Bomb Girls: Cancelled, No Season Three But…

Bomb Girls canceledShaw Media in Canada has cancelled Bomb Girls after two seasons. The TV series airs on Global Television in Canada and on ReelzChannel here in the US.

Bomb Girls revolves around a group of Canadian women who work in a munitions factory as they build bombs for the Allies during World War II. The cast includes Meg Tilly, Jodi Balfour, Charlotte Hegele, Ali Liebert, Antonio Cupo, Sebastian Pigott, Peter Outerbridge, Anastasia Phillips, Jim Codrington, and Lisa Norton. Rosie O’Donnell guest-starred during the second season.

Though there won’t be a third season, Global has ordered a two-hour movie that will wrap up the series. A release notes that it “will conclude the rich storylines and the amazing journeys of these beloved characters which have strongly resonated with the show’s loyal fans.”

The TV movie will air in Winter 2014 in Canada. It seems likely that Reelz will purchase domestic rights to air the conclusion around that same time.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Bomb Girls has been cancelled? Are you looking forward to the movie?

Canceled and renewed TV show

245 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Willeke says

Hello you all,

The series are playing now in the Netherlands.
    We love it.
    To bad there is’nt a 3th serie.

2. Jane says

Sorry to hear Bomb Girls will not air another season. Great show and cast. Too bad the good shows don’t stand a chance against foolish reality shows and the likes.

3. Duana says

I feel the same way. Awesome series, absolutely loved it. I think it had lots more to tell. I hate the powers that be.

4. Olga Douglas says

I am sooooo sick of getting into interesting series only for them to be CUT.!!!!!! I loved the Bomb Girls and the Land Girls. No doubt Crimson Field will also be cut. So fed up of the net works getting our interest then pulling the plug.

5. Faith says

loved this show – looked forward to it every week. It was very well put on, and was also educational as to what went on during the war with the making of bombs. Very sorry to see it was canceled – watched the season 3 premiere a few weeks ago, and was looking forward to another season. Bummer!!!

6. says

Loved this show. Anxiously awaiting return, but in searching for information have found this, Such a loss. I believe this should have been given more time.

7. Andrea Smith says

I was so shocked to hear it was cancelled. I loved the show and all the history behind the show. It gave an interesting perspective on what happened in another country besides America

8. Christina McDonald says

We loved the series! Can’t believe there won’t be a third series and beyond! Please bring it back!

9. Tom says

WOW… One of the best series is gone? It was accurate and relevant in 2014. It’s not just a shame, but a disappointment for Reels programming. Given it had hundreds of commercial breaks, I can’t understand the reasoning. But I won’t be watching Reels very much in the future. So very annoyed.

• says

Reelz is not responsible for canceling Bomb Girls. The producer, “Shaw Media” of Canada cancelled the series. No explanation given, however they must be on drugs to cancel such a relative and popular, money making series. But that’s how most unconscious personal behave.

10. Justine says

Please please please bring back bomb girls……..It is a fantastic show!!!
    I looked forward to watching it all the time.

11. Jim says

This is a great T.V. show I remember when my grand parents talking about this time in their life I will miss this show I hope they bring it back.