Blue Mountain State: Cancelled; No Season Four

Blue Mountain State canceled season fourThe game is over for Coach Daniels (Ed Marinaro) and his team. There won’t be a fourth season for Blue Mountain State. The Spike TV series has been cancelled.

The comedy series revolves around the on and off-field antics of Pennsylvania college football powerhouse, Blue Mountain State. Coach Daniels has his hands full with the hijynx of his wife (Denise Richards) and students like team captain Thad (Alan Ritchson), quarterback Alex (Darin Brooks), and team mascot Sammy (Chris Romano).

The comedy performed decently for Spike in season one and realized significant gains in season two. The cable channel reported that the series saw a 33% increase with men 18-34, a 50% climb in men 18-24, and a 14% increase with men 18-49.

Total viewership dropped however in season three which kicked off this past September. While some episodes of season two had attracted 1.25 million viewers, at least one episode of season three garnered only half as many viewers. Spike TV aired the last two episodes of the season on November 30th. It turns out they’ll also be the last of the series as well.

Should BMS have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Lionsgate, the studio that produces Blue Mountain State, apparently considered shopping the series to other outlets but it didn’t work out. The cast and crew were recently told that season four wouldn’t be happening.

While it’s been reported that the show was cancelled due to a decline in ratings, producer Eric Falconer says differently. He tweeted, “BMS wasn’t cancelled because of a drop in ratings. Season 3 was actually up 20% + in all male demographics vs S2. It was a budget issue.”

As recently as last week, Falconer was still hoping to hear that the show had been picked up for season four. However, it seems that State was actually living on borrowed time with Spike — even during season three. Last August, Spike TV executive VP Sharon Levy told Variety that the cable channel would be focusing on only non-scripted programming for the immediate future.

Of the cancellation news, Ritchson wrote, “Sad day for #BMS fans.” He followed that up with, “I can’t thank the dedicated cast, crew, and fans enough for all the love and support. Portraying Thad was a dream come true. I’m grateful.”

Brooks thanked the cast and crew and “everyone who made this show possible…a HUGE thank you!! Love you guys!!”

What do you think? Are you sorry that Blue Mountain State has been cancelled? Would you follow the show to another channel? Would you be interested in a BMS movie?

Canceled and renewed TV show

529 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. alex says

bring it back . number 1 on my favorite shows of all time it was the best and how can u cut morans senior year bring shilo back too i love this show there should definantley be a movie bout it too

2. dillon desean says

BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AND ALL THE ORIGINAL CHARACTERS TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

3. dillon desean says

BMS needs to be renewed!!!!! literally all my friends love the series and have watched the series 3 or more times over, comedy central should take over bms and re air it. i have hundreds of friends in washington state and in georgia and they love the show, problem with spike tv is there not as known as comedy central and most ppl dont watch that channel. please bring back bms, its the ****!!! guarantee on comedy central ratings will go out the roof

4. Russell says

i loved this show. i spent 10 hours watching all three seasons on netflix i was so addicted, i wanna see Morans senior year, and i always laugh seeing harmon tripp his balls off

5. Orlando villarreal says

Please put bms back on at first i was watching pair of kings and then i stopped watching it cause they replaced mitchel musso i was really sad so i started watching bms and it was really fun like pair of kings know their not showing anymore videos please please

6. Zip says

Football season starts and no BMS… Reignited depression. BMS was my favorite show ever. I’d give up all the other series I’ve been watching for one more episode of BMS.

7. Andrew says

I was legitimately depressed when i found out this show was cancelled. I would follow it anywhere no matter what it was. If it’s BMS, I’m going to watch it and I’m going to love it.

8. Randy says

I would follow BMS wherever it went!!! I havent watched a show that made me actually laugh like that in a long time! Please bring it back!!! MOJITOS!!!

9. Crystal says

I loved BMS! I wish they would bring it back or on another channel or something!! Such a great show and an amazing cast!! Put it on TBS or soemthing like that where you will get more fans and money… something but BRING IT BACK!!!

10. William says

Please bring Blue Mountain State BACK!!!!!! one of the best shows ever atleast on another channel or something