Body of Proof: Last Episode of Cancelled Series Gives Closure

body of proof last episodeThough Body of Proof was cancelled a couple weeks ago, there is some good news for fans of the ABC series. The series finale, which airs tonight at 10pm, will offer some closure to the show.

Speaking to TV Guide, star Dana Delany shared, “It’s a very satisfying ending… We do solve the mystery of the death of Megan’s father and she finally comes to terms with her feelings for Tommy Sullivan (Mark Valley). And I really, really liked it a lot… I think that the viewers are going to be happy.”

Delany also noted that the third season ends so well that the cast and crew weren’t sure what a fourth year would have held.

The third season finale was finished before ABC officially cancelled the show but the producers certainly knew that Body of Proof could be be canned due to low ratings. Delany added, “I think that everyone in television now knows you need to end your season, because you never know the future of a show, unless you’re Mad Men.

What do you think? Do you think Body of Proof should have been renewed? What could have happened in season four?

Barbara May 29, 2013 at 9:18 pm

Watched this show EVERY week. Loved the addition of Mark Valley as a possible love interest for Meagan. Interesting plots without vulgarity…no wonder it got canceled.

suzanne May 29, 2013 at 5:34 pm

I really love that show, big fan of Dana Delaney , will miss it !

olly May 29, 2013 at 3:25 pm

VERY disappointed it has been cancelled. So much better than all these rediculous reality shows.

Why Watch May 29, 2013 at 3:24 pm

I for one did not like this show. That being said, this is a far better alternative than those crud reality shows that get put on in place of shows like this. Networks, give the viewer a show that requires some intelligence to watch. I find myself watching less all the time.

K Greenhouse May 29, 2013 at 3:16 pm

I’m sorry to see this show leave. We loved this show, all three of us in the house – even a 15 yr. old and two parents!!! This was a GREAT show. The concept of that this Dr. (Dana Delaney) wanted to give respect to the dead by letting the body show her how the person died, was a nice touch as compared to the CSI shows.

Some of the best shows are taken off the air!!!

Judy May 29, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Loved this show! So sorry it was cancelled.

Karen May 29, 2013 at 9:58 am

Very bad idea ABC this besides Castle was the best show on the air..Might reconsider this one…

Jim May 29, 2013 at 9:43 am

I liked the show. My wife LOVED the show and was very sorry when she heard it was canceled. It was a very intelligent scripted show, with well developed characters. The savvy and hearstrong examiner, her teenaged daughter, the boyfriend cop, the two assistants, her very attractive and polititcally motivated boss being encouraged to seek a political career by a corrupt mentor. And the relationship she had with her mom was also complex. I would rather see this show continue than any of the myriad of mindless reality shows. But I know everything is numbers. And I heard it takes 3 to 4 times the cost to produce a good scripted show than it does to put on a reality show, so there you have it. But like Hill Street Blues was pulled out of the trash in its early years, I hope this does as well, but doubt it.

kate fredericks May 30, 2013 at 9:03 am

Jim, it’s more about demographics than anything. I have been a lone voice in the wilderness as I have watched good show after good show with good ratings (this past season – Vegas, Golden Boy and CSI NY, Alphas (Syfy), this one, and many more) – were all cancelled, NOT because their ratings aren’t high enough, but because the wrong demographic (over 50 crowd) were mostly watching it. Their argument is weak and good television is being decimated because of it! Do some research, Jim, and everybody else! You will see I am right!!

Bear May 29, 2013 at 9:37 am

I agree w/ the idea of a great summer show. Just because summers used too be filled w/ reruns is no reason to continue that way. Down with the reality show overload & bring this back next summer. I’d like to know how the run for office goes, continuation of Megan & Tommy romance & the continued interesting cases & interaction in the lab.

Anonymous May 29, 2013 at 8:28 am

Yes, because u were givin her young men to date last year was better than this year 2 many cSts changes

Moe Reese May 29, 2013 at 5:34 am

This makes me think that any television drama written with a modicum of intelligence will not garner enough viewers to keep it afloat. I am with Lois. Like “Harry’s Law”, there is no support for quality programming. On the other hand, “reality” shows are perennial favorites. Alas and alack, there is no hope for thinking viewers.

Alex May 29, 2013 at 1:25 am

Those show should not be canceled! The plethora of poor shows for the summer and they cancel a good show. A travesty!

Paul May 29, 2013 at 12:06 am

ABC Why???? Your taking another good show off the air. It’s time that you start letting the viewers make the decision. Bring back Body of Proof and Malibu Country these are show that keep people happy and laughing. Do what’s needed ABC!!!!

Anonymous May 28, 2013 at 11:29 pm

No, it should have not been cancelled. It was actually a very good show, especially compared to all of the saw old ones that keep getting renewed! I hope someone picks if up.

dee May 28, 2013 at 11:14 pm

Love this show. We find the show very entertaining. Would hate to see it cancelled. ABC has very few shows worth watching so hopefully they will reconsider this action.