Bomb Girls: Cancelled, No Season Three But…

Bomb Girls canceledShaw Media in Canada has cancelled Bomb Girls after two seasons. The TV series airs on Global Television in Canada and on ReelzChannel here in the US.

Bomb Girls revolves around a group of Canadian women who work in a munitions factory as they build bombs for the Allies during World War II. The cast includes Meg Tilly, Jodi Balfour, Charlotte Hegele, Ali Liebert, Antonio Cupo, Sebastian Pigott, Peter Outerbridge, Anastasia Phillips, Jim Codrington, and Lisa Norton. Rosie O’Donnell guest-starred during the second season.

Though there won’t be a third season, Global has ordered a two-hour movie that will wrap up the series. A release notes that it “will conclude the rich storylines and the amazing journeys of these beloved characters which have strongly resonated with the show’s loyal fans.”

The TV movie will air in Winter 2014 in Canada. It seems likely that Reelz will purchase domestic rights to air the conclusion around that same time.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Bomb Girls has been cancelled? Are you looking forward to the movie?

Canceled and renewed TV show

243 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Anonymous says

I am heartbroken!!!! I wish they could expand the series so that we would follow these women during the entire World War II and perhaps even with how they cope with their lives after the war. The storyline is amazing, and we must never forget that wars are not only won in the battlefield!

2. Gina says

I’m so devastated that bomb girls was canceled. Such an amazing TV show. It was so nice to watch real historical drama. There is so much garbage on these days. I certainly hope that someone in Hollywood could make a decent historical TV show!

3. Meagan says

Really disappointed the show was canceled. I think they should have made a season for each year in the war and then one for after the war was over showing how lives changed. excited to see the movie though, I cant get enouph of this movie

4. Kathleen L. Karafonda says

I agree with Beverly above. TV audiences soak up such inane shows as the HOUSEWIVES- ***- various- city antics of very flawed women and get bored with views of ‘real’ women, such as the Bomb Girls.
    Shame on us.

5. says

Enjoyed Season 1 & 2. I was looking forward to Season 3, only to find out the series ended with the 2 hr. Movie. I will miss this series, many of my friends watched it & loved it too.

6. Steve says

It was a must see TV show for me and those type shows are very very few. I hate that this great show was cancelled.

7. says

I have really enjoyed Bomb Girls, one of the best shows, acting, production, the whole show has been great, got sucked into the story line from first episode Sorry to see that it was cancelled, been watching on Netflix, saw season three, then only one episode, so here i am online to see no more. Please bring us move story line’s in the future,

8. Tina says

So sad….I just watched the final movie on Netflix thinking it was just the first of the 3rd season. I guess it wrapped things up….but I’m disappointed to learn this was the end. I could relate to so many of the characters. Bomb Girls was a quality show. So very sad to see it end.

• says

Finally got to see the movie bringing it to a close last night. Watched on Netflix and it said Season 3 Episode 1 so my husband and I thought maybe it got renewed after all, but no luck. It was good, just sad Vera was killed off.

9. Anita Boomgarden says

I have watched the first 2 seasons on Netflix and thoroughly enjoyed the acting and storylines. This show was one of the best I have seen on TV lately. There are so few good shows on and this was very good. I hope I can see the finale. Sorry to see good shows removed because I find few shows I like on TV today.

10. J Ibanez says

My daughter and I fell in love with Bomb Girls, so sorry it was cancelled, was looking forward to more episodes.

11. Beverley Salmaso says

I loved Bomb Girls. I thought it was very well written, well acted and very accurate in capturing the times, the styles and attitudes of the different characters that were portrayed in the series. Being a Canadian television show of such high standards was something we could all be proud of. I was very disappointed in learning that Bomb Girls was cancelled and I had to ask why a most interesting and worthwhile T.V. show could not have not lasted any longer. Seeing what is on television now, I think the taste of the television audience has a lot to be desired.