Blue Mountain State: Cancelled; No Season Four

Blue Mountain State canceled season fourThe game is over for Coach Daniels (Ed Marinaro) and his team. There won’t be a fourth season for Blue Mountain State. The Spike TV series has been cancelled.

The comedy series revolves around the on and off-field antics of Pennsylvania college football powerhouse, Blue Mountain State. Coach Daniels has his hands full with the hijynx of his wife (Denise Richards) and students like team captain Thad (Alan Ritchson), quarterback Alex (Darin Brooks), and team mascot Sammy (Chris Romano).

The comedy performed decently for Spike in season one and realized significant gains in season two. The cable channel reported that the series saw a 33% increase with men 18-34, a 50% climb in men 18-24, and a 14% increase with men 18-49.

Total viewership dropped however in season three which kicked off this past September. While some episodes of season two had attracted 1.25 million viewers, at least one episode of season three garnered only half as many viewers. Spike TV aired the last two episodes of the season on November 30th. It turns out they’ll also be the last of the series as well.

Should BMS have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Lionsgate, the studio that produces Blue Mountain State, apparently considered shopping the series to other outlets but it didn’t work out. The cast and crew were recently told that season four wouldn’t be happening.

While it’s been reported that the show was cancelled due to a decline in ratings, producer Eric Falconer says differently. He tweeted, “BMS wasn’t cancelled because of a drop in ratings. Season 3 was actually up 20% + in all male demographics vs S2. It was a budget issue.”

As recently as last week, Falconer was still hoping to hear that the show had been picked up for season four. However, it seems that State was actually living on borrowed time with Spike — even during season three. Last August, Spike TV executive VP Sharon Levy told Variety that the cable channel would be focusing on only non-scripted programming for the immediate future.

Of the cancellation news, Ritchson wrote, “Sad day for #BMS fans.” He followed that up with, “I can’t thank the dedicated cast, crew, and fans enough for all the love and support. Portraying Thad was a dream come true. I’m grateful.”

Brooks thanked the cast and crew and “everyone who made this show possible…a HUGE thank you!! Love you guys!!”

What do you think? Are you sorry that Blue Mountain State has been cancelled? Would you follow the show to another channel? Would you be interested in a BMS movie?

KillaFaScrilla January 5, 2014 at 6:13 am

They should have never cancelled BMS, everyone I know finds this show hilarious. Bring it back please!!

Blake January 5, 2014 at 3:02 am

I just heard of the show recently, got addicted and finished the series within 3-4 days. This show has become one of my favorite shows of all time! I don’t know what spike was thinking in canceling this show but if anything they need to bring it back and create more advertising because I didn’t hear of this show until I got netflix. If spike wants more attention for the show they just need to put up more ads for this show! Period!

Donice January 4, 2014 at 8:06 pm

This is one of the funniest shows I have ever watched. Sad to see it get cancelled. I wish they would make another season.

Melissa Casiraro January 3, 2014 at 7:41 pm

I love this show! I’m a girll its awesomeee im so sad the season was cancelledd.

Elise January 1, 2014 at 10:35 pm

Seriously the best show I’ve ever seen, it think there should be a season 4 and don’t stop there

Ed December 30, 2013 at 11:26 pm

Found the show during season 2. Loved it. Would follow it to another programming vendor OR a movie — as long as it is kept raw & raunchy.

Nicolas December 23, 2013 at 6:48 pm

Loved each one of the episodes. Very well done, Thad and Alex where my favorite al though the program itself was excellent. I was really sad when I heard season 4 was not coming.

Cheers,
A big fan

Tim December 20, 2013 at 6:22 pm

They should have never canceled this show. I think they need to bring it back.

Marlin December 16, 2013 at 10:58 pm

Just finished watching blue mountain state on Netflix. I’m pretty disappointed they took one of the greatest shows off the air. Another 10 seasons and a few movies would be great,with all the same cast, Most importantly put same actor THAD and ALEX on the show or movie,They are what made this show awesome and truly funny.If you don’t use them don’t bother making anymore seasons/movie cause it defiantly won’t be the same without them. Oh and don’t forget Sammy Harmon.

LETS GO BMS

jeremy January 7, 2014 at 12:51 am

i believe they need to add more than 10 seasons this show is HILARIOUS i want my college experience to be like this!!!

Jackson December 16, 2013 at 10:25 pm

BMS was Amazing it amy have came to early for 2010-2012 but I think there would be a big profit if it was brought back!

Brett December 17, 2013 at 9:29 pm

Yes a very big profit it if it was brought back Spike needs to resign BMS they need something like BMS to put something different on.

MartinsPortugal December 7, 2013 at 8:01 pm

BMS rules! Made a final season or a movie!

Corey December 7, 2013 at 1:44 pm

I started watching this show on netflix, it was one of the funniest, and all around best T.V. shows I’ve ever seen. A new season, to see what all of the main cast members are up to now, or a movie that ends better than the series did, would be the greatest thing the creators of the show could do. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if every single viewer (plus more) would watch this new season/movie. The same actors should be used and everything. It would make so many people happy, and it would make them so much money

Adolfo December 6, 2013 at 3:30 pm

I really enjoyed watching Blue Mountain State, it was hilarious. I caught every episode of every season and was really disappointed to hear it was being canceled I was looking forward to catching season 4. Thad, Alex, Sammy and Harmon were awesome and really kept it entertaining.

Michael Boykin December 3, 2013 at 6:34 pm

I really think that Blue mountain State really should not have been cancelled. I just started to watch the show on netflix and I really got attached to the show. I know this note is a little late and that the show will probably not come back but I would like to see alex an the football gang come back and win one more title.

Go Goats

Anthony December 1, 2013 at 8:09 pm

This show was really great I’d love to watch a season 4 I hope you guys are planning on it and help us BMS fans have a good laugh again.