Bomb Girls: Cancelled, No Season Three But…

Bomb Girls canceledShaw Media in Canada has cancelled Bomb Girls after two seasons. The TV series airs on Global Television in Canada and on ReelzChannel here in the US.

Bomb Girls revolves around a group of Canadian women who work in a munitions factory as they build bombs for the Allies during World War II. The cast includes Meg Tilly, Jodi Balfour, Charlotte Hegele, Ali Liebert, Antonio Cupo, Sebastian Pigott, Peter Outerbridge, Anastasia Phillips, Jim Codrington, and Lisa Norton. Rosie O’Donnell guest-starred during the second season.

Though there won’t be a third season, Global has ordered a two-hour movie that will wrap up the series. A release notes that it “will conclude the rich storylines and the amazing journeys of these beloved characters which have strongly resonated with the show’s loyal fans.”

The TV movie will air in Winter 2014 in Canada. It seems likely that Reelz will purchase domestic rights to air the conclusion around that same time.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Bomb Girls has been cancelled? Are you looking forward to the movie?

Canceled and renewed TV show

244 Comments · Read them below or add one

• Anonymous says

I agree totally. Have been waiting for the new season. Way too much trash on TV and the good shows lose out. Disappointed.

1. barb says

This sucks! Someone needs to take over and continue the show!!!!! So sick of great shows being canceled! Reality shows no matter how stupid are winning, people would rather spend their money following someone around hoping they make a fool of themselves rather than produce a great shows!!!!! This sucks!!!!

2. Nora says

I really enjoyed watching bomb girls sucks that it was canceled ..really hope I don’t miss the movie looking forward to seeing it

3. Julia says

I really enjoyed watching “The Bomb Girls”. Very good acting, the character roles for that time, is perfect. The actors are upstanding for their performance. Finish the series, do not cancel.

• Darlene says

Not only is Bomb Girls off the air, but coming soon is another quality program “Hollywood Hillbillies”. Can TV get any worse? Of yah, I already asked that question and now this is the answer.

4. EJB says

This is a great show. I can’t believe that powers that be cancelled yet another quality show. Are they 12 years old or what? I will be spending my evenings reading instead of watching the junk on TV.

5. betty says

Quel dommage que cette série soit arrêtée. Comme dit plus bas, peut-être pas assez de violence ou de décolletés …

6. Heather says

There is a huge shortage of strong female characters in the modern film industry. We get crap like 2 Broke Girls to represent our gender and it’s paraded everywhere. This show wasn’t marketed or promoted and now this tiny gem had been canceled. What a terrible decision!

7. Donita says

If it’s not violent, lots of skin showing, or foul language, it seems to get cut. What’s wrong with this picture?

8. Tracy says

Why is it that ever show that is GOOD!!! That we don’t have to be afraid to let our kids see, get cancelled?? What a shame!!!!!!!! This show was awesome. I give up on who is making these bad decisions. They should be FIRED.

9. Deborah Switzer says

Just finish the series today, What??????? This program was well executed in its, writer and great characters. Most of them I learned to love. I really am looking forward to the next showing. It’s too bad such great programs get cut. Some stupid show that i found offensive like HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER can still be running. It just reminds me of the qualty of the general public.

10. Kim says

After watching both seasons on netflix in two days time I am deeply disappointed to learn of the show’s demise. I agree wholeheartedly with many of the comments already written. Quality television with strong and complex characters are few and far between, particularly ones that have strong women at the forefront and are willing to take on such an array of topics. What a terrible loss. I’m more inclined to give up on tv altogether and while in some ways that would be a good thing, it is the tease of shows like Bomb Girls that fools me into thinking perhaps some people are still committed to sharing quality stories through quality shows….but my hopes continue to be dashed.

11. Devin says

My family and I are so sad that the series ended! It quickly became our new favorite show. At least there is the TV movie coming out, just not soon enough! I’m really going to miss these characters. Absolutely wonderful series!

12. Jodi says

Why, oh why, do the shows of substance, those with characters worth following, always get cancelled????!!!!! So much of what is allowed to continue on tv is garbage, the same recycled ideas. Ugh!

• de castro says

I agree with Jodie! Well said, all these shows worth while are leaving the dedicated audience with cliff hangers. The viewer looks forward to the next act only to be shaffted by a disappearing act! For once could the network just follow through! Thanks.