Body of Proof: Will Cable Save the Cancelled Series?

Body of Proof canceledWhen ABC cancelled Body of Proof, word was that cable channels like USA, TNT, and WGA America were interested in picking up the show for a fourth season.

ABC network president Paul Lee even said, “I would love to see Body of Proof find a good home for itself. I love Dana Delany.”

The sentiment wasn’t really a surprise since ABC Studios (which produces the crime drama) has been making the show at a deficit. They have had success selling it overseas but a fourth season would bring the series closer to having enough episodes for a lucrative syndication package.

Unfortunately, a new home couldn’t be found and Body of Proof is staying cancelled.

Creator Matt Gross broke the bad news, writing, “Valiant effort from #abc studios to sell #bodyofproof to another net, Sad to report there will not be a season 4 TOD 5:24pm 5-22-13 RIP.”

He followed that up with, “We tried, tried and tried. No stone left unturned-No one wanted to keep this show on the air more than #abc studios & me-We’re all bummed.”

Following the news, Delaney tweeted, “Thank you to all who campaigned for #BodyOfProof4. 3rd most watched drama @ABCNetwork thanks to you. I will miss Dr Megan Hunt & Co. RIP”

What do you think? Do you wish that a cable channel had picked it up? Would you have watched the show on cable?

KIM May 31, 2013 at 12:50 pm

YEP, JUST LIKE THE MOUSE HOUSE TO CANCEL ANOTHER GOOD SHOW TO PUT A CRAPPY SHOW ON FOR LESS THEN A SEASON THEN CANCEL IT, OR BETTER YET A GOOD SHOW LIKE ZERO HR OR 666 , AMC &OLTL AND CANCEL THEM ANYWAY, WAY TO GO ABC !

Brenda Smith May 31, 2013 at 9:52 am

From Canada with Love. This gal adores Body of Proof! I simply don’t understand the logic of cancelling a show of this calibre! What the problem is….Too many of these idiotic reality shows are replacing shows with great storylines! What the hell is wrong with these decision makers? This show appeals to my age group (68 yrs. young) and I’m getting fed up with the crap these mucky muks are dishing out to us!!
Stop catering to the young or you’ll find a great majority of television viewers like myself (retired) turning off our sets!
Smarten up before it’s too late!!!!
P’d off in Canada!!!!!!

Maureen May 31, 2013 at 9:01 am

I don’t care what channel Body of Proof is on. I would watch it wherever it went.

Shawna May 30, 2013 at 11:50 pm

I really enjoy this show. Hope cable picks it up…hint hint.

Jannel May 30, 2013 at 11:17 pm

Please find a home for this show it is great

PFaulkner May 30, 2013 at 7:54 pm

I am so disappointed. I love this show and would absolutely watch it if it was in a cable channel.

Anonymous May 30, 2013 at 4:59 pm

Please don’t cancel body of proof. Love the show . Hope it finds a new home

Bobbie May 30, 2013 at 4:05 pm

I would love to see Body of Proof back on TV. I would watch it on any channel. I think the cast did a great job, and Dana Delaney was superb in her roll. Hope the exes will reconsider and bring it back to its loyal fans.

Chris May 30, 2013 at 9:34 am

Body of Proof is one of my favorite shows – never miss it. Will now!! Why do they leave the ridiculous reality shows on and then get rid of the good stuff?

kate fredericks May 30, 2013 at 8:53 am

Maggie, it’s all about demographics and the sooner the public learns this, the sooner we’ll get “good” TV back on the air. Body of Proof has been very good this past season with good ratings. Cable would be smart to cater to the over 50 crowd and give us back our good shows. They WILL shut down the networks and it won’t give the public one moment of sadness!

Craig May 30, 2013 at 12:16 am

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that fans comment about wanting the show to stay on, but I am surprised that so many actually thought this was a good show. Take a little time to compare it to other crime dramas, and you would realize this was a very weak show.

Nancy May 29, 2013 at 11:48 pm

I can’t believe that they cancelled this great show! Someone pick it up, please?? Why do all the quality shows get cancelled while the crap continues on???

Anthony May 29, 2013 at 11:44 pm

THIS IS MY FAVORITE SHOW. CABLE PLEASE PICK THIS SHOW BACK UP.

Nancy May 29, 2013 at 11:31 pm

I wish Body of proof would get picked up, it was a great series. The last episode was fantastic.

Elizabeth Posey May 29, 2013 at 11:15 pm

I agree word for word with Marie Tomlinson. I would definitely watch it on cable!

John Irwin June 25, 2013 at 11:58 pm

I injoy the show and I never miss it. I hope thire is some way her fans could help!!!
There a lot of fans that will come to her and do what needs to be DONE to keep you on BODY OF PROOF….
YOUR FAN……………….BIG JOHN….!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!