Blue Mountain State: Cancelled; No Season Four

Blue Mountain State canceled season fourThe game is over for Coach Daniels (Ed Marinaro) and his team. There won’t be a fourth season for Blue Mountain State. The Spike TV series has been cancelled.

The comedy series revolves around the on and off-field antics of Pennsylvania college football powerhouse, Blue Mountain State. Coach Daniels has his hands full with the hijynx of his wife (Denise Richards) and students like team captain Thad (Alan Ritchson), quarterback Alex (Darin Brooks), and team mascot Sammy (Chris Romano).

The comedy performed decently for Spike in season one and realized significant gains in season two. The cable channel reported that the series saw a 33% increase with men 18-34, a 50% climb in men 18-24, and a 14% increase with men 18-49.

Total viewership dropped however in season three which kicked off this past September. While some episodes of season two had attracted 1.25 million viewers, at least one episode of season three garnered only half as many viewers. Spike TV aired the last two episodes of the season on November 30th. It turns out they’ll also be the last of the series as well.

Should BMS have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Lionsgate, the studio that produces Blue Mountain State, apparently considered shopping the series to other outlets but it didn’t work out. The cast and crew were recently told that season four wouldn’t be happening.

While it’s been reported that the show was cancelled due to a decline in ratings, producer Eric Falconer says differently. He tweeted, “BMS wasn’t cancelled because of a drop in ratings. Season 3 was actually up 20% + in all male demographics vs S2. It was a budget issue.”

As recently as last week, Falconer was still hoping to hear that the show had been picked up for season four. However, it seems that State was actually living on borrowed time with Spike — even during season three. Last August, Spike TV executive VP Sharon Levy told Variety that the cable channel would be focusing on only non-scripted programming for the immediate future.

Of the cancellation news, Ritchson wrote, “Sad day for #BMS fans.” He followed that up with, “I can’t thank the dedicated cast, crew, and fans enough for all the love and support. Portraying Thad was a dream come true. I’m grateful.”

Brooks thanked the cast and crew and “everyone who made this show possible…a HUGE thank you!! Love you guys!!”

What do you think? Are you sorry that Blue Mountain State has been cancelled? Would you follow the show to another channel? Would you be interested in a BMS movie?

Anonymous January 20, 2014 at 2:24 am

It bring bms back!!!!!!!!

Stone leiker January 18, 2014 at 10:44 pm

I love bms good movie. Please come back bms . I watch bms Netflix every night

Jake January 18, 2014 at 2:52 pm

Bms is my all time favorite series, saw it through netflix and only took me 2-3 episodes to get hooked, hot girls, partying, football, funny ass cast and crew. Nothing any viewer wouldn’t like. Bring it back!!! Especially after seeing that hot girl who was in Alex’s past…hummina

John Mackey January 14, 2014 at 10:18 pm

I would so follow the BMS series amywhere I absolutly love the show. If I could start my own tv station this show would be the first show on my station. Love the BMS cast and crew…. gonna miss you guys good luck and I hope some wise channel does decide to pick up the show

JT January 14, 2014 at 3:41 am

BMS was college humor. Anybody can enjoy it, regardless of age. It’s the new American pie, just much better. I would love another season or similar series!

Mark January 14, 2014 at 3:25 am

Bring back BMW you bastards

Christu January 14, 2014 at 12:31 am

Please bring BMS Back! It’s the reason I stay in on the weekends and watch it on Netflix all night but I finished all the seasons. I NEED this to look forward to

Alex January 13, 2014 at 11:39 pm

This show was great! Another provider should pick it up they could make bank on season 4

Chris January 10, 2014 at 7:16 pm

No! I need my BMS!!!

noxx January 10, 2014 at 7:09 am

plz plz bring back the series….. I want season 4 so bad

Justin castetter January 9, 2014 at 5:02 pm

I definately want an hour long episode and a season 4, 5, and 6. BMS is the best show in history.

Jackie January 8, 2014 at 9:23 pm

I can’t even believe what I am reading!!!! Blue Mountain State was by far the most funniest show on spike in my opinion. Bring on season four. I know a lotofpeople who enjoy watching that show.

Derek January 8, 2014 at 6:56 am

I would watch season four…. And I know my of my friends that would also love to watch #BMS4… Why stop the show when you could make millions off of the season four if you ask me spike has messed up why not bring it back..

Brett January 6, 2014 at 10:17 pm

I can’t believe they canceled this show… I’ve never seen a funnier TV comedy in my life! I think it would be a very smart move for a network to buy this show back and make more episode because it would bring in so many ratings and make them allot of money. If they don’t continue the show, maybe they should make a Blue Mountain State movie?

Brett January 6, 2014 at 10:15 pm