Body of Proof

Body of ProofNetwork: ABC
Episodes: 42 (hour)
Seasons: Three

TV show dates: March 29, 2011 – May 28, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Dana Delany, Jeri Ryan, Nicholas Bishop, Geoffrey Arend, Windell D. Middlebrooks, John Carroll Lynch, and Sonja Sohn.

current TV show

TV show description:
Dr. Megan Hunt (Dana Delany) was in a class of her own, a brilliant neurosurgeon at the top of her game. Her world was turned upside down after a devastating car accident put an end to her time in the operating room. She eventually reinvented herself as a Philadelphia medical examiner, determined to solve the puzzle of who or what killed the victims. She uses her vast medical knowledge and investigative instincts to solve the medical mysteries of the dead and bring those responsible for their deaths to justice. Megan’s instincts are sharp, but she’s developed a reputation for graying the lines of where her job ends and where the police department’s begins.

Unfortunately, she isn’t so good at balancing her professional and personal lives. A bitter divorce ended with Megan’s ex-husband gaining sole custody of their daughter. As an advocate for the dead, Megan is unequaled. As a mother, she has a lot to learn.

Equal parts pathologist and politician, Dr. Kate Murphy (Jeri Ryan) must balance relationships with the Medical Examiner’s Office, the Philadelphia Police Department, and City Hall. It’s no easy task — especially when she has to rein in Megan. Fortunately, Kate and Megan find common ground because they both want to help grieving families get closure and find out what happened to their loved ones.

A former cop, Peter Dunlop (Nicholas Bishop) is the Medicolegal Investigator for the Philadelphia Medical Examiner’s Office. After a gunshot ripped through his shoulder during a convenience store robbery, Peter found himself off the streets and inside a rehab facility. Three months of physical therapy later, he had found his true calling: medicine. He works side-by-side with Megan as they investigate mysterious cases.

Dr. Ethan Gross (Geoffrey Arend) gave up pediatrics for forensic pathology on the day that he saw his first autopsy. He’s now the youngest and most enthusiastic person working in the Medical Examiner’s Office. He tries to model himself after Megan and her medical skills but still has a lot to learn when it comes to easing the pain of victims’ grieving families.

As the Deputy Chief Medical Examiner, Dr. Curtis Brumfield (Windell D. Middlebrooks) is technically Megan’s boss but he quickly realizes that that’s easier said than done. He’s capable and intelligent as a medical examiner. However, when he’s not busy trying to rein in Megan, you can find him in the dirt, studying his true love — insects.

Making sure that Megan doesn’t overstep her bounds is Detective Bud Morris (John Carroll Lynch); a hardheaded, straight-shooting veteran of the Philadelphia Homicide Division. He’s no stranger to death and violent crimes. He fights for justice on Philly streets while fighting to mend the troubled relationship with his wife.

Bud’s new partner is Detective Samantha Baker (Sonja Sohn), a recent transfer from vice. While Bud doesn’t like Megan’s methods, Sam identifies with her take-no-prisoners approach and feels right at home working alongside those in the Medical Examiner’s Office.
space

Series Finale

Episode #42 — Daddy Issues
Megan gets the go-ahead for the exhumation of her father’s body. She’s shocked to discover that his coffin is empty. Her mom, Joan, is equally stunned. She feels guilty for standing in her daughter’s way all these years. The records regarding Megan’s dad old medical cases are also missing.

Chief Angela Martin gets wind of the formerly covert investigation and asks Tommy to keep her in the loop. Trent Marsh, the slightly-psycho psychotherapist that Megan met in “Eye for an Eye,” approaches her in the street. He offers his assistance. Megan says she’ll deal with her “daddy issues” her way.

Megan finds a key hidden in her father’s old lighter. It unlocks a secret area in his old study. One of the missing medical files is hidden there. Megan believes this case is probably what got her dad killed. The file is for a young woman named Lindsay Pratt who was murdered the day before her father died by a serial killer named Earl Brown. Megan and Tommy pay a visit to the guy in prison. He denies killing Lindsay Pratt. Brown is already serving life for killing many others, so he has no reason to lie.

Megan and Tommy pay a visit to the retired detective, Glenn Fitz, who investigated the Earl Brown murders. He’s positive the jury got it right when they convicted Brown for Lindsay Pride’s murder. Megan isn’t so sure. She finds a discrepancy with how Lindsay was asphyxiated. Her murder shows signs that she was killed by a police chokehold method. Megan believes Glenn Fitz may have killed the girl.

Tommy gets permission from Chief Martin to question the retired cop. Megan bursts into the interrogation room to flat-out accuse Fitz of killing Lindsay Pride as well as her father.

Megan fears Fitz is going to get away with murder. Trent Marsh, again, offers to avenge her father’s death his way. Once again, Megan declines. In other news, Kate has Ethan give her the breakdown on a body that was found in the woods. She reconstructs the John Doe’s facial features.

Curtis can see how much she digs doing this type of work. She loves it way more than politics. The sketch of her victim’s face looks familiar to Megan. It’s Glenn Fitz’s former partner, Arthur Wilcox. Two gunshots strike Glenn Fitz as he’s stepping out of his car in his home driveway. Now both of the cops who worked the Earl Brown case are dead.

Megan rushes to tell Tommy the news, but finds Chief Martin instead. She fills her in on the details of what she learned. Martin agrees to accompany Megan back to the office. She pulls out a gun during the drive. She tells Megan that she’s the one who killed Lindsay Pratt in a jealous rage. Arthur Wilcox helped her cover it up. Martin forced Megan’s dad to write his own suicide note before killing him. He was a loose end. She’s the one who dug him up out of the ground to cover her tracks. Martin also killed Fitz and now she needs to kill Megan. BANG! Chief Angela Martin falls to the ground. She’s been shot dead by Trent Marsh.

A stunned Megan tells Tommy that Marsh is the man who saved her life. The cops storm the therapist’s office, but it’s been cleaned out. The only thing left is a copy of a book titled Silent Anguish: Survivors of Suicide. Megan pockets the note inside that simply reads “You’re Welcome.” She heads home to grieve with her mom.

Later, Megan shows up at Tommy’s place. She thanks him for everything he did. Megan lets Tommy know that she’s held the past against him for far too long. She doesn’t know why he puts up with her. For Tommy Sullivan, the answer is simple. He knows Megan Hunt is worth it. The two of them share a kiss that’s been a long time in the making.
Courtesy ABC.
First aired: May 28, 2013

space
What do you think? Do you like the Body of Proof TV series? Do you think it should have been be cancelled or renewed for a fourth season?

Tina E. Noponen October 26, 2012 at 1:59 pm

I have been waiting & waiting too see this show return! WHEN??????

PLEASE someone let me know — have DVR set & cannot find it!! I love this show & have been told that season 3 is coming back — but, WHEN??

Thanks so m
uch!

admin October 26, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Likely early 2013 but no date et.

Anonymous October 17, 2012 at 2:59 pm

I love body of proof,I think Megan and Peter should hook up!!

Cora Marburger September 24, 2012 at 1:05 pm

What a great show. I’m addicted to seeing it every week. What great characters and quality scripts. I’ms glad the show is not cancelled. Thanks!

beverly bolen June 11, 2012 at 11:00 am

I hope they do not cancel this one, it is a good family show.

Craig May 12, 2012 at 11:32 pm

OMG Has anyone heard the news yet? On May 11th it was annoucned online. NOw I’m still trying to understand what they mean but from what I do undersand is this. Body Of Proof got renewed for a third season. :) I finally saw it today. However there’s a bit of a down side to it I think. They are only going to do 13 episodes. But wow I am really happy still. I mean it’s Body Of Proof. I know my mom will be happy when I give her the news. I mean it’s our favorite show to watch together. I mean I like how a show like this can bring people together in a strange way. A show like this is great in our opinions. We talk , and even try to solve the mystery together when watching the show. I mean also something I noticed about the show that my mom commented on was not only is it an exciting show to watch while the cast do their thing to solve the mystery, but my mom also likes how this show isn’t that raunchy. I mean no offense but for example like in Grey’s Anatomy it seems like everyone is sleeping with one or the other. That’s okay and all but that’s just my mother “lol” I just hope that this 13 episode season becomes more. I Love Dana Delany, and Jeri Ryan. Well I hope others read this and I hope that my research is accurate on this news I have shared with you all. Keep up the support for Body of Proof people.

Anita May 10, 2012 at 4:34 pm

I am hoping Body of Proof comes back next season for sure. I’m not enjoying the reality shows or a lot of the shows Channel 7 has replaced with shows they have taken off the air. My favortie show Gray’s Anatomy is thankfully on. How about some more well written shows like that one. I will miss Desperate Housewives and already miss Brothers & Sisters. I agree with the other people the reality shows are terrible. I realize they are being put on because the shows cost less to put together, but please give us some good shows, so people who have some intelligence can get some entertainment value out of them. So many shows seem to be aimed at people who aren’t very bright. Many of my friends feel the same way.

Lastly, thanks for the good shows you have put on just love Gray’s anatomy.

Anita in califoria

Brooke May 13, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Body of proof was renewed for a season 3!!!

It is a 13-episode order so we will get to see what happened to Peter!

Hugs and Kisses
-Brooke

Jon May 8, 2012 at 3:49 pm

Cancel Body and you might as well put ABC in a tomb. You have some good programs and a load of#$@#$$%$ reality which glorifies a bunch of idiots. The world is sick of so-called scripted reality shows. Everyone knows they are fake so get rid of them.. PLEASE!!!!!

carmen boyle May 4, 2012 at 9:46 pm

I like body of proof and missing. They are great shows. I can’t believe that you continue to renew reality shows and stupid sitcoms.

Queen April 11, 2012 at 4:10 pm

I totally hate the bachelor and bachelorette and even dancing with the stars. Why do you guys keep using the ancient rating system. Times have changed. You must keep
Up with progress. I never watch a show as it is playing. I have things to do and I abhore commercials. I will pause a show for at least 10 minutes and work on laundry or help with homework and then start a show. You can eventually get caught up with zero commercials. It is fantastic. Body of proof, Missing, and Castle are great shows. Don’t give up so easily. Who cares about these silly reality (bogus reality) dating shows and shows like GCB. Please keep playing the others.

E. April 6, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Enjoy this tv show. love all the characters and the parts they play. PLEASE DO NOT DISCONTINUE THIS SHOW. The day and time is just right.

denise April 5, 2012 at 12:21 am

they still haven’t made up their minds about body of proof, one of their better shows on the network and they will probably cancel it, it doesn’t matter if it’s a good show, they have to make room for more pilot shows, how stupid

denise March 4, 2012 at 6:08 pm

Love this show to, please lets keep it on, great characters and quality scripts. Lets not flub this by cancelling this show, keep it on for another season and more if possible.

Lisa French February 16, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Love the SHOW!!!! Please KEEP. I have a question. What was the name of the disease Dr. M.Hunt/DDelany identified as “mimics” Dementia/Alzheimer’s Disease on the show that aired Tuesday February 14, 2012 on Channel 8 Texas? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

denise smith December 29, 2011 at 2:22 pm

Love this show, I hope it stays around for a long time, lets give it a chance, please abc.

Rita Griffin May 10, 2011 at 7:38 pm

I love this show…especially the guy who plays the asst. ME, who was in the Miller High Life commercials……he really compliments Delany in her role. I thought CBS had the handle on these shows, but, this one is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for a good change from CSI and NCIS!!!!!!!!! Quincy M.E. (Jack Klugman) would be proud.
Rita Griffin