Bomb Girls: Cancelled, No Season Three But…

Bomb Girls canceledShaw Media in Canada has cancelled Bomb Girls after two seasons. The TV series airs on Global Television in Canada and on ReelzChannel here in the US.

Bomb Girls revolves around a group of Canadian women who work in a munitions factory as they build bombs for the Allies during World War II. The cast includes Meg Tilly, Jodi Balfour, Charlotte Hegele, Ali Liebert, Antonio Cupo, Sebastian Pigott, Peter Outerbridge, Anastasia Phillips, Jim Codrington, and Lisa Norton. Rosie O’Donnell guest-starred during the second season.

Though there won’t be a third season, Global has ordered a two-hour movie that will wrap up the series. A release notes that it “will conclude the rich storylines and the amazing journeys of these beloved characters which have strongly resonated with the show’s loyal fans.”

The TV movie will air in Winter 2014 in Canada. It seems likely that Reelz will purchase domestic rights to air the conclusion around that same time.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Bomb Girls has been cancelled? Are you looking forward to the movie?

Eileen April 15, 2014 at 12:26 pm

Love this show

jamesB April 8, 2014 at 12:16 pm

Sorry to learn that “Bomb Girls” will not return for another season. I really enjoyed the storylines looked forward to more great episodes. Thanks for the memory.

Earl Paikin March 30, 2014 at 2:18 pm

Is there any change of the “Bomb Girls” movie being repeated? I missed it the first time around.

Earl Paikin

Jill March 21, 2014 at 8:25 pm

I love that show..I was looking forward to the next season. Why is it every time something good comes along they cancel it, but they will air stupid shows like Honey Boo Boo and crap like that…..I’m sure those people are nice but honestly they don’t need to be on t.v. Bring back Bomb Girls…so we can have something interesting to watch.

Susan Young March 19, 2014 at 11:20 pm

This was a fantastic show!!We watched it on Netflix and when it ended, leaving you hanging : all I could say was WHHHAAAATTTT????I was so interested in it because my mother passed away last year and she worked in a factory that made bombs during the war. I want to know what happens to all the characters!! It is amazing how much crap there is on T.V. and when you get an interesting, well acted, well written show they cancel it!!But stupid shows like 2 Broke Girls that relies on how many times they can say the word “vagina” a big hit!! What a shame.

PaulD March 21, 2014 at 1:00 pm

Way to go Susan. I feel the same way. My Mom also worked in a bomb factory as did so many others. It was the beginning of Woman’s lib., and a time in our country when we were unified. However, we’ve sunk to new lows in America at the hands of the mob-style political
liberal ideologs.
PaulD

Michelle March 15, 2014 at 12:46 pm

I LOVE this show!
Please continue this series! I’m hooked. I keep watching season 1 and season 2 over and over again. Love the costumes and the story lines. Great show depicting strong women. Inspiring!

Annette March 12, 2014 at 7:49 pm

I really loved this show. Please bring it back!!

don March 10, 2014 at 9:49 am

Kind of cheesy with the faked bomb assembly area, but the character development was typical Canadian. Not a riveting story line, but kept the flow even with little bumps. On to the “Farm,” eh?

Jed Dunkin March 8, 2014 at 10:14 pm

This was one of the best shows on TV bar none how anybody could not like this show is beyond me. It was a show that catered to people with a brain and not a bunch of morons.

Karen March 2, 2014 at 9:51 pm

I really enjoyed watching Bomb girls and was very upset it ended when it die. I had been watching it on net flix. It seemed to end in 3/4 of the way through season 2 and left you hanging.

helen poehl February 28, 2014 at 4:38 pm

This is one show that I really enjoy. I think that you should have at least another season.

Claudia February 25, 2014 at 2:34 pm

I am so invested in the characters! There are very few shows that I actually enjoy and this is one of them. I am extremely disappointed that it’s been cancelled!! I live in Arizona and watched the series on Netflix. I really,really, hope that the movie will be available in the States!