Bomb Girls: Cancelled, No Season Three But…

Bomb Girls canceledShaw Media in Canada has cancelled Bomb Girls after two seasons. The TV series airs on Global Television in Canada and on ReelzChannel here in the US.

Bomb Girls revolves around a group of Canadian women who work in a munitions factory as they build bombs for the Allies during World War II. The cast includes Meg Tilly, Jodi Balfour, Charlotte Hegele, Ali Liebert, Antonio Cupo, Sebastian Pigott, Peter Outerbridge, Anastasia Phillips, Jim Codrington, and Lisa Norton. Rosie O’Donnell guest-starred during the second season.

Though there won’t be a third season, Global has ordered a two-hour movie that will wrap up the series. A release notes that it “will conclude the rich storylines and the amazing journeys of these beloved characters which have strongly resonated with the show’s loyal fans.”

The TV movie will air in Winter 2014 in Canada. It seems likely that Reelz will purchase domestic rights to air the conclusion around that same time.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Bomb Girls has been cancelled? Are you looking forward to the movie?

Kathleen L. Karafonda December 17, 2014 at 11:53 pm

I agree with Beverly above. TV audiences soak up such inane shows as the HOUSEWIVES- cum- various- city antics of very flawed women and get bored with views of ‘real’ women, such as the Bomb Girls.
Shame on us.

Debbie December 14, 2014 at 9:46 pm

Enjoyed Season 1 & 2. I was looking forward to Season 3, only to find out the series ended with the 2 hr. Movie. I will miss this series, many of my friends watched it & loved it too.

Steve December 7, 2014 at 3:37 am

It was a must see TV show for me and those type shows are very very few. I hate that this great show was cancelled.

Jim O'Hern December 6, 2014 at 3:16 pm

I have really enjoyed Bomb Girls, one of the best shows, acting, production, the whole show has been great, got sucked into the story line from first episode Sorry to see that it was cancelled, been watching on Netflix, saw season three, then only one episode, so here i am online to see no more. Please bring us move story line’s in the future,

Tina December 4, 2014 at 1:42 am

So sad….I just watched the final movie on Netflix thinking it was just the first of the 3rd season. I guess it wrapped things up….but I’m disappointed to learn this was the end. I could relate to so many of the characters. Bomb Girls was a quality show. So very sad to see it end.

Cindy Galt December 4, 2014 at 1:09 pm

Finally got to see the movie bringing it to a close last night. Watched on Netflix and it said Season 3 Episode 1 so my husband and I thought maybe it got renewed after all, but no luck. It was good, just sad Vera was killed off.

Cindy Galt November 14, 2014 at 8:44 am

Has anyone heard when the movie is coming out?

admin November 14, 2014 at 11:02 am

It aired on May 26th.

Cindy Galt November 14, 2014 at 5:33 pm

Do you know if we can get it either streaming on Netflix or do we have to get it on a disk in the mail?

admin November 14, 2014 at 8:03 pm

Sorry, I don’t know. I’d check the Netflix site.

Anita Boomgarden November 4, 2014 at 10:36 pm

I have watched the first 2 seasons on Netflix and thoroughly enjoyed the acting and storylines. This show was one of the best I have seen on TV lately. There are so few good shows on and this was very good. I hope I can see the finale. Sorry to see good shows removed because I find few shows I like on TV today.

J Ibanez October 6, 2014 at 8:14 am

My daughter and I fell in love with Bomb Girls, so sorry it was cancelled, was looking forward to more episodes.

Beverley Salmaso October 5, 2014 at 3:49 pm

I loved Bomb Girls. I thought it was very well written, well acted and very accurate in capturing the times, the styles and attitudes of the different characters that were portrayed in the series. Being a Canadian television show of such high standards was something we could all be proud of. I was very disappointed in learning that Bomb Girls was cancelled and I had to ask why a most interesting and worthwhile T.V. show could not have not lasted any longer. Seeing what is on television now, I think the taste of the television audience has a lot to be desired.

Jeanne Dobbs September 15, 2014 at 2:45 pm

Just found Bomb Girls on Netflix.So disappointed that it has been bombed. It is one of the few well written and acted shows on television.