ….!

john November 2, 2013 at 1:49 pm

Blue Mountain State was the best show that was out, their are millions of people now im sure watched it on netflix and love it and many disappointed that their is no season 4. Bring BMS back!!

Ger Ber October 31, 2013 at 5:48 am

Just found out this was canceled. Didn’t know because my cable subscription doesn’t get Spike. . But I really enjoyed watching it on netflix. Revive it!!!!

Mel October 29, 2013 at 12:08 am

Love this show. As does my family! Please bring back season 4!!

Sam October 28, 2013 at 12:12 am

Bring back BMS!!! I would watch on any network anytime anywhere. I just finished season 3 and it really sucks that the show was canceled. Funniest show I have ever seen. Bring it back I can’t say it enough!!!!

Albert Woxberg October 19, 2013 at 7:33 am

OMGASSH! love this show put it back on air FFS!!!

Jake October 14, 2013 at 8:46 pm

Play it again. Viewers of age 14-18 love it. I’m fifteen and love it. Bring it back

K October 12, 2013 at 3:27 am

I would follow the show. I found it on netflix and watched all 3 seasons, laughed majority of the time.

Anonymous October 21, 2013 at 2:45 am

Me too funniest show I’ve seen in a long time

Ryan October 11, 2013 at 9:44 pm

It was way to good of a show to only last three seasons. Television has gone to shit for the
most part.

Couch September 30, 2013 at 2:27 pm

Just found out about blue mountain state a week ago and I already watched every episode on my phone. Freakin hilarious show and probably the best show I’ve seen. I’m pissed there are not anymore seasons or episodes to watch. A movie would be cool but I like the individual episodes also. I say make it happen and put it back in the air. I don’t watch Spike tv that much so go MTV or something. Replace those stupid teen parenting shows off the air.